I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Yep I rode. But not just one weekend day, both weekend days!!

Saturday, doublewide and I went and explored XTrails behind Intense Cycles and ends behind Wiens Brewery. :thumbsup:

Tight, twisty st pretty much all the way through. Fun fun fun ....

We hit Wiens where pints were going for $3 (Halloween special). We met a guy named Luke Wiens. He's an ex Pro XC. Was on STR as mtbluke. The conversation flowed and so did the beer. By dusk, I was history. Curled up on the couch, doublewide went and got me dinner and took care of the TrickOrTreaters. :inlove:

Sunday, we met rojomas, his friend Oscar and another DH racer for FB's, Kevin Harlow.

rojomas shall now be named "head rush". :laugh: After every regroup, he was about to pass out. They digged the 215 trails. Ran into another friend of mtbbiker, Gentry. He joined our group to hit Jump Line.

Trying to keep up w doublewide and hitting the kickers was the best. doublewide's back tire burped on a kicker where I got to see him roll up the g-out. :confused:

We said our goodbyes....

Those boys will be back and I will be there to show them the way.

Hallelujah......

MattB, hill^billy, herzalot and 13 others like this.
  2. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    For the record, I burped my tire in the berm BEFORE the step-down into the G-out and when I landed it i was a bit offline and ended going off the trail a bit, laying it down then proceeded to hit the step-up with my body! No harm no foul...

It was some fun riding with some good people.

3. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Carbon Intense Tracer 275
    Yep, that was a hell of a good time. We stopped off at Los Primos in Perris after the ride and the boys were totally stoked about that ride and that's not easy to do with Oscar, he hates everything. Sorry for my slow ass. Long work hours, lack of sleep and miles caught up with me.

Thanx again Ridinrox and Doublewide for working with our schedule and showing us strangers around. Great time with great people. I'm definitely coming back.

hill^billy, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  4. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    No worries man, I'm all about fun and busting a gut (laughing)!! Besides, I think we were all hurtin: Heat, Hell Ride, Hung Over, Hucking Lungs .... Yeah, good times!

You better hit me up if you guys hit these trails again. I gotta see Oscar's face when he rides Insidious. :p

5. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Heck, I'm more interested to see Kevin's face. When he's having fun, he gets a huge sh!t eating grin.

Hell, you guys need to show us X-Trails. Post ride brews are always good! :thumbsup:

Mikie and ridinrox like this.
  6. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    You got it!

Mikie and rojomas like this.
  7. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Went to Chantry Flats today with Tom D'Bomb and our buddies Adam and Jake to ride the hero dirt that was laid down last night. About 2 miles into the ride Adam went off the side of the trail, right after the ledge into a right hander on Upper Winter Creek trail. He probably went down the side about 15'-20' feet. We knew everything was okay due to the fact Adam was down there laughing and cracking up. We continued up to Mt. Zion and down to Camp Sturtevant where we encountered a few fallen trees. As we left Camp Sturtevant it started hailing on us. Thankfully the tree cover kept the hail from stinging us when it hit us. The rest of the way down as Tom the Bomb would put it was, "Balls baby, balls!" All in all, it was a good day.CAM00510.jpg CAM00513.jpg

8. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Just dirt, no hero...
    CAM00874.jpg

knucklebuster, Oaken, rojomas and 9 others like this.
  9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I rode yesterday....backed off a bit to help save my legs for 12hr on Saturday.

Typical loop through the Oaks and Weir Cyn. Got out early....1:30 so I had a good amount of daylight.

Trails were dry....dirt was dry....air was dry. Temps were cool. By 4:30 the temps got cold.....boooooo had to put the arm warmers on. Got home just after dark.

Park was pretty empty.

Is it March yet? I am over these short days. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :oops::oops::eek::eek::gag::gag:

33 miles/4400' ascent

Instagram Link

Instagram Link

Mikie, rojomas, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  10. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Rode with the Sycamore Slackers on their weekly Wed. ride. Under the lights, my legs felt tired but pushed through. We clocked 13/1000. Fun as usual.

ridinrox, Mikie, rojomas and 4 others like this.
  11. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Finally. Only had time for the FLoop with the Panorama extra credit, though: 15.4 miles and 1,400 feet, just under 1.5 hrs.. Hoping to have time for a bigger ride this weekend.

ridinrox, Grego, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  12. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    I rode my bike 3 times in the last 2 days! One 2 miler yesterday morning when I discovered that the shifting was out of whack, so I returned to the garage. Ride #2 was a quick test to make sure everything was working and felt good... But I was out of time to go for a real ride. :thumbsdown:
    Ride #3 was a quick spin today just to stretch the legs, and make sure everything seemed in order on the old El Mar. :thumbsup: We are good to go for Temecula! Well, at least the bike should be good to go. The engine may need an overhaul.

I was disappointed to find that a little chunky downhill had been completely sanitized. For those who ride the Tijeras Creek Trail, you're probably familiar with the little downhill section near the Pavilions plaza- Traveling north. It was the first spot I went OTB when I started riding again... Sniff, sniff. It was chunky with roots and rocks, and a couple little miniature step-downs. It's been flattened to the point that I could probably clear it going up. Boo..... No bueno. :thumbsdown:

IMG_5444.jpg

ridinrox, Grego, Mikie and 10 others like this.
  13. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Okay guys, when they come back: George, you take out his knee. John, you send him OTB. Julio, find a large rock. Everyone mill about smartly - here they come!!:)

This is what they're thinking when we leave them alone.

Faust29, Mikie, rojomas and 3 others like this.
  14. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Canfield The One '12
    Feeling kinda bummed that I just didn't have enough time to join the Bell Ridge ride with Mike, Cougar and the boys, set out on a close-to-home meandering ride. Ended up with route changes on the fly due to a trail running event in O'Neil that I didn't know about and had to avoid so did Arroyo (from La Paz/Olympiad), Live Oak, Vista, LO backside to El Toro, Santiago Truck Trail and Luge and back. ~22 miles, 3200 elev, 3 hours moving time (my butt hurts). Beautiful day to be out there :thumbsup:

Only thing out of the ordinary, Toro sighting on the dirt track next to El Toro road. Don't think they appreciated me BSing with them.
    IMAG1283.jpg
    IMAG1284.jpg

rojomas, ridinrox, pperrelle and 9 others like this.
  15. MattB

MattB Member

Name:
    Matt B
    Took a friend for his first Luge ride this morning. Weather was perfect, a little chilly in the morning, but it warmed up without getting too hot. The views were amazing, too ... we could clearly see Catalina and San Clemente islands, and all the way up the coast. Did a nice loop through Whiting and Luge ... we'll save Old Camp for another ride.

rojomas, ridinrox, pperrelle and 10 others like this.
  16. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Damn fine ride today. On my CX bike, but enough dirt on my wheels to let me post here! 37 miles total. Perfect weather. Rode a lot of Strada Rossa and upcoming Strada Sterrata courses. Goathead encounter, but Stan's in my tubes got me home!

22439054597_403ba1a79d_z.jpg

22831421146_36d322e888_c.jpg

22439055427_365ebbcb35_c.jpg

rojomas, ridinrox, pperrelle and 9 others like this.
  17. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Guys, I am so JACKED right now! I rode my bike today, and so did mi esposa! Took Cathy to Tapia for her first time evah. That girl did amazing. Had not seen her ride like that since the 90's.
    She climbed well, she descended well.

We were coming down Kona and I was more worried for her apparently then she was worried for her...
    I got to one section and I was kinda squinting my eyes and thinking, "Please get through this section safely, please get through this section safely." Then I heard this voice right on my azz that said, "Could you please go faster?" I about teared up!

We did two full lapse and then headed out Charlie's Canyon. 20.1 Miles with 2,108 feet of climbing. Oh, she's tired, but she is already talking about when are we going back. Who is she and what did she do with my wife...?

We had an imtbtrails MTBHotRod and Company sighting as we were heading up Charlie's Canyon.

I took Her wherever she wanted to go for lunch afterwards (my treat). She chose Rubios...one of my fav's.

This is Cathy's STRAVA.
    upload_2015-11-7_17-27-25.png

Cathy rocked!
    IMAG00252.jpg

18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I can hear the stoke in your voice. AWESOME!! I'll match her thumbs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and add one of my own :thumbsup:

pperrelle and Mikie like this.
  19. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Addict

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    After A long work week I was hoping Jennifer might just want to do an early road spin. We got up this morning and she wasn't feeling well so I decided to take up my buddy Dennis's offer to ride Wildwood. We started with the Western Plateau and climbed the fire road to Gnome Trail. It starts with a relatively easy climb with several rounded and banked switchbacks. At our usual regroup spot we were taking in the views and noticed some new trail had been cut in. We went back and checked it out. It was just a short out and back and is a little loose right now but should be great once bedded in. Once back to Gnome Trail we descended that back to the fire road. The rest was the usual single track, double track and fire road ride. Always fun to ride at Wildwood.20151107_093215.jpg 20151107_091612-1-1-1.jpg 20151107_093756-1.jpg Screenshot_2015-11-07-17-55-23-1.png

Cisco Roots, Luis, rojomas and 14 others like this.
  20. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, blue one, black one
    One of the best ride reports ever :thumbsup:...
    I've gotta get my lady a trail worthy bike or wait maybe get myself that new Pivot and she can roll on my Kona that's it...

ridinrox, Faust29, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I rode again today!!! Again my beach cruiser, and again 4 miles with about 100' of climbing on dirt trail, paved bike path and abandoned road. Which means again I rode my 6'6" Channel Islands Black Flag Whip. Great fun and great exercise.

I may actually ride a - what do you call it? Mountain bicycle? tomorrow.

22. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude

Did the same ride this morning, and it was perfect weather and great views!

Might have seen you, what were you riding? I was on a Rocky mountain and my riding buddy was on a Pivot.

rojomas, BeckTrex, pperrelle and 2 others like this.
  23. Grego

Grego iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Had the pleasure to ride with my old buddies JSD, Von Petrol, and some new friends. Started at Laguna Lake up to and around Powder Cyn. Explored new dirt around the Canyon then followed the power lines over to Turnbull. Rode Cow and A-line. Stopped for lunch then city streets back to the lake. More miles and gain than I've done in a while. What really made it fun was the chill pace we took. No breakdowns or crashes just good times and laughs were had. Hope to do this again soon.
    TurnbullPowder2.png

TurnbullPowder3.png

24. MattB

MattB Member

Name:
    Matt B
    I remember a couple of guys rolling up to the flag just before we started down the Luge, but I don't remember the bikes ... might have been you guys. I was in a Path jersey riding a Tallboy LTc, and my buddy was in a blue jersey on a black Giant Trance Advanced. There was another guy there on an Intense who was also there for the first time and was riding it solo. We talked to him a bit at the bottom, too and it was cool to hear two first timers so stoked on the trail.

Also saw a big group of kids (to me anyway) with birthday hats on top of their helmets. They dropped into the Luge just before us, and all jumped the gap at the beginning of the trail ... well, except one who fell riding down off the flag hill.

This was us
    12219628_10208196971308090_4782344823752470398_n.jpg

pperrelle, Faust29, Cougar and 7 others like this.
  25. BeckTrex

BeckTrex Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    2009 Giant Trance X3
    Another Saturday another ride into Chino Hills State Park. Strava credits me with 27 miles, 3,179 feet. Getting close to my old mileage and climbing but it takes me much longer and with more stops. First ride with my riding buddy (Jeff) since I started back, that probably helped up the effort beyond what I would have done on my own. It also distracted me so much that neither of us noticed that I was only wearing my Halo skull cap and no helmet until we were three and a half miles into the ride (oops). In the name of safety we rode back to get the helmet and then decided to take a different route back into the park and did a bit of exploring. Fun day, but I’m probably going to pay for pushing it so hard so soon for the rest of the week (worth it!).

ridinrox, pperrelle, Oaken and 10 others like this.
  26. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    @BeckTrex
    Good on you Mark for going back for the helmet Bud! Totally worth it. Glad you got the itch to get out and get-r-done.
    I know the feeling of frustration from physical restraints, just take it easy and make sure sure you ride with a buddy like you did. It keeps you even keeled, helps to motivate even more, and besides, riding together makes mountain biking the awesome social sport it is!
    Way to go Mark!!!

27. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude
    Saw a birthday hat on the trail but no group of kids riding. You must have been in front of us, maybe see you next time.

MattB likes this.
  28. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Is it me, or is everyone putting up some really cool rides lately? And, they all seem to be getting longer... :thumbsup:

Well... except for that one guy who keeps posting beach cruiser road rides. :whistling:

29. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Our job here is done....they have all been assimilated into the collective.

30. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    Did a quick Aliso Wood run this morning. Early start to beat the crowds. It was freakin cold! My garmin showed 32 degrees going through the shady canyon. My ears were frozen. Good ride. Rode down Lynx for the first time ever, I've always just passed it up to get to Rock it or up to Meadows. Since I was solo, I decided to try it out then climb back up Cholla to get to Rock-it. Fun trail. On the way back to the car, two deer jumped out from a group of trees and ran across the trail about 20 feet in front of me. It was pretty cool. By the time I could grab my phone, they were already a ways away, but here is a pic nonetheless. You can kind of see them next to the big bush in the middle of the pic.

IMG_1201-M.jpg

Aliso%20Wood%2011-8-15-M.jpg