imtbtrails Survey: How Do YOU Percieve imtbtrails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikie, May 30, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

?

Which best describes imtbtrails to You?

1. A mixed bag of mountainbikers that provides a wide range of ride opportunities and subjects

2. A hardcore group of mountain bikers that provides exclusively intense ride opportunities

3. This is everything I was looking for

4. I'm hoping for more

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    This is why I come here, I am one of three votes. I am always the minority opinion. I am a high tech trouble shooter so lets analyze Mikie's site
    The riders: yep all those OC dudes from that other site are now here. They ride Santiago Peak and associated trails, a smaller OC group rides Aliso and LCWP (is there really a difference except which side of the canyon)? And a smaller group at the Fully loop (They would be awesome at Valparaiso). There are a few valley guys (San Gab, San Fernando) a few more in Canyon Country, about three in Ventura County and UPS counts as two of them. And we have Mikie our southwest Kern County rep.
    We all have some wicked downhills in our area's: The Luge (Ride this solo at night, across from the Vulture Crags, that will make you keep on the trail), Mt Wilson, Hummingbird, McGee trail, GE.
    A lot do group rides abet small group rides
    Some are solo
    some are night riders
    some are solo night riders
    some ride anything, some ride only single trac, some like to ride only downhill
    Many go someplace on work or vacation and ride mtn bikes
    Most like Sedona and St George
    a few like Oregon
    A few like Kern around the river and the big Cannel downhill.
    most h8 out and backs

Me: I ride to climb and drop; all that horizontal stuff is just to get me to the climb. I only ride single track, I ride solo, the wheels do not stop except to HAB. I ride at night.
    Happy trails

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'm not the opposite, but close to it. I'll ride pavement, fire road, double track, singletrack, riverbed bike trail, DG, day-long climbs, anything to gain elevation, and even descents. But then, I'm not normal.

3. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    If it was just a smokescreen nobody let us know after the reveal ride! :confused: I would've gone anyway and I think I was the only one who did both the reveal ride and Skyline so the other guys got a little taste of the togetherness:cool:!

4. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Fair enough, but if you'll accept some friendly advice you may consider more accurate wording to avoid any misunderstandings. In the context of Mikie's comment of the site being "pigeon holed" I personally did not think about spammers and trolls.

5. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Uh forgetting someone.

6. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Then I’d better get to livin’!

7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    They can make fun of the Floop all they want, but it's for a city central ride it's actually pretty good. dirt and pavement.
    Gotta ride what's available!

8. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    @Mikie i was riding GE on the big day! Haha, I was getting pissed because on my decent you were all riding up:whistling:

9. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I was just going to say that! I recall you and a couple others passing, one with a scowl on their face..another all happy and smiles.
    We did comment to each other on it too. Haha.

10. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    :Roflmao:Roflmao Hopefully I wasn’t the scowl, but I was prob the first one you passed ...don’t hate me:oops:

11. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I’ll take this opportunity to apologize to anyone I was a brat to on Mikie’s big day.....
    Sorry guys:( theres no excuse for acting like that

12. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    You gals were friendly to me. Must be my charming smile. :D

13. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Phew! :laugh:

14. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I agree with you DD, very similar feelings I have. Like I mentioned in a previous post maybe the need for specific forums people can click on that suit their interests more (e.g. newbies, etc), not the interests of the most frequent posters.

15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I think most of us make fun of the Fullerton Loop (Fully Loop, FLOOP) because they themselves make fun of the FLOOP. I personally think the FLOOP is awesome, for them that ride it, as people are getting on mountain bike and riding them! All my jokings are totally in jest. I don’t think I would ever drive the distance to ride the FLOOP. But my bottom line is I respect the aspect that it brings a lot of people to the sport of mountain biking. Everybody has got to admit, the folks that ride it have a blast promoting it and making fun of it at the same time. Long live the FLOOP!

16. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I too am in Kern County

17. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Not contesting at all what you are suggesting. What would be the titles of some of these sub forums? The reason I ask as levels of rider levels are so subjective. For example, I constantly tell folks I am a hardcore rider but I’m really not, I don’t get hang time at bike parks, Redbull is hard to even watch and no way I’d do it myself, I can’t clean Hangover in Sedona., I have walked down some Double Black Diamonds, so maybe I’m not hardcore, just core, ha ha!

As far as type of rides I think the Trailhead forum does a good job of covering it all. Anyone can post a ride invite.From the FLOOP to dropping Sunset in the Gabe’s. I think the challenge there is people posting the milder rides are NOT posting them. I think the milder ride type people are not willing to travel for a 10 milder with 1200 feet of gain. So they don’t get posted and no one would show. Now that may be an answer in it self that we simply do not have enough folks on the site that are close enough to each other to warrant inclusive mild ride posting. MAN! I feel like Dr. Zavago with all this analytics stuff.

The one thing I DO think would make a good Forum to promote new members would be a MTB 101. A place where people new to mountain biking would not be intimidated by asking questions our experts here could honestly and sincerely respond to. That may bring some out of the lurking stage. This would be the one safe place a Newbie could ask questions without derailment and get some honest answers. I would lean very heavy on keeping that a straight up Forum.

Just some more thoughts...

18. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I'd love to have a group IMTB Floop takeover ride!

I went to CSUF and loved riding around in the hills on my road bike, never knowing there were dirt options there!

Herz needs to be there though.

19. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Lol! Everyone that was there commented about the MTB hotties that were riding down as we were riding up, ha ha! I think you were demo’ing a Hightower that day as well! We are all good Sistah! Always will be!

20. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I gotta agree with this. The rides that do get posted are generally bigger rides or destination rides. While some of us don’t mind driving to Wrightwood, Idyllwild, Big Bear on a regular basis to ride.....most will not. These are a lot of the Trailhead Invites that I see. I know that most of my weekend rides in the Santa Ana’s get an invite, but they are an acquire taste. However I also post up rides in Chino Hills and Quail/Laguna Coast.

The people that complain the most really need to post up more rides themselves....stop waiting for other people to do all the work, and you just show up. Stop standing on the sidelines....step into the middle and ask that girl to dance.

21. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Holy Sh!t! This guy pays attention. :cautious:

Seriously, though... I always enjoy your posts. Even if I am catalogued in a database somewhere on your hard drive. :p

22. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I love imtbtrails. :inlove:

23. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Mtb 101 is genius! I’ve been riding for s long time, but as a female I don’t know what the heck you guys are talking about most of the time:thumbsdown::Roflmao

24. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Me too :inlove:

Danmtchl, Maddog, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  25. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Lol!, that’s right I was:Roflmao:inlove:

herzalot, Danmtchl, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  26. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Braap please:cry:
    I lOVE running, but sure miss my girl today

DB37B741-D3A6-49FE-ADAD-25EBFAC72822.jpeg

27. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    You were? I didn't notice. :Roflmao:D;)

28. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    That's some good dirt there...

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  29. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    :pI’ll forgive you

30. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Right! Like a siren song!

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?