I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

1. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I hit a pretty good-sized hole on Santiago Canyon Road last night. Figured I'd get a flat on the front right of my Tacoma, but I'm running tubeless. ;) I guess even pavement has problems these days.

We'll get some of these trails rigid-ready once the rains start. Until then.. float like a butterfly, carve like a ski?

2. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Or according to "The Proper Method" by Bill McCready... the Stoker is always right!

I put a few miles on the tandem with my lovely wife.

Ohh today for me lovely relaxing Cruise along HB on a Thanksgiving Day in SoCal

IMG_20171123_102916.jpg

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Thanksgiving Social. I'm exhausted. IMG_20171123_120134_234.jpg

4. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    I’m from the rust belt... potholes don’t count unless they’ll swallow a truck whole. Our interstates looked more like Main Divide. :p

5. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    We rode! A Thanksgiving Social Cruise from Maple Springs to Motorway with @H2oChick , @cajun , @mtnbikej and myself...

I’ve ridden the last two days, so I hung up the downhill bike and brought out the e-bike. :p

AADC38C4-37D6-4B55-88EE-2A7F4B5913CC.jpeg

Temps were nice the whole way up, as was the company. :thumbsup: It didn’t begin to get toasty until we were ready to drop Motorway.

Great day, great company...

Happy Thanksgiving!

4B62D523-EF60-4C85-B0AD-4DF36DD5CC08.jpeg

That’s me... Trying to control the camera from my watch. I need a little practice...:oops:
    D8DF801C-65FC-41F5-AEF4-384FFE0E8835.jpeg

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't have much more to add. It turned out to be a very nice morning out on the mountain. The pace was faster at times than I felt like.

We got out there before the masses. Saw a few riders on the pavement at the beginning. By the time we hit the dirt, we had the place to ourselves. Even the bugs left us alone for the most part.

We were supposed to have a group of 6, but @horsebikerider was feeling under the weather, and Hugh misread the calendar.

Considering I was on my bike 12hrs before we started this ride, my legs felt better than I thought they would.

Good times for sure.

7. Danmtchl

Danmtchl Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2015 Devinci Troy Carbon 27.5
    FB_IMG_1511477817293.jpg Did the annual club pie ride. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
    I am in the white shirt and orange bike in the center of the picture

ricke24, bvader, MattB and 13 others like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Giving thanks for killer days like today. For the best partners. Also for gravity, and for human powered gadgets. For brisk days that make you want to keep going, high points on technical climbs, burning lungs and melting legs...whoop-worthy drops through tricky chunk and switchies. For distant ranges, wildlife and habitat, for cloud banks and for the pine needles crunching under your tires and feet. To feeling it all one more day. Thanks!

From home, the weez reeled in the summit of Bergen Peak like never before, and descended with noteworthy badassness. Hard to keep up with at times! Nailed the neckiest bit on Too-Long trail, her first time getting it (you remember this one, @herzalot?).

Action viddeeo.

morberg.jpg

No turkey or relatives, but a dream ride with my babe makes that easy to forget.

Hope y'all had, having or have a great one! :thumbsup:

9. Paul Hales

Paul Hales Member

Name:
    Paul Hales
    Current Bike:
    Norco Torrent custom build
    We realized we should have taken photos of the trails when we got home. Photos of our stops isn't quite as exciting. Then again, it's the Lysterfield mtb park so there's lots of information out there already.

mike, herzalot, SnakeCharmer and 4 others like this.
  10. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Like a pro!

11. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    #jealous. Especially the no turkey or relatives part.

Old&InTheWay, kioti, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  12. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune

Dang it, why can’t it ever be a girl who says such nice things about me

LLPoolJ, da big hills, kioti and 4 others like this.
  13. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Dusting off my only road bike now, which is more of an all-rounder. Was going to climb up to Crafton, but forgot my cassette is shot, so every time I put some wattage on it, the chain would skip terribly. I tried hard to avoid that wattage (it was tough!) and managed to get half way up into the hills, and instead of going over the top, took some trails around the side and into the wash. And had a great time in the process!!! A whole lot of fun!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1287649395

38549235306_0051e1e159_b.jpg

37888830674_bde8989319_b.jpg

26829464249_4ccd824736_b.jpg

24733995428_3c9ca27def_b.jpg

ricke24, SnakeCharmer, kioti and 12 others like this.
  14. kingaucho

kingaucho Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    It was an amazing bike. Surprisingly efficient climber, those 2.5s give you lots of traction. Th Fox 36 was super smooth. It almost felt too easy and effortless riding my local trails compared to my XC 29er with the Fox 32. Sweet bike. I guess it should be at that $7-8K price range!

SnakeCharmer, kioti, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  15. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    You win the internet today, good sir! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:

I don't recognize that section because I don't think we ever made it up to Bergen Peak. We rode the lower part of Elk Meadow all the time, but only ventured above it once or twice. Goddang we were lame! Congrats to you and especially your better half for clearing what looks mighty challenging.

Isn't there a Too-Long Trail in White Ranch, or is that Longhorn? Have you ridden up at White Ranch during your CO stay?

SnakeCharmer, kioti, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  16. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Thanks, pally...you crack me up. :D Yep, Longhorn. WR is topping my list and I just blew it and a bro off yesterday! A race with time!!!!! We've driven to several areas/trails that are not as quality as the Evergreen trails, so now we're hammering this dreamy stuff out the door and missing other areas. Too many unchecked boxes. Quintessential raft of first-world problems, please help us... :cool:

17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Gorgeous road machine – from a thorough non-roadie! Have you dished about this bike in the road bike thread while I snoozed? You always have the coolist bikes, David. What is this one? Ride on!

18. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Thanks, Mike! It's an old-school Rivendell... bought in 2001. This was my mountain bike for many years! Relegated to the back of the garage lately, it's taken on the role of my road bike now as I sold my pure road bike. It's a perfect do it all bike! Only limitation now are the tires... it maxes out @ 40mm, which was pretty huge for '01, but is sorta no big deal now.

mike, Faust29, mtnbikej and 1 other person like this.
  19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    This will help you. White Ranch Trail Map.

Consider yourself nudged. Disclaimer. Last time I rode there was 1998.

I love JeffCo's new park regulations.
    JeffCo Park Rules.jpg

I wonder how "motor vehicles" is defined.

On the camping rules, they include no amplified music. I would like to see that adapted to the dudes who feel they need to use external speakers for us all to enjoy their musical tastes, instead of hearing pesky things like tires, bikes, breathing, wind, voices, warning bells, birds, or........ silence.

bvader, Old&InTheWay, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  20. da big hills

da big hills Well-Known Member

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I started my adult mountain biking on a Sears Free Spirit 10 speed. It was not geared low enough so on the steep parts I would stand up and the back end would slip, then HAB. Those narrow 27" tires and side pull rear brakes held up very well. Back then we had no idea how far this fad would go. When I was a young adult we used stingray style 24" bikes, the gearing sucked and very few had any suspension at all. The coaster brakes were the bomb. The banana seat made it easy to slide back on the saddle.
    Happy memory trails

21. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    I went up B* to the Golf Ball...started heading up to Hagador but just wasn't feeling it. Went to Sierra Peak instead. 25 miles, 3,650 feet. Good ride, but I simply must climb more. :eek:o_O

Great views today.
    20171124_103642.jpg

Sierra Peak will take a while to recover.
    20171124_112825.jpg

20171124_112816.jpg

upload_2017-11-24_13-49-54.png

ricke24, Redman, bvader and 9 others like this.
  22. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    Luge and Old Camp are in great condition little loose but super fun... nice run post turkey...beer coma now..similar to turkey coma....

Faust29, MattB, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  23. konakc

konakc Well-Known Member

Name:
    kc
    No crowds at wahoo parking.. everyone shopping?

24. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Local fire roads and two laps of China Flats. I need to get outta town! IMG_20171124_112755_308.jpg

25. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Vegas last 2 days. Dead horse and 3 mile smile yesterday with the boy. 13 fun miles. Today got up and hit Ike's Peak solo. 8 miles. Both days were filled with awesome desert style riding. Flowing stuff yesterday, tech climbing and droppy descent today. Good times. Off to the Hockey game. Vegas Knights

26. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Big Black Friday ride today! The goal was to get out early and add a lot of trails onto Mountain Bike Project for the area. And success! Well, at least the riding portion! Three of us went out with good intentions. We then ran into a friend of a friend with a lot of local knowledge on the specific trails in the Mentone wash area. So around and around we went, collecting them all! I was in no way prepared to be out for nearly six hours, but survived it all.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1289010359

37907851694_52c6efd669_b.jpg

38592736362_bb3277a5a0_b.jpg

37737211595_69d3fd0d18_b.jpg

38592729522_f5b0d717be_b.jpg

37737207405_eed20ca89d_b.jpg

Evoracer, ricke24, Redman and 14 others like this.
  27. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Yup! Rode it!
    Did a Black Friday Wrightwood Thingy with @Voodoo Tom (he rode his Ripley and seemed much happier).
    The weather was ridiculously perfect. We did a nice outside loop of the trail area and hit Boyscout a couple of times...
    Apparently I produced 1,651 Kila Jewels That's weird because I don't even like jewelry? o_O
    Yeah... bikes are indeed fun!
    black.friday.wrightwood.PNG

28. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    YT Jeffsy 29
    Got me some Tiger Mountain today. Thankfully it did not rain today but the trails were wet! The main DH “Off the Grid” is challenging on its own but it jumps to a whole new level with wet and slippery roots, very sketchy! Gonna take some gettin used to....

1B2DFD86-4C25-4371-A460-F6D658ACE4FD.jpeg

EB9B30AD-7333-4924-91FF-98974F4DAD0A.jpeg

doublewide, MolarM, Luis and 18 others like this.
  29. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    hill^billy
    Wow! New challenge, keeps you sharp!

Tom the Bomb, kioti, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  30. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    Super-chunkfest ride today, AZ style. The Easter Egg kept me comfy but all that mega-micro weight shifting and stop&go pedaling you do through continuous rock gardens is really taxing. I was gased at the end of our 16+ miles. But it was all smiles in the end.

BB4D77AD-39ED-4077-B450-772BBBBC796A.jpeg

5C365E9A-9251-486A-B9EF-5DA22D430D63.jpeg

F95A47A1-C01F-4820-986A-6C52ED9BFF10.jpeg

43420EAC-0928-4798-8EAC-D1AD972BF06E.jpeg

doublewide, Luis, Redman and 18 others like this.