I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, blue one, black one
    MTB commuting for me too. Needed headlight both ways.

2. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    Went for an after work soul ride and ran into @mtnbikej As we were 40 miles into our 85 mile ride (check my Strava) we saw a OCFA Heli land on the the top of Deer. A rider had crashed down the trail at the junction of Weir and, according to a hiker, compound fractured his ankle. OUCHIE!!
    20151020_170055 (1).jpg

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    As you can see above....I rode the Oaks. Nearly got dusted out a few times by the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.....er @doublewide on the way down Yucca. You should have seen his Strava times....killing it on the climbs, even after all those miles.

Anyway....sucks another rider got a chopper lift out. Didn't recognize him. We were stuck at the top of Coachwhip for a bit....the down rider was up Barham Ridge, and he chopper was at the top of Deer. So was delayed 20 mins or so. Since it put me behind schedule....had to push to get my miles in. Got stuck out after dark...oh well.

Screenshot (81).png Screenshot (82).png

4. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    Great-Pumpkin_Welcome.png

herzalot, ridinrox, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  5. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    Strawberry peak again. Fun, fun, fun.
    Luis, El Presidente, Pete and Ross was out there too but so far back that he didn't event make it into my pic.

image.jpg

image.jpg

rojomas, Oaken, BeckTrex and 16 others like this.
  6. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    4 guys on Specialized mtb ' s and one one weirdo on a weird bike!

hill^billy, Faust29, UPSed and 6 others like this.
  7. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    That's right. El Mari was teaching a Special Ed class, four attendees. They did good but at least one more session is mandatory, to graduate on Trail Riding 101.

hill^billy, Faust29, ridinrox and 3 others like this.
  8. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    The instructor sucks! Can't speak English, makes you buy his textbook, and he is too eager to apply the chamois cream! Even when you're riding!!!!

9. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    GG Trail Pistol!
    Quick whiting loop late today, came in too hot to a corner and went down. Pretty good scrape on the elbow/forearm...teach me not to wear my arm guards. Had they been on all that would have happened is a little ego deflation.
    Otherwise a good ride.

Mickie, do you have at twin? if not it was your doppleganger. After a downhill run N8 turns to me and says " Was that Mikie Watson?". My reply was,
    " Dude, I thought the same thing and was going to ask you!".
    Mikie, good seeing you on the trail! :)

( Getting out of work early for a ride is a major hassle! Phone still rings..ggrrr)

10. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Uhhmmmm. No? So, I assume he was EXCEPTIONALLY good looking. I should be posting in the "I suck and never ride my bike anymore" Forum...
    image.jpeg

Postal Pat, Oaken, mike and 9 others like this.
  11. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    GG Trail Pistol!
    As I said, twin or doppleganger it is!
    Heal fast!

Mikie likes this.
  12. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Looks like you still have dirt in your toenails from your last ride. o_O

Clean those piggies!! :gag:

UPSed and Mikie like this.
  13. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Took my singlespeed out again. This time I hit the 215 trails - what a GREAT ride!!

I don't know what it is, maybe I'm more comfortable on my bikes since riding weekly at Snow Summit, but I feel so fast and loose now.

This was my after ride treat, compliments from my sister wishing me a Happy Bday ...
    IMG_20151021_181427514.jpg

Oaken, knucklebuster, jaime and 11 others like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    A good laxative? ;):eek:

UPSed, Mikie and Faust29 like this.
  15. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    No pictures are necessary... :stop:

Voodoo Tom, Mikie, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  16. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Oh no you didn't...
    lwb8dyazqeaik7v5iqqp.jpg
    Get ready for more Dean insults. :thumbsup:

Luis, Faust29, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  17. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Cleanup on aisle 5....

ridinrox, Luis, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Look what has happened to my precious thread... :( I have no one to blame butt myself...

Danimal, Cougar, Voodoo Tom and 3 others like this.
  19. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    hill^billy
    I really hope my toe does not get hammered, looks no fun! How much longer before you are back? Hoping you are on the uptick by now. Can you walk yet?

20. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Not to completely destroy Herzalots precious thread, although he has nothing to complain about (55 pages! WOW!) I see the doctor tomorrow and hope to be riding a little this weekend so I can actually post on this thread!

21. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I went out for a ride this afternoon.....I won't bore you with the details of the ride, because honestly except for about 20 seconds....it wasn't all that exciting.

What made it exciting you may be asking???

It took 22 years of riding...but I finally saw my first mountain lion out on the trail today. Coming back from Sierra Peak...it ran up the road in front of me and bolted into the bushes. All I can say is it was friggin' AWSOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::Barefoot::geek:

I figured with all the early mornings that I am out there, I would have encountered one by now.

Postal Pat, Oaken, Danimal and 20 others like this.
  22. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    AYE! It is awesome catching a glimpse of a big cat in the wild. Especially on your regular turf.

You're among the very few, j. So many outdoor types go a lifetime without seeing one. I feel extraordinarily lucky to have seen five. Two of those might have been the same cat on different days, in fact I suspect so. But two at the same time was just over the top, especially at extremely close range with eye contact.

Oh, the placed you can go. Give your bike a big kiss.

23. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    This summer we were up in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. My wife asked the kids and me what we wanted to do/see on the trip. I said - I want to see a bear in the wild - all the years I have been hiking, biking and camping in the woods I have never seen one.

We saw 11.

Faust29, Oaken, Danimal and 5 others like this.
  24. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Dang, nice tally.

We rode thru MT, ID, WY, CO and NM and never saw one. Even camped in a site closed to tent camping due to griz activity. Nothing.

Mikie likes this.
  25. Oaken

Oaken Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    Due to the heat, amazing surf, a cold, and an unexpected family death (don't put off those pap smears!), I have been off the bike for a few months.
    I finally got a ride in today at Laguna Coast and El Moro. Beautiful morning and the dirt wasn't bad. Along with other trails, I rode an old friend - Emerald Canyon. It was in pretty nice shape, not overgrown and dripping with poison oak yet. I didn't like the new camera :mad:. Old Emerald was showing some good character and was fun.

**For anybody riding there on the weekend - Met some runners putting up pink ribbons - There is a big 25/50 K trail run @ El Moro on Saturday.**

Pretty cool to see the cat J.
    A cougar is still on my list, although I'm pretty sure I got stalked once when I was scouting a remote trail on foot in Chino Hills.
    Got the hair on the back of my neck feeling when I was hiking in, and found a couple prints next to my shoe prints on the way out.

Danimal, ridinrox, mtnbikej and 5 others like this.
  26. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    Cut out of work early and did a quick Oak run this afternoon. I posted up on here, but had no takers to join. Not sure if it's me, or the place and times I ride, but I never get any takers when I post here. I even wash my gloves...... :unsure: Anyways I digress. I'm actually glad I had no takers. I had zero legs today. Like nothing. I felt like the bike gained ten pounds. I had to stop and check if maybe I had a flat or was riding a Diamondback(sorry Verdugist, just poking fun):) Climbing Chutes and Coachwhip took way more effort than they should have. Maybe the double espresso and cinnamon roll I had for breakfast or the G Burger I had for lunch didn't make for a good pre-ride energy source. In any event, I still got some miles in and got some saddle time on the bike, so all is good. :thumbsup:

27. shawndoh

shawndoh Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!

It's true, I don't see a lot response to posted rides. Still a pretty young forum, will see.

I was out riding in Vale/Temecula today, for the 12hr and Enduro on Nov 7/8th. Good stuff. You can see that whole place, taking shape.

Mikie, Runs with Scissors and Faust29 like this.
  28. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    I work a 7-5 job with every other Friday off. Much as I'd love to make the posted rides they're usually while I'm at work.

Mikie likes this.
  29. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Paul, if I lived anywhere near your zip code I would ride with you every day! ...even with your stinky gloves!:thumbsup:

I rode my damn bike today! It wasn't much but it was something. I iced my foot down to subzero and shoved it in my mtb shoe while it could not feel it, and Cathy and I cruised up to the top of the box canyon we live, and back down. I must have tricked toe #5, cuzzzz when it finally figured out it was pedaling a bike it remained very happy. A total non contributor, but happy none the less! I think I can ride again. Man! That makes me happy!
    '

30. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    It's all good, I was just poking a little fun. I have a group that I do ride with regularly, and solo rides are sometimes good to clear the head. Normally when I do post on here, it's without a lot of notice, and usually still pretty close to being in normal working hours, so I don't expect a lot of people to be available. And, I haven't been able to join any of the other rides posted on here, so I guess I'm guilty as well. Congrats on getting back on the bike. I'd go nuts if I couldn't ride for an extended time.