I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    Glad to see ya finally got out

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Serious Rule 49 violation. :facepalm:

3. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    6 days in a row now. Just a leisurely FLoop today, or so I thought. Got there, unloaded the bike, and realized I forgot my water bottle. Thought about it for 2 seconds or so and said f*** it, rode anyway. Ended up with a Super Loop PR. o_O

strava7291203182502671101.jpg

I may have to ride tomorrow just because a huge weekly number is within reach. :thumbsup:

4. SingleTrackJB

SingleTrackJB Member

Name:
    SingleTrackRider
    Thursday evening Aliso Woods ride. The fireroads got flattened out and the single tracks are in great shape. PR on a smooth Mathis
    Today tried Chino Hills Park. Ok i rarely go there, so it was fun to do something different, but I’d give it a pass now. The trails are completely overgrown, especially coming down Telegraph into the base camp was a bushwhacking fest :gag:
    Always good to be out though :thumbsup:

5. ricke24

ricke24 Member

Name:
    RickE
    Current Bike:
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010C
    I got a last minute invitation at 7:20am to join my buddy Alex at Turnbull Canyon at 8 am. I was going to just be lazy and sleep in today and ride locally in the afternoon since the wife works tonight. Nice cool gloomy day and then the sun started to come out. Another beautiful day to ride!

37154183-ED36-4662-8E2B-F5A723CBF20D.jpeg

ADF28A1C-313B-47CB-BE75-353950458C69.jpeg

E74FB4C3-BFFE-4CBC-892A-092D8FD02309.jpeg

F0CA27B8-5EE7-4A0C-9649-2827508886D3.jpeg

89BC8880-DC54-489A-B2E0-5777A90EBD27.jpeg

C31A5770-5AD4-4C4A-8075-C461B1C19D07.jpeg

Redman, Grego, Sassyquatch and 15 others like this.
  6. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
  7. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    I've only been to Turnbull once, right when I started riding. It killed me. I need to go back. :thumbsup:

ricke24, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  8. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Member

Name:
    Sam

That looks delicious...I’d take it with an Impossible Burger!

9. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Member

Name:
    Sam
    Just got back a couple weeks ago from a work conference in Whistler...four days and lucked out that Squamish was just starting to melt out enough to ride. Got in four awesome days riding there! Rupert and Leave of Absence are up there in my list now....

Got a few bike commutes and Hulda Crooks runs in before work, also a partial snowy Exploration/Skypark run last weekend.

Snuck out with Smashy for a quick 75 minutes at Greer today...had been planning on a bit longer but Three of Four (Gen X TV reference) asked me to be around for breakfast, and I can’t say no to her! Overdrive, Mouse, Distortion, and TMB FTW, and back to house by 8:50 AM.

Gotta say, I keep expecting to be let down by riding down here after getting the goods up BC way, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised! We got it pretty good down here, all told....

Redman, Grego, ricke24 and 14 others like this.
  10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    I asked three passers by for a truing stand, and none of them had one. :( We had to do it. :cautious:

PS Rule 100 - quoting or referring to the Velominati Rules is for posers. :whistling: Kind of like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

11. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Ahhh, but I didn't quote the rule. Just noted the number. :x3:

Redman, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  12. buggravy

buggravy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol
    Another fun one today. We were supposed to be at June Mountain for closing weekend, but the rugrat really didn't want to miss her dance class, and we're going to Mammoth for a week the following week. This was a nice consolation prize. Las Virgenes, Ridge Connector, Palo Camado, Sheep Corral, back to Las Virgenes. First time I've ridden the full length of Sheep Corral. That one is officially my jam. First and only other time I rode the lower section was my first ride back after surgery, and between being timid of reinjury and getting my legs back under me I walked a couple of the more technical sections of the descent. No HABs or ejections there, or anywhere else today, and only one pause to suck wind, and one for an obligatory pic. Really feeling like things are starting to click, and it's fun getting addicted to the feeling of progress in another endeavor. 13 even, 2971.

IMG_5195.jpg

Redman, ricke24, Danimal and 14 others like this.
  13. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Member

Name:
    Sam

SACRILICIOIS!!!!

14. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    That stuff out there looks like a lot of fun. Someday I need to make the drive. :thumbsup:

15. buggravy

buggravy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol
    Nestled amongst all the the fire roads, there are some gems for sure. Come on out!

16. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Revisiting Strawberry, I believe last time I rode through these trails is when @Cisco Roots organized a ride that I attended right before he took of to Washington!

Well today I was back, me and the Sasquatch! met up at Switzers. Since Strawberry reopened after the fires I have not seen this trail in such great shape like I did today. Thank you to all whom have put in their hard work into this trail and the Gabrielino was good as well. I had such fun riding today w/ Trinidad on this loop it was smiles for miles :):D

20190406_171058.jpg

Tom the Bomb, Grego, ricke24 and 19 others like this.
  17. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Wonderful cruise with Jennifer this morning. Easy pace and a few short breaks. We did Albertson, China Flats and Hidden Treasure. With her new lung power it's just a matter of her getting back into shape. All she wants to do is ride and she's really enjoying her Mojo. What a great day.
    IMG_20190406_132644_000.jpg IMG_20190406_132643_995.jpg IMG_20190406_132643_998.jpg IMG_20190406_132643_996.jpg
    20190406_121757.jpg IMG_20190406_132457_314.jpg

We also had a @Luis and David sighting.

imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

Tom the Bomb, Redman, Grego and 21 others like this.
  18. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    Did the SDMBA Archipelago ride today and had a good time. The ride connects several of North County’s riding areas. Surprisingly, it was only about 5% pavement with all of the connectors. Lots of riders signed up but the trails were mostly wide open since everyone spread out. 42 miles/5,446 feet. I pretty much only stopped at the aid stations so unfortunately didn’t take many pictures. Ran into a couple of members, @Big Clyde and “Coz”(not sure on the spelling).

B2D2C85D-0B3A-459D-B52F-B16ED23AAD3B.jpeg

Tom the Bomb, Grego, ricke24 and 15 others like this.
  19. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Up, down, around and all over at the Oaks and Weir... :thumbsup: We started with a foursome- @mtnbikej , @cajun , @TheProfessor, and me. After the first lap, Cajun and the Professor suddenly remembered that the cats were at home waiting for their perms. What are the odds that two different households had cats waiting for a styling treatment?!?! :cautious: :D

Going down Chutes on the first lap, I was passed by a war-whooping ass-hauling young lady... Turns out it was Larissa and she went by me like I was standing still. Damn, she's fast... :eek:

Anyway... @mtnbikej and I continued on and checked on the tail end of the Non-Dot Granfundo 50km riders... We spent quite a bit of time with the caboose, who was having a hard time finding his way out of Weir. We misplaced him for a bit, but he managed to find the finish. :thumbsup:

Ended up having some tacos at the finish... :inlove:

36/5000 at the Oaks is pretty taxing... :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.05.04 PM.jpg

Tom the Bomb, Redman, Grego and 17 others like this.
  20. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Addict

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Finally, geez Herz!;)
    I’m next, send me those flying pigs would ya!?

21. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Addict

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Go Jennifer! Hey @Mikie I predict were gonna need an “I’ve been chicked thread” very soon :thumbsup::whistling:

22. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Pffft. Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt. More than once. :cool:

There are people slower than me (not very many) and there are people faster than me. Doesn't matter if they're female or not. :whistling:

23. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Wait, what??? You GOT Chicked, or you WERE the Chick? :whistling:

I got Chicked a couple of times but the one that hurt the most was several years ago on the very last climb on day one at Koko. You have to climb up to camp on this brutally steep four wheel drive road for about a mile and this Chick just Bahhhlew by me. Yes, it made for some nice Lycra viewing but DANG!Ego destroyed as I consider myself a pretty good climber in those steep technical conditions. :unsure::( I got CHICKED!

24. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Where's the snow???

25. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS
  26. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Jennifer "chicked" me three times on the day we met. I laughed each time thinking I have to meet this chick. The rest as they say is history. :inlove:

27. kingaucho

kingaucho Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    I’ve been wanting to ride up to Santiago Peak from home and finally did it. Weather was pretty good for a long day on the bike, too! Stoked to get an 8 hour hall pass.

D37ED232-3179-462A-A515-AD6536733E52.png

28. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    That's a heck yeah ride no matter what!!

29. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Not too shabby a ride there!

30. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike: