In Other News

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by -ROCKY-, Nov 26, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. heyitsdave

heyitsdave Member

Name:
    Dave Gilbert
    Current Bike:
    29er single speed
    The neighbors behind us and next door leave their dogs outside 24/7 so I've heard some stressed out dogs barking for any kind of attention. We've only had Pitts and they've barked only when appropriate but they live in our home and have a doggy door a yard and a family that loves them. Some dogs are just yappers and some people shouldn't have dogs.

Redman, Faust29, DangerDirtyD and 4 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    this has worked for 3/4 neighbors I have filed against. The 4th neighbor was drunk 90% of the time and didn’t give a sh!t.

https://www.ocpetinfo.com/services/barking

File a complaint. your neighbors will receive a nice visit from Animal Control.

https://www.ocpetinfo.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=71825

3. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    ??

5. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    I posted something related to barking dogs then decided to delete it. Since there's no delete, it got a never mind.

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    :thumbsup:

If you live in a condo, don’t leave your rat dog on the patio deck all day barking while you go to work.

the drunk neighbor we had acted as though it was our problem and not his, even though his 2 dogs barked 20hrs a day.

we grew up with dogs in our household...they weren’t allowed to act that way.

just my experiences.

7. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Calling in complaints can help. When I called about a neighbor, the PD phone person acknowledged that they had gotten many calls...we were apparently the last in the neighborhood to do so. The owners finally showed up, and at least for now the guy sleeping in his van is gone, and the garage isn’t filled with 50 year old potheads playing Galaga and pinball, and listening to 80’s hip hop and metal until 2 AM.

the yard is still a dump. It’s amazing how one house can make an otherwise family friendly middle class neighborhood feel ghetto.

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:

We were unincorporated Tustin and called the Sheriffs about barking dogs(drunk neighbor) and they said there wasn’t anything they could do...call animal control.

not sure how Orange PD would handle it....Animal Control only took 48 hrs to contact the owners. And the dogs stopped barking immediately.

Faust29, tick and DangerDirtyD like this.
  9. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    How dare dog owners let their dogs bark...like dogs do. Allowing their dog to speak aloud to other dogs in the area. That's just wrong and inconsiderate to the humans nearby. lol!
    We have two dogs, both are under 25lbs. They live inside most of the time, especially during the summer. Neither one is really a talker. But, if they hear another dog talking or some noises on the other side of the world (our block wall) they will both bark like no other. I tolerate it for a few minutes, let them be dogs and bark at whatever it is. After a few minutes, I tell them that they need to stop talking to their friends on the outside. If they don't stop barking within a few warnings, I tell them they have to go inside if they can't stop acting like a dog. Usually it works and they pipe down. If not, inside the house you go.
    I try to catch myself when they start barking, And, imagine how I would feel if someone was always telling me not to talk. So, I try to let them be dogs and bark away... for a few minutes.

OTHRider, Oaken, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  10. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Eat the damn dogs!

Faust29 likes this.
  11. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    I like the point of view. :laugh:

Faust29 and Redman like this.
  12. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Exactly. We own three dogs. They are allowed to bark when they are playing, or when someone comes to the door, and that's it.

Though I view my dogs as an extension of the family, they are also my property and I am responsible for their behavior. When a dog barks when you don't want them to, they are basically giving you the big middle finger and saying "I'm the boss here - I'll stop when I want to and not before." First step in teaching a dog not to bark is to teach it to bark. Then it learns it can bark when you say so... and not to bark when you tell them not to. The mean guard dogs I worked with in Germany were taught not to bark. That way they could sneak up on you and you'd be in a world of hurt if you were up to no good.

That said, it is up to local governments to pass / enforce dog-barking nuisance ordinances. Laguna Hills has them, and on the rare occasion I had a dog-barking problem, a printout of the dog-barking ordinance, delivered discretely with a polite handwritten note, was usually enough to nip it in the bud (pun intended).

Faust29, mtnbikej and Redman like this.
  13. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Comment on Strava today about an ebike ride....i thought it was....well...
    Screenshot_20200819-185006_Strava.jpg

14. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    WTF is an Mountain Bike???? We don't ride guitars...

Faust29, Danimal and -ROCKY- like this.
  15. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    On the other side of our complex, the house next door has a Husky. Anyone who knows anything about Huskies knows that they are quite vocal. This one barks repeatedly for periods in the morning and in the evening. The owners ignore the dog. We confronted the owner about it a few years back and her reply was "do whatever you want". We've had Animal Control over repeatedly and nothing is ever done. That dog also howls like a wolf at night when the moon is big. :facepalm:

Faust29, -ROCKY- and herzalot like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    The opposite of electric guitar is acoustic guitar, so...

The most common vernacular I've heard is "analog" bike - as opposed to what, digital bike?

How about we call it a "motor cycle" vs a pedal bicycle? And "twice the work for half the reward" is EXACTLY the problem. It's two different sports. Just like lift or shuttle-served DH mt biking vs riding up the hill under your own power.

17. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Reason #2 not to leave any dog on the patio all day is it will pee out there especially if the owner isn't taking it outside regularly. Pee drips down onto the shared driveway below, hopefully not when someone is walking below, and bakes. I can tell you, the disgusting smell does not go away when the dog stops barking. The neighbors get to enjoy it in the driveway, in the garage, and sometimes you can smell it inside when the windows are open. Recent complaint to the HOA manager seems to have stopped it for now.

Faust29, Danimal, BonsaiNut and 2 others like this.
  18. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Holy cow!! Have you guys seen how much BMXs are going for?? My bike has tripled in value since I bought it!!! :coffee:

19. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    -ROCKY-, Faust29, mike and 4 others like this.
  20. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    -ROCKY-, Faust29 and UPSed like this.
  21. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    fos'l, mtnbikej, -ROCKY- and 2 others like this.
  22. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nobody gave you a like for that... They all took the P-line! :D

fos'l, mtnbikej, -ROCKY- and 4 others like this.
  23. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I run 2.25s on my i35s. Perfect profile. I'm guessing i30 is for optimum performance.

fos'l, mtnbikej, mike and 2 others like this.
  24. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    They don't taste very good anyway. Why like it?

Maxwell, on the other hand...

fos'l, -ROCKY- and Faust29 like this.
  25. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Brand new or used? I was just texting with my friend in Houston who's looking for a 26" to cruise the 'hood on.

fos'l, mike, -ROCKY- and 1 other person like this.
  26. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    That explains why no one ever eats my chili at the company potlucks. My feelings are a little hurt, but I appreciate your checking in on me.

If you google "dog recipes," you'll get options to feed your dog gourmet food.

It's only fair...1 011.jpg

27. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    We called that "Saturday" in Florida... :D

And coincidentally... I can't remember the word, but in Puerto Rican Spanish the word for the extra crunchy pig skin is the same as the word for slut. My secretary always ordered me extra slut... Probably why I weighed 300 plus... :cautious:

DangerDirtyD, fos'l, buggravy and 3 others like this.
  28. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I would never waste that on a dog.

Oaken, DangerDirtyD, fos'l and 3 others like this.
  29. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:laugh:

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  30. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    I bought my bike brand new on clearance when Performance went under last year. Some of you know how much I ride, so yeah it's practically brand new :confused:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?