I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Ok... I wasn't going to mention this part, but it's on her blog, so it's already out on the ether tubes. Going down Chutes in the Oaks, I'm pretty slow. I've only ridden it a few times and don't know it well. I probably wouldn't haul ass even if I did know it well... Larissa passed me howling like a banshee yesterday... It may as well have been pavement with how fast she was going. And she's pregnant.

I may be the only IMTBer to get chicked by a pregnant lady on a DH. :D:p:eek::laugh:

Tom the Bomb, Redman, Grego and 12 others like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    @mountaingirl sara you should start a thread called You Got Chicked!

Best started by a Chick! :thumbsup:

3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    :laugh::Roflmaoo_O:facepalm:

4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    GG Trail Pistol!
    She mentioned that she chicked you on her blog? Wow, you must have left an impression! :thumbsup:

5. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    D'oh! I should have worded better... The pregnant part is on her blog. But she does write frequently about the slow guys she passes in races...

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Yeah, yesterday was helping out at the Non Dot Grand FUNdo.

I was assigned sweeping the 50k ride. This meant I had to start the sweep at 12:00 from Irvine Park.

Rounded up the team for an extra credit loop before my sweeping duties....because, 1 loop(sweep) wasn't going to be enough.

@Faust29 and I rolled from my house....got a text from @horsebikerider that she got a flat, so we had to detour on the way over to perform roadside assistance. Back valve stem meant had to tube it. :mad:

Met the rest of the guys at the venue and we rolled. Good social pace. Up Chutes Trail, up Barham Ridge, down Deer. While climbing up the last part of Deer, I got something wrapped up in my front spokes...thought it was some of the freshly cut mustard stalks....nope, snake. 3 or 4 go arounds and it freed itself and slithered off.

Out into Weir Canyon we did the loop CCW with a run down Cliffhanger. The Professor's first time.

By the time we climbed out of Weir Canyon back to Barham Ridge, it was nearing 12:00 so I had to get back to the venue for the sweep. @cajun and the Professor were only in for the short ride version while Steve was in for the long haul. We parted ways. We headed down Barham and Chutes to make it back to sweep at 12:00.

Started the sweep and it was already warm/hot. We also heard that we were a long way behind the last rider. So we trudged along. We were already about 22 miles/2500' when we headed out. The climb up Chutes felt slow...I was feeling it. No stops, we just kept rolling. By the time we reached the Aid Station in Weir Canyon, they were driving away...hmmm, glad I wan't relying on them to fill my bottles. We did eventually find one last rider...someone that got turned around in Weir and was a long way behind. We convinced him that heading back was probably the smart thing to do....eventually he agreed.

Had a few tacos at the venue. Shot the Sh!t with some old friends, then still had to pedal home. It was hot....we had a headwind....my belly was full.

Not the death march I had routed out...not even close. Still a fun day on the bike.

36 / 4900'

Stkx66, Fueledbyex8, Redman and 16 others like this.
  7. Derkderkall

Derkderkall Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2012 Rockhopper 29
    I got ultimate chicked on the first and only race event I've been in. Was a 4 hour endurance race at my home town trails. The goal was to see how many laps. I was still pretty new to the sport. Let me tell you, nothing resets your ego like having a 13 year old girl fly by you on a tricky section.

Stkx66, -ROCKY-, ricke24 and 9 others like this.
  8. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    That is a very nice ride... :thumbsup:

9. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Local park run today. Lots of walkers, not sure why my photos aren't uploading.. :gotnothing:

Fueledbyex8, Faust29, ricke24 and 3 others like this.
  10. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Morning at Crafton with the kiddos. I wasn't feeling it at all, but I pulled off a few PRs. Who knew! We went out to the wash trails, which I always love riding. Good 17 miles of fun!

https://www.strava.com/activities/2273012878

32616678797_0b876f6440_b.jpg

Fueledbyex8, Redman, Faust29 and 14 others like this.
  11. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Is that pic of the ST on the north side of the 38??

12. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky

Alright Cyclo!!! I haven't been able to figure out PRs, will you enlighten me?? :D

13. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    PR=Personal Record.

14. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    This is "Windmill" trail going down off of Crafton. It is straight east off of Crafton fire road. .38 Special heads north to the trails.

It's your digital coach on Strava, telling you how fast you've gone based on previously tries. It'll let you know if you got a personal best, second fastest, or third fastest. It also compares you to every other Strava user, but I try to not obsess on that tooooo much!

15. Derkderkall

Derkderkall Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2012 Rockhopper 29
    Monroe all the way to the gate.

This might be a record for me, 3 rides in 3 days.
    Granted, Saturday was the bike path in Duarte with the kiddo carrier...

Fueledbyex8, -ROCKY-, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  16. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Member

Name:
    Sam

So what did the Deity tell you?

17. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    Greer great yesterday... 22 miles n 3300feet.. did not think u could get so much elev n miles but we kept doing the runs twice bc so much fun...

Fueledbyex8, -ROCKY-, Faust29 and 8 others like this.
  18. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Addict

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Not until I’m actually back on my MTB:thumbsup: Hoping I can get my mojo back :thumbsdown:

19. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Addict

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Oh dang, that’s sketchy

20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I got lapped by Juliana Furtado in one of the only two XC races I ever entered. No shame in that!

21. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I too have had the pleasure of being passed by Juliana.

Race promoters would sometimes lump the Pro women's field in with the expert men, due to the small number of Pro women at that time. Their races were usually shorter so they kept up a viscious pace! Man they could climb! But we could catch them on the downhills. On the flats it was a pace line...

22. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Sunday Spin w/ @horsebikerider

Lady's choice and she wanted to take the SS to Blackstar. Late afternoon start and the canyon was still packed.

Warm 86* at the start....wasn't so bad when the breeze was blowing up higher. Legs were feeling it...Suz was killing it.

Really really buggy on the way down....

IMG_7941.JPG IMG_7942.JPG IMG_7940.JPG IMG_7939.JPG

Stkx66, Fueledbyex8, Redman and 16 others like this.
  23. ricke24

ricke24 Member

Name:
    RickE
    Current Bike:
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010C
    Went to Aliso today with my buddy Bobby, Rafael, Cameron, and Bobby’s roadie buddy Jansen. We rode up Cholla, then down Lynx, back up Cholla and then down Rockit, then up to Matthis to top of the world and then down to Meadows. I think I enjoyed these trails better around this time since my new dropper actually works

3AB7DE91-D13E-4C25-8464-6FC350FA5E44.jpeg

6D8A9819-9AA3-421E-8434-9F7BDFF851AB.jpeg

55DCC226-7FE6-4D73-B3E7-6C6447FF93AF.jpeg

9BCC8714-8954-4E98-B6C3-5776E8614183.jpeg

7A137A1D-10B6-4B55-9533-7A84EE30BDEA.jpeg

24. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    -ROCKY-, Faust29 and Tom the Bomb like this.
  25. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Faust29, Cyclotourist and -ROCKY- like this.
  26. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Yesterday another local spin from home. Jennifer didn't feel like another big ride so she met me over at the Chumash trailhead. I hit few trails on the way over. Easy peasy fire road climb then Chumash. Jennifer wasn't feeling 100% confident so she turned back and headed back down the fire road. I ended up doing Chumash by myself. I can't believe how rusty I am. I'm guessing too many XC miles! I made it down okay but it seems I was all over the place on the technical sections. I'm thinking after Rwanda I will start doing a little more trail riding. It was a lot of fun.

IMG_20190407_145318_251.jpg

CBone, Grego, Fueledbyex8 and 9 others like this.
  27. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5
    I rode my bike on Saturday & Sunday. Saturday was a much longer ride at 19 miles. BUT, Sunday was super special as I got my 11 yr old back out on the trail. It’s been well over 6 months, so I was grinning from ear to ear. We just did a casual stroll up Whiting Ranch and back to the lot for some Wahoos! My boy did great for not riding for so long. He has the skill and strength, but lacks the confidence. Hoping we can fix that with more frequent rides.
    Saturday I rode at LCWP. Starting from ridge park I did two laps of lizards, Laurel, Camarillo, stagecoach, willow, bommer, missing link, Fenceline. Lots of hikers out even though I started at 1030 am. I PR’d the second half of lizards on my first run. But, I was certain my second run felt faster. Strange how that works. Walked a few sections of willow on my 2nd lap. Came across several groups of what I call “racers”. Lycra wearing hardtail riders/RACERS that are out to claim some KOM’s. Always entertaining to see their elite coolness speed by in a flash! Never the less it’s always a great day when I get to ride my bike.

Here’s a pic of my Redboy from yesterday’s glorious ride!

Stkx66, Grego, Fueledbyex8 and 12 others like this.
  28. buggravy

buggravy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol
    Love this post. When I was riding on Saturday I got passed by a girl about the age of mine (9) out with her dad. They were coming down the fire road that I was going up, and as she passed she called out to me "great job". I say great job, Dad. Awesome to see a kid out there not only riding, but getting into the spirit of it. That really stoked me out. Hope to get mine out there sooner than later, but think I'll give it another year of bike paths first. Anyway, @Redman, great job, Dad!

29. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5

Thank you! I really wish he could be with me on every ride! Strategic planning on my part will play a big role in that. Currently in the market to upgrade him from a 24" wheeled bike to hopefully a 27.5. The search goes on!!!!

30. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    A very nice phone was left at 4 corners today.. 1030 or so. I tried to contact the owners friends but could not open up the phone.. i wasnt sure if i should leave it or take it n try to find owner.. passed two women on harding ..they were coming down.. me up..thought maybe theyre phone? Not sure if i did the right thing by leavin it there.. battery still good so..
    If u know anyone w missing phone at 4 corners harding maples... its still there ...

Want to donate to imtbtrails?