Idyllwild Mtn. bike fest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sasquatch9billion, Sep 30, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
  2. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Is that a guy with boobs?

Sasquatch9billion and Mikie like this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hah hah! No... Pretty sure it's a women with very muscular legs.
    Looks to be a good time! Uhhh, I was referring to the event, but a naked chick riding a mountain bike does suggest other than boring.
    @Sasquatch9billion , thanks for posting this up brothah! :thumbsup:

4. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    thank you, my bad

Mikie likes this.
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Any good places to camp in Idyllwild? Edit-" Glam"

Sasquatch9billion and Mikie like this.
  6. kazindeep

kazindeep Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Norm
    there are several campgrounds in the area and some killer yellow post sites...contact Brendan at the Hub Cyclery for details hubcyclery.com to get contact info

please support Idyllwild mountain biking by registering for the event and come out and have a great time riding great trails with a local and demo a bike and then enjoy great food and craft beer

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Camping is legal everywhere in the National Forest in the Idy area unless there is signage prohibiting it. You don't need a "site" to camp, only to have a campfire. (Fires may be prohibited at times in Yellow Post and other CGs.) So, you can just wheel out into the dirt and bivy for free anywhere in areas like South Ridge, Black Mountain, San Jacinto Ridge TT (Pine Cove to Hemet), Art School, Garner Valley, Thomas Mountain, Santa Rosa Peak, yadayada. Sheesh, if yer stealthy you can even crash at Humber Park (beware late night partiers rolling through).

If you prefer a CG with hot showers, the County Park CG in Idy is your place. Bring quarters for the showers. It's on the west side of 243 about 1/4-1/2 mi back. (Not the State Campground, which is right on 243 just N of the ranger station.)

8. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Have ridden to the campgrounds, but not camped at Santa Rosa and Thomas Mountain; both primitive, but adequate. Nice ascents and views too. Saw two hikers the Saturday we went to Thomas and nobody on a Saturday at Santa Rosa. The Hub is an exemplary shop IMO.

9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Minor Thread derail(leur)ment....
    Bob... it's time you get an avatar. :)Don't make me pic one out for you. <-- see what I did there? "Pic" one out for you? ;)

StrandLeper, scan, mike and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?