I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Just so you know, that doesn't come close to my character. :thumbsup:

Mikie and doublewide like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    I noticed that the rear wheel (Crest) had a pretty good wobble, so I swapped it for the Arch from the full suspension bike. Add the Wolftooth, the newer cassette, set it up tubeless, and head out for a test ride!

18 miles around the local loop... No biggie, but the Arch seems to roll ok. :thumbsup: It's probably in my head, but it does feel a little heavier- maybe slower to spin up? It might just be that it's different, and I'm so used to the Crests... Or I'm mental. o_O

I had my 16 year old drive me to the Path to drop off the Crest to be trued... It was his first time driving in the canyon on his learners permit. Lord, Help me. :poop:

Cyclotourist, Oaken, BeckTrex and 5 others like this.
  3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, blue one, black one
    Cold ride to work this morning & damp ride home. Big knobs kick up more water than little ones. Still enjoyed it though.

4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I ride my bike last night.

Social ride up to Beeks/Doplar Ball. Not nearly as cold as we all expected. Even got hit with some heavy drizzle on the way down.....just enough to make the dust stick to everything.

Good times.

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
    The Lake Forest figure 8 with Danimal and N8Ag. Beautiful day, awesome conditions, great riding buddies. Stoke all around. Wahoos for lunch.

2400' of Whiting/Luge/Whiting is much easier than 2400' of Aliso. But those numbers aren't even a warm up for the IMTB climbing brigade.

Here's the STRAVA data: :sneaky::):):cool::geek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. BeckTrex

BeckTrex Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    2009 Giant Trance X3
    This mornings ride was a slow ride up Blackstar from the tree farm to Hagador peak and back. Slow is the only way I ride these days but I'm making progress. I went with my friend Jeff (he promised to sign up for IMTBtrails, soon), the last time I took him up Blackstar, it was cold, and windy and he hated it. Today the weather was perfect, the dirt was even better, and he loved it.
    23.2 miles - 3,451 feet

7. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Thoroughly disappointed with you guys... I started a half hour before you and you didn't catch me:sick:. But was a good day for a solo to clear the lingering chest/sinus/ear infection goop out, along with some other mental antagonists. Ran into buddy Lui and a bunch of his buds at the flag all full of giggly enthusiasm for going up to old camp. Not for me today. Happy for a cruise down the luge and back through Whiting and edison with few people sightings, but for one gaggle of hikers gawking at a herd of deer, or maybe the deer were gawking at themo_O. A good day on the bike to help stoke the stoke.

jaime, Grego, doublewide and 5 others like this.
  8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    GG Trail Pistol!
    We're slow, we're slower than you!

Good ride today, but damn...get out of shape quick with no week day rides!
    The HR2 tire on the rear is slow, really slow! Replaced a 3 week old tire today with a new faster tire from todays The Path tire sale. ( Or it's just me that's slow :rolleyes:o_O)
    So I now have a front tire on reserve Just in case...!

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
    Didja get the Ikon? The DHR-II, the Ardent or some other brand? Enquiring minds want to know!

10. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    On One Lurcher Single
    I rode my bike today with @mtnbikej ....enough said.

Grego, BeckTrex, mtnbikej and 5 others like this.
  11. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    GG Trail Pistol!
    Ikon.... Will try it tomorrow! My guess is it'll have less life as the knobs are smaller.

Runs with Scissors and Mikie like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
    Maybe the smaller knobs will wear slower. I'm riding over here tomorrow, intending to roll about 8. Join me if you dare.

Mikie likes this.
  13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Rode local again yesterday. 13.2 miles and 2349'. Cold and windy but had a great time. Maybe more today. :thumbsup:

14. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    I rode my bike today. I did a much more normal Aliso ride. Cholla to Lynx (PR), then Mathis to Meadows.

It was REALLY cold to start out, but once I turned up Wood Canyon it was tolerable. I decided to wear my armor as arm/leg warmers and I was regretting that decision for the first 15 minutes of the ride, heh.

15. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    I went for a ride this morning.

Fun ride this morning with my wife, H2O Chick and Greg. Started off at the bottom of Willow....ugh!!! Wasn't looking forward to it after yesterday's ride. However it actually wasn't that bad. Greg got a flat on Fenceline. Trailwork on Camarillo had us walking the really fun parts. Did a quick out and back over to NIX. Once back at the parking lot, the others were enjoying bloody mary's...so I head back up Willow to Bommer for some extra credit. Fun times.

14 miles / 2500' ascent

https://www.strava.com/activities/449754710

Screenshot (142).png Screenshot (143).png

16. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    Made it over the hill for a Ride Saturday. gotta say the views and trails in Aliso are pretty killer

12366295_10204991048835923_2758454345762915542_n.jpg

17. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, blue one, black one
    I had to pull domestic duty yesterday and it about killed me. Between a ride invite from Mikie that I had to decline on and then several awesome ride reports yesterday I was feeling kinda lost and left out. Woke up today ready to ride till I looked at the thermometer and it said 35°. Sat around and had a couple cups of coffee shooting the :poop: with the wife and waiting for it to warm up and when I saw 37° at 8:00 I was gone. Warmed up to mid 50's or so. Solo ride no plan and no destination just me and my bike and my iPod in one ear. Hit some trails and some blacktop and had a good time. Riding solo is nice once in a while but it's not much fun talking to yourself and singing karaoke. No pics cuz I didn't stop.
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 4.26.30 PM.png

18. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    Rode my bike today. Pulled a loaded Bob trailer with Mamasita. One more trail work session on Ken Burton trail.

image.jpg

19. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Glad you posted a pic. I wouldn't have believed it without it......Ha ha!

Luis, Mikie and bigringrider101 like this.
  20. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Waited around till 10:30 after the temperature warmed up, the standard Tapia loop which started solo until I ran into my buddy Luis P. Turns out I'm a talker so it's nice to have someone there to listen.

InstagramCapture_3d8a6492-f51d-4ea4-ace5-be991eb42293.jpg

InstagramCapture_8c1bb813-1c7f-4477-b16a-bd1a61a1d10b.jpg

WP_20151213_003.jpg

21. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    Check the 20 pnd sledge hammer on the right.

22. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Addict

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    image.jpg image.jpg Marshall Canyon solo from garage. 12.5 miles, 1,700' elevation. I made it back just as it started raining. Had a good time, albeit at a relatively slow pace. Feels good.

On a side note, do any of you ride, or know anyone who rides, the slopes from Sunset Ridge down to Marshall Canyon? Those chutes see Rampagey. These photos are of a water tank at the base of one such chute. I don't have most of what it takes to ride that, other than total interest. Can someone please take me..?image.jpg

Cyclotourist, BeckTrex, mike and 11 others like this.
  23. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Nonsense! You should hear the funny sh*t that goes through my head or I say outloud while I ride solo. And singing works like an Awareness Bell too!

Keep it up VD Tom. :D

LLPoolJ, Mikie, Voodoo Tom and 2 others like this.
  24. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    @Voodoo Tom

Riding solo ain't so bad.....you just get use to talking to yourself. Usually not a problem until you start referring to yourself in 3rd person with the other 2 voices in your head. Unfortunately one is always gonna feel left out.

I also don't recommend singing to I ones self.....I find I get the same 1 verse stuck in my head for hours....just sounds like a broken record.

DangerDirtyD, LLPoolJ, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  25. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Nothing wrong with going solo. My only issue is losing focus... I tend to daydream when I'm out too long. Usually the crashes bring me back pretty quick, though. :thumbsup:

DangerDirtyD, jaime, BeckTrex and 6 others like this.
  26. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    I hate when I tell myself jokes, I haven't heard yeto_O. It gets annoying!:mad:

27. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    What we didn't get a picture of was when we switched bikes for a 1/2 mile. Berni on my XL Enduro with the dropper post all the way down and me on the mamasita with the trailer and my long legs... Fun stuff :p

28. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Solo soul ride in the Angeles. Free candy parked next to me.

"Always took candy from strangers...."2015-12-14 14.11.52.jpg2015-12-14 14.12.15.jpg

29. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Thank you Berni, Mcg & me loved following you go up 7 miles & than at the end of the day go back down with the trailer it was the best part of the trail work day :) :) & with the extra sledge hammer ;) you rocked it .Thank you!

FB_IMG_1450062161432.jpg

20151213_100740.jpg

30. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    What a great trail work set up! Do the wood tool holders come with the trailer or did you make them?

Want to donate to imtbtrails?