I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    Sounds like you are getting to know your fellow rattler's personalities well after all these years. :thumbsup:

Danmtchl, mike, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  2. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    I don't wanna get to know my fellow rattlers :eek:

Danmtchl, Grego, MrGreedom and 7 others like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Seriously! Jason stopped to take a picture, and I kept heading up the hill, giving it a wide berth!

Danmtchl, MrGreedom, mike and 4 others like this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Oh......come on you Sally's. It puts some excitement into the day.

Danmtchl, LLPoolJ, mike and 6 others like this.
  5. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Bronson
    Mounted the Maxxis Wood Chippers onto wheels with 18" macerator blades on the hubs and plowed over most of the blow down from yesterday's gale. Only had to dismount twice to clear the trail of dead-falls. Shins look like I did a round with Negan and his bitch Lucille.

6. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Midday spin with my buddy Tony. Up and over Albertson into Cheeseboro again. The wind was barely tolerable at times. Some pretty stiff gusts on a couple of the climbs. Once we got back to the Simi Valley side it was against the wind all the way home. It was still fun to get out and spin but the highlight of the day was being passed by a lady in her 70s on her cruiser bike with a motorized hub.20180413_111949-1008x756.jpg 20180413_120020-1008x756.jpg 20180413_165127-1055x697.jpg IMG_20180413_164755_284.jpg

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    I put 65 miles on a brand new set of Minions today. 2.5wT DHF/2.4WT DHR2. Some unexpected trouble with the Rekons; couldn’t be too choosy.

Jeep roads, ST, HAB, dirt roads, paved... from Queen Valley, around the Superstitions and up to Roosevelt Lake. Last 20 miles had some pretty demoralizing climbing, but stunning desert scenery the whole way. I set up my tent down by the water, and just quaffed freeze-dried pad Thai.

I'm at mile 420 of the bike version of the AZ Trail. Halfway there if you count miles. 75% there if you count everything. How can I commemorate this... :sneaky:

8. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    We are hitting AZT in the morning, down Tucson way.

Danmtchl, Faust29, mike and 1 other person like this.
  9. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    My buddy Paul in that Pic.

Danmtchl, Faust29 and Cyclotourist like this.
  10. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Still in Pre Scott. Got up this morning decided not to drive to Sedona and stayed local. Drove the 10min to Downtown which is where I like to start the Mt. Francis loop. 2nd time tackling this awesome ride. It has a few miles of road but the rest is just plain old fun. 5mile descent near the end of the loop is a work of art, few other fun ones spread throughout the ride. I ended up with 25/3000. If you ever have time on the way to or from Sedona this ride is a must do.

Danmtchl, Fueledbyex8, Grego and 12 others like this.
  11. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    This is where the trail is fat and you smell skunk?

This sounds perfect... I need to try that area whenever we got to PHX next.

Danmtchl, Faust29 and mike like this.
  12. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    1.5hr drive. This loop is right up your alley. SART style riding.

Danmtchl, mike and Cyclotourist like this.
  13. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    I've been missing out!

Danmtchl and mike like this.
  14. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
  15. OTHRider

OTHRider Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '14 Giant TCX SLR2 Cross Bike
    Did a mellow ride from home up into CHSP. On the way back down Telegraph I came across (90% sure) a California Striped Racer who wouldn't let me take his picture and about 100 yards further I came across a big, fat gopher snake. Very cool way to start the day.

Danmtchl, Grego, mtnbikej and 10 others like this.
  16. tortoise

tortoise Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Harding Truck Trail to 4 corners to check out some of the Vision Quest studs & Studlettes, saw @Faust29 grinding it out. On my way back down I saw some type of animal running down the trail in front of me, then around a corner and it was gone, it looked like a short fat dog, no idea what that was...

17. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    AZT

Pistol Hill to Three Bridges and back and then Pistol Hill through Hope Camp

25.01 miles and extremely giddy! :inlove:

A2B95218-B6A4-44DA-B953-85CA483BB1EC.jpeg

C2B33BD7-9A58-41DA-B29B-D5102BDEA14D.jpeg

18. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Counting Coup.:thumbsup: I'm wiped out.

19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
  20. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    You saw me before the suffering set in. :gag::D

21. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Slacker

22. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Headed down to the beach side of Sycamore Canyon with Jennifer. Started with a climb up Overlook then up and over Guadalasco to Wood Canyon. Up Wood Canyon to Ranch Center then down to Sage. Up Sage back to Ranch Center then down to Sin Nombre and Two Foxes. After that we took a break at which point Jennifer asked if we were near 30 miles. I said we're not even to 20 yet. After a few minutes she said she wasn't feeling it and asked if we could head back to the truck. I felt bad because I know she really wanted to get in at least 30 if not 40 miles today.

On the other hand she gave me permission to ride ahead as we had the walkie talkies today. I pushed harder than normal and PR'd every climb. Whodathunk I would be interested in PR'ing climbs.

Jennifer recovered nicely and it was a beautiful day to be on the bikes. IMG_20180414_121450_301.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_295.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_311.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_308.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_304.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_324.jpg IMG_20180414_121450_345.jpg IMG_20180414_121258_041.jpg

23. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Wrightwood with t-2, Grego and the Trailslayer! Around 20 mi and 4500 elev. Good chit!

24. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    I battled the voices this morning and sold myself on an Over rated best trail. Sedona it was. Hi line was the 1st victim. I had a score to settle. 1st time through it I walked nearly all the difficult sections. This time would be different. I was fresh and confident. Start from Yavapai Vista, its a short climb to the start then its on with the rockstravaganza. Climbed real well. Cleared 90% of the accessories or obstacles for short. Made it to the top in short order. Nerves started to kick in at this point. Took some deep breaths and some views then off I went. Made quick work of the trail to the 1st chute. This is where I started the ride another day march down the hill last time. Today I was determined to clean some if not all. Few run ups and then I commited bam made the 1st half. Same on the 2nd half. Man I was pumped. Nailed a few more section walked 2.5 that I can think of. Bummed that I could not talk myself into the boulder roll. Anyone who has ridden this should know which spot I am talking about. Turned on to Baldwin bombed down it. Then the run across Templeton back to the truck. Ride #1 of the day 8/850

25. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Ride #2 was across town. I had done Mescal did not enjoy the route we did last time. Did some research found another way to access it and make a loop. Turns out it was really enjoyable. Parked at Aerie trail head very few cars there all other trail heads had cars lined up and down the street. Geared up and off I went, this ride would be more fun than challenging. Enjoying nature and yoga pants. Lots of hikers out mid day. Headed out Aerie starts with a decent climb the a fun DH with some flow trail stuff near the the end. This lead me to Deadmans pass trailhead Mescal T's off of this and starts with a fun little switchback climb to the slickrock portion which is really fun with a few drops some off camber climbs and beautiful views of the valley. This came to an end to quickly, I turned onto Yucca which is a fun short DH leading into Canyon of Fool. This trail is a whoot. Ends in a creek bed with berms, jumps and whoopdy does. Like a small bike park run. Crossed over the road onto Dawa trail, now start the mellow climb to the truck. Dawa turns into Cockscomb after a bit. There is a mile or so of climbing on Cockscomb then a fun little run down to the truck. I would love to do this loop again. Loaded up and started the drive back to Prescott. Quick bite to eat in Cottonwood. Still had time for a ride at Watson lake I had researched.

Danmtchl, tortoise, Faust29 and 12 others like this.
  26. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Ride 3. Short ride on granite dells. Planned route was out to the tech trail loop back on the easy trail to cool down. Well the tech trail had me mesmerized. This thing was a work of art. Ups, downs and all arounds on some amazing granite sculptures. This trail does not look heavily used. My guess as to why. Lots of work and chances to break bike and yourself. I rode something like 70% of the obstacle. Nearly all of it was rideable with the proper practice and skills. At the planned exit I noticed the trail kept going and so did I after about a .25 mile it became HAB I should have turned back at this point it did not happen. 1.75 miles more HAB and I made it around the lake and out to the highway. Called the Boy as he only lives a mile from this spot. He picked me up and shuttled me back to my vehicle. What and adventure. Next time I will exit as planned. Great day. Add this as a must do if you like really technical trails and are in Prescott.

Danmtchl, tortoise, Faust29 and 12 others like this.
  27. Grego

Grego iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Wrightwood with TTB, T-2 and Vince. New dirt for the Slayer and I. The Toms were still piecing the route together. We made a couple wrong turns but hey, a little extra credit didn't hurt. Nice singletrack climbs, some fireroad and awesome fast singletrack DH's. :thumbsup: No issues, just great riding with great friends. Can't go wrong with Wrightwood. :laugh:
    uyygiugytdytf.jpg

rdyguygrsoo.jpg

popjoi.jpg

28. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Not 100% happy with my Fox Rhythm 34, so @riiz came over, and tore down the lowers. They were pronounced as fine to ride on, so ride we did. Until my rear tire magically decided to keep letting air out about a mile from home. Back to the house, 2 more oz. of Stan's and decided to drive up to the park in order to save time. Rode around for an hour, wasn't feeling great, and he ran out of time. Quick scoot back home. Strava was never turned on, so now my year-end totals are shot. And this may, or may not have happened:

40750820754_ba18663502_b.jpg

The fork is still feeling pretty harsh, so more trail and error ahead!

29. evdog

evdog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Evan S
    Golden hour to night ride tonite...
    IMG_20180414_185931_zpsnsux6rzv.jpg
    IMG_20180414_185226_zpsz7yebqkh.jpg
    IMG_20180414_191456_zpszgrycxdj.jpg
    IMG_20180414_191626_zps0w6s2azy.jpg
    IMG_20180414_201206_zpsq7fxuc2e.jpg
    IMG_20180414_215220_372_zpsli0oxzuw.jpg

30. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    Bug Springs was way over my comfort zone and some of Prison Camp/Molino basin was too. Somewhere along the way trying to survive the sketchy tech sections my Garmin came out of its mount. I hope its new owner enjoys it. I sure did. Gorgeous up there. Parts remind me of the San Gabes and parts reminded me of the the Cannel Plunge. Pics dont do it any justice.

B8363864-CDC9-4B5D-87CC-94E9B2E82071.jpeg

CA5858CE-DB88-485E-BF56-A3253F43CF26.jpeg

A07DDE7F-1678-4848-AF98-BCF81A1E44AD.jpeg

OTHRider, Marty657, Redman and 19 others like this.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?