In Other News

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by -ROCKY-, Nov 26, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Cool I’ll have to look up the ‘70 body style! I like the 60’s shape

mike, Danmtchl and -ROCKY- like this.
  2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Awesome!

mike, Danmtchl, -ROCKY- and 2 others like this.
  3. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Live and learn. My hubby had a ‘64 1/2 Mustang that he let go of for nothing...he still talks about it

mike, Faust29, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.
  4. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Alright! We wouldn't be anywhere without fabricators! I love Land cruisers! My buddy has a 70s one with a small block Chevy in it, it's nuts!! I love WRXs, a bit too pricey for me now though. My sister's 67 is not a fastback, that's another one worth some coin if you can find them.:eek:

knucklebuster, mike, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  5. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Speaking of land cruzers I had one of those too. It was a 64 with Ca license plate “chevota”. Nice 327 and unbreakable running gear. Came home one night and my drunken neighbor buddy was performing a spray paint camo paint job. I wanted to shoot him but it quickly grew on me.

knucklebuster, mike, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.
  6. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Yeah, that Mustang is like gold, and it’s gorgeous!

knucklebuster, mike, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I had an ‘86 FJ60 LandCruiser. Inline 6 with a 4 speed manual with a 4,000rpm redline. I bought it with 37k miles. It had about 95hp, but I always averaged 18mpg driving it like a semi truck and never going over 55mph. The gearing was suuuuuuuper low. I traded it for my ‘04 Tacoma 2.4L 4-banger, and I cry a little everyday that I didn’t keep the LandCruiser. Oh well....at least I still have my little truck.

knucklebuster, mike, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  8. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol yeah. I have a 70 RS, and 72 Firebird. I'd trade them both for a 69 Camaro. (or 55 Bel Air) I have a friend who's thought about it. I'm going to try again and sweeten the deal with the Nova! :sneaky:

knucklebuster, mike, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  9. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Aw. I bet that thing went through or over anything.:(

10. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol sweet. My friends was camo. His went anywhere! It was stretched like 14" stroker SBC, 37s, pretty nuts.

mike, Danmtchl, hill^billy and 2 others like this.
  11. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Everything except the fieldstone and mortar wall I crashed into and bent the frame and tweaked the steering gearbox. Poor thing never drove straight after that.

knucklebuster, mike, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.
  12. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I used to be the same way with a focus on engine performance. Nothing internally changed, just "smog legal" headers, computer upgrades, and better air intakes. IMO, not much of an increase for the money spent. I never changed a thing on my current truck and never will on any vehicle I own afterward. Sadly, vehicles have basically become a means of getting from point A to point B to me. BUT, it's gotta have clean windows, shiny paint, and a clean interior! :laugh:

Danmtchl, Danimal, -ROCKY- and 7 others like this.
  13. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  14. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Bronco Johnny?

15. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Nope

16. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I wish (sort of) that I could say the same. I've always been a car guy, but over the last decade or so it's been more like a car guy trapped in a family man's life. Budget and functionality took precedent over fun, but with a little more freedom to play over the last several years I've fallen head first down the car mod rabbit hole. It can sometimes be maddening as mods, particularly suspension, can create their own set of problems to chase. But when you get it right it feels so good. Between work and personal I drive over 30K miles a year, so I have to make my vehicles an enjoyable place to be to tolerate all those miles.

17. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Can I play? Please, please? 7.5 Liters of fun. I used to push it out of the garage to start it, because it would shake the pictures off the walls inside. At 5,000 RPMs it's the scariest damn thing I've ever been in. That includes a Richard Petty stock car...

She would not meet the @DangerDirtyD seal of approval, though. As a 1971, she pre-dates pollution control. Headers and 3" pipes FTW!

Nowadays, I'd rather drive the VW or the Audi... I'll probably give this to the younger offspring, as it's coming up on its 50th birthday. Maybe an engine swap back to the original Rocket 350 first. Even that engine was a riot... Spun the tires at 100 mph on I-95 in South Carolina. :inlove: On second thought, maybe the kid needs a 6 cylinder for it. :laugh:

DSC01391_2.jpg

18. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    This is my buddy Rick's car. He is my main mtb ridding buddy and P-12 trail builder. He was on the imtb Wrightwood ride this past summer. If you have a few minutes have a look.

19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Holy flashback, faustie, I was 17 years old when I got my dad’s ‘70 442 off him. Bored with headers, fat rubber in back and factory 8-track. You know that didn’t end well!!!!!!!! 455+ ci of trouble :bang:

20. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Memories...

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately:p) I don't still have my first car - a 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix. 421 cid, horsepower to spare. That thing ran like a raped ape. :thumbsup:

This isn't it but is exactly what it looked like except for the spotlights.
    1966-pontiac-grand-prix.jpeg

OTHRider, CBone, Mikie and 10 others like this.
  21. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Awesome DDD, the 60 series were the last of the simple mechanicals LCs, and prices are skyrocketing. But the later 62s were so much better to drive with fuel injection and AT. Thing to do now is find an 80 series with reasonable miles and factory dif lockers, they're next on the crazy appreciation list, imo, if you can stand the 11-14 mpg.

22. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    That is one awesome 510, as is the 4door in the vid. I saw he also has an early Z, I've had a few of those, sold my last one, a series 1, a year or so ago, lost interest with the bodywork needs, but was pretty much stock mechanically and a hoot to drive. I've always been a car guy first, mostly foreign cars, bike guy second.

Is that maybe an older long travel specialized enduro hanging in Rick's garage, with the red-wall tires?

23. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky

Time for a LS conversion and updated suspension!?? :geek:

24. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    No pic?oh wait a minute, I see it in the comments section.
    I love that car, I fact wasn’t it, and the owner at Corey Mitchell’s memorial?

-ROCKY-, CBone and Cyclotourist like this.
  25. ~JB~

~JB~ Member

Name:
    Juan B Garcia
    Current Bike:
    2019 RFX
    As those who remember my Old call name. I'm also into the old cars.. owned a 71 240z (series 1 rust bucket in S. Texas) in high school but mom sold it for $10 after I joined the Navy. Perfectly rebuilt engine down the drain. Purchased a May 70 240z in 89.. currently working on rebuilding the engine .. My brother is into the 67-69 Camaro rebuilds them from the ground up.. (of course he's in Tx).. Like the 510.. money for the bike will have to wait working on Z now.. :cry:

UPSed, -ROCKY-, CBone and 3 others like this.
  26. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Gangstah:cool:

27. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Nice, May production is early and it'll be worth some good bucks when you get it done, if you ever want to sell. I had to have the head fixed on mine where the water jacket corroded through to the combustion chamber, 'cause the PO stored it 15 years with water in it, not antifreeze. I didn't know it until it let loose a white cloud of smoke out the back :bang:

mountaingirl sara and -ROCKY- like this.
  28. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Mine's a '93 w/198k miles in tip-top shape. I got it to replace my old '79 Intl Scout which was a brick s-house but a poorly built and engineered thang. Got me to a lot of out of the way breaks down Baja way for a lot of years though. The LC was like stepping into a Cadillac in comparison.

29. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Yes, he was.

mountaingirl sara and -ROCKY- like this.
  30. ~JB~

~JB~ Member

Name:
    Juan B Garcia
    Current Bike:
    2019 RFX
    Did a down to bare metal repaint , original engine rebuilt, urethane all around back in 94. Engine white smoke 10 years later.. replaced it with an 83 engine(SU carbs) then that one smoked.. I parked it in 2006 with electrical issues n smoking engine.. working on getting it back on the road now. But I did a bonehead move.. Had moved to a new house and the original engine was in the back of my 76 C10 and needed to move some items.. so I drove to the scrapyard and engine is gone..:bang::bang::poop::bang::bang::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?