I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. da big hills

da big hills Well-Known Member

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    to the bench and back, my favorite part. I like the 2nd bench on top of the knoll.

2. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Bronson CC v3
    Thanks and I can't argue with your statement. Some much needed healthier lifestyle changes are probably a contributing factor... :whistling:

Mikie, herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  3. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Bronson CC v3
    Here's the 5 oaks run for those who are interested. :)

4. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    F’in awesome! Nice job on the chute!

Mikie, tbarnesarc, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  5. tfitz

tfitz Member

Name:
    tom fitz
    92F92662-5149-4EFC-B12C-4557D94AEAC3.jpeg
    Zen Saint George

6. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Popular picture spot for blue Salsas! :thumbsup:

IMG_6051.jpg

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Nice job! Good to see you hitting some other stuff. Your next run there will be totally clean. The slab above the huge paver turn where you stopped this time (2:25) will not be an issue for you next time, I am sure. It's similar but easier than the exiting slab and drop on T and A, as you come out of the trees.

The part at the end by the Oak tree and the wooden stairs (3:11) is probably the most visually intimidating, but the g-out through the creek at the bottom helps collect you if you get a bit sketched. We used to have to make the move to get over the bridge at the bottom of the stairs (and Kevin still does), but the g-out through the creek has been the main route now for about 3 years.

Thanks for posting the videos. I enjoy them for a lot of reasons - trails I know, your commentary, no music, video quality, - but I also enjoy the honest display of your progress. :thumbsup::cool:

8. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Did another Black Star run today. Picked my buddy up at 6am and we got rolling just as the sun was lighting things up so no lights required. Got a little chilly as we climbed, 45* which felt like 35* when soaked from sweat on the way down. Had light gloves on so my hands were a little numb. Brakes howled like no other because my pads got screwed from mud recently which in turn screwed my rotors. New pads/rotors arriving tomorrow.

Made it gate to gate in 1:15 and didn’t dab a foot the whole way again. My buddy had to work so we just turned around at Beek’s and were in the car by 8:30am heading home.

580E01D5-47DC-4F03-BD2B-6EE0B432BDF8.jpeg

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I sort of rode my bike yesterday.

We had an Easter picnic a few miles away with the family. I figured parking would be a nightmare, so we decided to ride over. 3 miles over on the bike path....no streets, no lights, no cars. So we hopped on the tandem and away we went.

Well the bike for 2 was quite the tool for entertainment. We take riding for granted since we do it all the time. The rest of my family....not so, "athletic". So it turned into rides on the tandem. First my dad, then my sister, aunt, niece......

Then the short ride home. I had planned to do a regular ride in the afternoon, but to much bad food and sweets......I crashed hard when we got home. Well, there goes that ride.

Got a whoppin' 6.5 miles and an unbelievable 250' of ascent.

IMG_4241.JPG IMG_3653.jpg

10. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Definitely the best way to get around town!

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Careful there buddy. Those kinds of numbers can be addictive!

LLPoolJ, Faust29, kioti and 4 others like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Just finished 30 miles of trail from Parker Cyn Lake. Burlosis!!! No heroics today, some housekeeping, prepping for the big push to Tuscon.

Go ride yer bike!!!!!!!!

13. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    was off the bike for too long b/c of vacation in mexico... so decided to rent a bike... rode all over playa del Carmen.. from one end to playacar..loop... did some fake mtbking along some dirt paths... chased some taxis on narrow streets... dodged a couple of angry Chihuahuas... and got lost in an industrial section with only the garbage flying in the wind... Ended up in a beach area with a cenote... not a single tourist around.. all Mexican families enjoying Easter... Wow! can't eat regular tacos anymore...

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Quick afternoon loop between child care and errands. Life is good! :thumbsup:

15. dustyyoungblood

dustyyoungblood Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dustan Baker
    Current Bike:
    Foes Mixer Trail
    Man that looks way different from 10 years or more ago.

16. dustyyoungblood

dustyyoungblood Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dustan Baker
    Current Bike:
    Foes Mixer Trail
    Missed my chance Sat am to ride.
    Sunday, by some magical course of events i ended up with a sleeping toddler and nothing to to for 1:00 in the late afternoon. Hit a local Ladera loop. It was fun.

Today did the 13mi work lunch break WR loop.
    PR’d Borrego, cattle pond, and Live oak. Was hurting on Mustard though and was like 3min off my better pace. Arrrgh.

Everything is working so perfect on the bike right now. Very happy.

17. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    An hour ride around Oakmont. It was definitely cool and getting colder out there. Did the regular big loop without pushing it, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!!! Fluffy tires might need a little air as I was really bouncing around a lot.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1486421274

41153914952_0d0d01b50c_c.jpg

41153928492_2a092fa171_c.jpg

18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Bouncing on fluffy tires usually means you are overinflated - and that 's the problem with tires over 2.60 - very picky about air pressure and rim width. 1 PSI can make a substantial difference.

Faust29, Cyclotourist and mtnbikej like this.
  19. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    You may be right, but with more pressure they don't seem so bouncy. I thought I had them figured out pretty good, but maybe not so much. I aired them to 12.5F/14.5R last week, so they're probably down from there. Felt like I was riding on these

yoga_ball-300x300.jpg

Old&InTheWay, Faust29, kioti and 4 others like this.
  20. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    Need more pressure...

SgPg5p.gif

21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    ...and just like the first post in this thread, it's Tuesday. New territory for me today that I've always wanted to hit in Murrieta (Menifee? Wildomar?). What a riot! It's essentially a bike park, but you pedal up gentle traversing single track to get back to the top. So much good work went into the trails out there. Huge bike park style berms, rock gardens, small rock drops, jump lines, kickers, rock rollers, you name it (except roots - none of those). Some of the trails have a more natural feel, and some are truly Northstar-esque.

...and one HUGE m-f-ing rattler. No kidding - this thing was as big around as my forearm. Red. It was about waist high in the rocks while we were climbing, and he got a little startled by the rider in front of me, so he let me know he was there. I would have taken a photo, but I wanted to live.

Despite that, the trails were mostly empty - a few riders out. I had a talented guide who knew the area well and all the best trails, otherwise, one could get quite confused and lost in the maze of trails. There are signs for many of the trails. The cool thing is that there are designated climbing (hiking) trails, and designated DH mtb trails. I really felt like I had booked a trip to a bike park. So much fun!

Distortion Trail Head.JPG

Overdrive Rock Pile.JPG

Greer Ranch Trail Sign.JPG

22. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I've been wanting to get out there.. Almost sounds like a destination resort! Maybe a good example for some current trail concepts this side of the SA's?

mtnbikej, Faust29, doublewide and 4 others like this.
  23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    The surprising thing was that the berm trails were solid - not dusty, loose and rutted. Not sure why they were in better shape than Whistler.

24. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    I have felt awful the last two days so I had to force myself to ride today. And, a strange thing happened... I started feeling better, and better, and better as I rode along. My legs were darn strong today. I dig that feeling when you get into a groove on the steady climbs and it's over before you know it. You are pushing hard, your legs muscles are loaded up, and it "hurts so good". :inlove:

Cherry Canyon
    12.13 miles
    1864'

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4401.jpg

25. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    I believe you were summoned via text, did you not get it?? Number changed?

26. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Ride Life Ride Giant
    Julie Cruise Director!!

27. pperrelle

pperrelle Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo, Ripley & Tranny
    Wanted to dust off the hardtail for a quick spin today to make sure it was ready for Counting Coup this weekend, or as I now know, the weekend following. Just did a quick spin from the driveway up through Peters Canyon and into Oaks. Ran into @mtnbikej at the top of Chutes and chatted with him for a few minutes before pedaling back home. Quick, easy spin. The hardtail's bottom bracket was creaking up a storm, so I will fix that before the coup as I don't want to listen to that for the 8-10 hours that I will be pedaling. 15.3 miles/1,384 feet.

28. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Yep, new number. Dang it! Well, we'll make this happen. I so want to be inspired so I can come back here and be disillusioned.

Anybody know a good realtor in the Murrieta area? j/k.. sorta.

29. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Without the coke habit! :thumbsup:

(Lauren Tewes reference. I'll see myself out.)

rossage, doublewide, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  30. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Sounds like you're dating yourself. Wait, that sounds weird.

herzalot, Danmtchl and MrGreedom like this.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?