I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Dammit. Now people will think I actually do get out and ride once in a while.

Thanks for the video. :thumbsup: I think it's only the 2nd video segment I have ever seen of me riding. @Faust29 took the other. :cool: I will return the favor next ride.

EDIT:
    I had the sound down when I first watched the video. I recommend doing likewise. The same tinkling little bell that magically clears hikers before you see them is a little annoying in the video.

2. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    I've got some of you on GE.

Mikie, Faust29, -ROCKY- and 3 others like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Ophir Creek Trail bombs off the Tahoe Rim with an incredible variety of fun and challenging terrain. We did it today. Here's our vid.

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at   6.24 PM.png

Mikie, Faust29, CBone and 16 others like this.
  4. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    The guys I was riding with today were looking for saddle time to get ready for the Hellride. We were going to slowly spin around Carbon Canyon. But @mtnbikej was right about Carbon Canyon being closed after the rain. So we went down the road to Turnbull Canyon. And Turnbull is not the place for long slow climbs. But they did clear the 3 Bs climb for the first time. Kicked their butts and the rest of the ride they never reallly recovered. Today will be my last time doing the 7th st loop. The pairing boulders on every switchback kills the ride. Can see plenty of other trails out there. Any other good loops?

5. Poofighter

Poofighter Member

Name:
    Noel
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Shortboy
    Next time you go to Turnbull try going across Turnbull Canyon Road to the south and try The Cow Trail loop. On Habitat Authority's map it starts on Juan Bautista to Worsham Canyon to Worsham Ridge to complete the loop.

Mikie, Faust29, MrGreedom and 7 others like this.
  6. Grego

Grego iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Got a few laps in at Skypark with Vince and friends. Recent rain along with early damp weather made the wooded features slick. Probably why the Whale Tail was closed. It opened up later after drying out. Hero dirt on Comet. Had some fun sessioning the drop and step up. No crashes. After riding we tried out the Zip Line. That was cool and the exit from it was an added bonus. Just step off the 30' high platform. o_O

Untitled.jpg

7. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
  8. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    ok so lately, my precious Saturday morning rides have been taken by either daughter #2's soccer or daughter #1 various.... I'm missing my riding mates...don't see them much when not riding ... so this past weekend zilch riding... getting cranky... kicking the dog... yelling at the baby...u know usual stuff...went home for lunch.. said hello wife...I gotta ride...she said yes, you gotta ride! so floop lunch ..now back at work AND BACK TO NORMAL SELF! I really can't go w/o riding for more than 4 or 5 days...
    thank God for the floop... Amen!

9. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    ps.. Floop all good .. no hobo mud bog... a little tore up from people riding it on Sunday .. but all good..
    took all the good jumps.. there's some that you can get some air.. no consequences for failure type jumps...

10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Nice and brisk this morning at 0555 for my normal commute. Dry air makes it feel even cooler, which I really like. Another 16.7 miles under my tires.:geek:

Riding home probably won't be quite as nice, but I'll still be pedaling.:thumbsup:

11. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Bronson
    It was brisk, low 50s when I started out. But really pleasant by the time I got home. Totally glassy (so to speak), not a hint of wind and crisp clear valley and mountain view. Could see Catalina like it was just down at the end of the road and San Clemente Isle. right behind it. Love these days.

12. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Much warmer on the way home. And the bike route on the riverbed was crowded. :Roflmao
    upload_2018-10-16_18-54-42.png

13. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Quick 9 mile spin up behind Robinson Ranch... Played around on a new "trail" that someone cut with a bobcat. I followed it until it got too steep to push the bike... Then bounced and rolled back down. :thumbsup: The locals are cutting trails into Starr Ranch, which won't win us any friends. Starr Ranch is off limits to humans. Period.

IMG_0499.jpg

Hmmm... Not really supposed to be a trail here. Looks fun, though.
    IMG_0501.jpg

And it was taco Tuesday. Couldn't decide between fish and steak. They both won. :whistling:
    IMG_0502 (1).jpg

9 miles and 1400 feet. Saving some gas for Saturday. I'll need everything in the tank... :coffee:

Redman, Fueledbyex8, -ROCKY- and 15 others like this.
  14. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Everything about your post looks good!

15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Hopefully this post makes it on page 500 of the I Rode My Bike Thread!
    Got a Tuesday in and ran into my buddy Tucker, aka @CBone out at P12!
    It was close to dusk and we ended with lights. It's a nice change and the weather was PERFECT!
    Thanks Tucker! Got to meet Travis as well a currently non-member of imtbtrails... Ah-hemmm Tucker? You wanna get that fixed??? :whistling::rolleyes:

upload_2018-10-17_20-26-47.png

Redman, mike, DangerDirtyD and 9 others like this.
  16. CBone

CBone Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Hey, I figured you had hit him up already as per usual:Roflmao
    I'll talk to him about it.

17. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Social Taco Thursday with a full cast of hooligans. Bell View out and back, utilizing the single tracks that run parallel to Bell View. :whistling:

IMG_0505.jpg

Creaky plastic bike... I've checked just about everything else, so she may get a bottom bracket before the Wrightwood ride on Saturday. Or, maybe the lizard gets the call up... We shall see.
    IMG_0507.jpg

Fun ride, great conversation, and good tacos... :thumbsup:

Redman, mike, Old&InTheWay and 10 others like this.
  18. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Bronson
    Strung some little gems together for a ride. Well more like little rocks, maybe agates. Interesting enough to be fun. Went walk-about and ended up somewhere I didn't need to be, so while adventurous and it could have been a contender - it was not to be. Lots of little here and there in these thar hills. Pristine, clear air, a little off shore, view to the horizon.

Then at home, broke down the BB and the pedals to clear up some creaks and clicks. See tomorrow how it turned out. Seemed pretty good on the test spin. The WTB seat though, have tried everything and a half on it. Maybe soak it in a vat of hot oil. Or time for a new seat, one.

19. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Bonus Friday ride! I got going too late to make do the one I was hoping for, but still broke off 26/2,800. Real fun time, in perfect weather. Went up and over Crafton then down to the Workout trails at the base of the SART. No mechanicals, no bonks, no drama! One bottle of H20, one bottle of Tailwind over 3.5 hrs.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1914882991

43621977530_75c4648e61_c.jpg

45387271062_c14943c755_c.jpg

44522145135_0a00128c23_c.jpg

20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Late start today. ~4pm up Clear Creek Trail to just before the Rim, then down. Gorgeous evening out, finished a few miles in the moonlight. 32/4100

clrcreek1.jpg

clrcreek2.jpg

clrcreek3.jpg

21. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Just a quick jaunt up GMR and down Monroe. Late start, after 9 am. It started getting toasty on the way down. Monroe is pretty torn up. I hadn't been up there since before the last rains came through. It'll be a while before it's the old flowy MTT it used to be. Still a great time, had loads o' fun. Now to deal with AT&T and their customer no-service.

strava5895333727330171803.jpg

22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Family ride on beach cruisers from Bolsa Chica (HB) down past the pier to catch the air show (and TK Burgers) then back. Not really a ride, and shouldn't be posted here because we didn't touch dirt. :oops: Oh well. Fun day with the fam. :thumbsup:

23. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Ahem...this is "I Rode my Bike Today." Not I rode my bike on dirt today. :whistling:

You had the day nailed. Enjoy it, because before you can say "where the heck did the time go" she'll be in college and dating. ;)

24. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    REALLY fun morning ride. 30/2,700 over four hours. A bit of boring road, but finally got out to the plateau and open space, and just cruised and meandered to my heart's content. Went on an old road I've always wanted to explore, and it was totally worth it. Open vistas, and old oaks... my favorite combination!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1917040820

45408758952_00fd48fa62_b.jpg

45408759022_30ea4e7a3f_b.jpg

45460765271_1d09a140cb_b.jpg

25. CBone

CBone Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Another P-12 ride today. I set a goal to get on the bike for six consecutive days this week. I'm trying to build up a little fitness. This was number six. Three of them were just a few road miles after dark but that was ok with me.
    14 miles and 1,700 ft. on this one. Back to the vehicle just before dark. Even hit an old favorite trail called "House Dropper" that has a series of drops created when they graded house lots in the side of the hill. Fun stuff and good practice.
    49 mi. and 4,445 ft. for the week. Less than some here do in one day:gag: but I'm satisfied.

IMG_3008.JPG

26. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Well-Known Member

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Went pou for a cruise around Wrightwood.

IMG_20181020_072454186_BURST000_COVER.jpg

27. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Quick post office loop ride today w/ @Sasquatch9billion. Hadn't rode it in a while but so fun! A lot of pine cones scattered on the trail, 3 down trees that you have to duck to pass through. The scenery is so beautiful right now w/ the trees leaves turning color. Wish today I had more time to ride a bit longer but it was worth every second. Here's a few pics of Trinidad enjoying the trail.
    2018-10-21 00.46.36.jpg
    2018-10-21 00.48.02.jpg
    2018-10-21 11.35.15.jpg

28. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Tree tunnel I cut a couple years ago is famous.
    One of my favorite sections of trail. P.O. loop.

Sidewalk, Faust29, -ROCKY- and 8 others like this.
  29. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    The bike looks happy too:inlove:

Faust29, mtnbikej, -ROCKY- and 3 others like this.
  30. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Impromptu Exploration Trail shuttle run in the afternoon. We were dropping my daughter off at a friend's house in R.S. so decided to turn it into an outing. The boy and I were dropped off at the top, and the rest of the fam went for a hike at the bottom. Phone died a half mile into it, so maybe I didn't actually ride the rest of it. We'll never know! The boy did not have a good run. No crashes, but he stalled up on just about everything. It was just AMAZINGLY beautiful out there with the trees turning color, and the evening (4:30) light coming in and hitting everything. It was cold though, 58F at the top which I didn't expect. Worth every minute!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1917409288