I'm back... ish

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by stevers, Jun 17, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Been more than a year since I've been riding regularly. When I'm not riding, I can't stand doing anything bike-related (forums, browsing jenson, etc). Work, newborn, and pandemic made for a perfect storm. Gained 25lbs, lost tons of muscle, and losing my g'dmn mind. Still working crazy hours, but starting to ride once a week or so.

In the last ~15 years, I've taken a few 6-12 month breaks from riding due to work. Every time I stop riding, my physical and mental health suffers. Hope y'alls been doing great. I'm back, back again.

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Dooood! If’n you ever wanna meet up for a graveyard shift ride on Saturday nights, I’m interested.

Cyclotourist, stevers, ~JB~ and 2 others like this.
  3. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Honestly, I need a few months to lose the weight. Even before, I was back of the pack, huffing and puffing and HAB through everything. Where do you night ride?

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Welcome back... It sucks being out of shape, but that will change quickly once you get out there and taste some dirt. :thumbsup:

5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    ;)Good on you to making the come-back. Those that leave can often use their bike as a clothes hangar. I find what helps me stay committed is my mountain bike community. Getting to the trailhead with Hooligans is the most important first step.

Welcome back-ish! ;)

6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Hey there @stevers - So stoked to hear that you are coming out into the light once again! Don't let your out-of-shapeness keep you from riding! As @Faust29 said, it will change quickly once you get the pedals turning. 3 mile rides become 5 mile rides. 200' of vertical becomes 800' within just a few rides. Get out there!

Cyclotourist, stevers, ~JB~ and 2 others like this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Stevers, this is great news. Congrats on your new person! And congrats in advance on making yourself the new person you used to be.

Keeping it together without riding or something like it is a losing game, friend. Borrowing time. It’s good you caught yourself before you become typical. Power to your comeback!

8. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Welcome back ish and congrats on the newborn.

9. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Keep at it!! Definitely challenging when kids come along. Make it somewhat of a routine to get out there, little by little!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?