I Rode My Bike Today...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by herzalot, Feb 17, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    2 SC and a STDM
    Nice... Be careful, though. It's addicting. :thumbsup:

I also rode Black Star today with Mtnbikej, but we waited until the temps were a little chillier... On the way up, it was warmer than I expected- 50s mostly with a dip into the 40s. At Beeks the Garmin said 43. I was overdressed for the climb, but needed the extra layers for the descent. :thumbsup:

There were a few other riders out tonight, but we were mostly alone. :thumbsup:

17 miles and 2200 feet, all in the dark...

Corona down below:
    IMG_2347.JPG

2. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '15 Giant reign advanced 1
    @Faust29 I can see my house from there !!! ;)

Mikie, LLPoolJ, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Marshal Itchy Webb again. It is always good!

Mikie, DangerDirtyD and Faust29 like this.
  4. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Hey cool Marty I gotta hit that again. looks really nice when it turns green in there.

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  5. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    4.5 miles home from work last night, 4.5 miles back in to work this morning. About 1/3 of it on dirt trails.

6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon 60%
    Follow up... head is much less fuzzy today... hooray for bike-therapy!

Mikie, Voodoo Tom and hill^billy like this.
  7. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Just nothing like it, better than a twinkie, I rode it today.IMG_2513.JPG

doublewide, Mikie, BeckTrex and 10 others like this.
  8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Maybe you should try a little hemp oil for you migraines "Run From The Cure"

9. Marty657

Marty657 Member

Name:
    Marty
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz TB2C
    I can do this one with you, just need to coordinate. Funny how not working and I still have time issues. Early mornings are best, no weekends.

Mikie likes this.
  10. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Last Saturday night Mcg & me rode our bikes in the Montrose Christmas Parade with the Angeles National Forest & my Best friend forever Smokey Bear ♡.my date for the evening :) isFB_IMG_1480953870284.jpg FB_IMG_1480953893948.jpg FB_IMG_1480953888169.jpg Thank you
    :) :)

Cisco Roots, Mikie, Marty657 and 12 others like this.
  11. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon 60%
    This was pretty unusual, I don't really suffer from headaches. Maybe three years ago I had my first migraine. Awful pain, threw up, went to sleep and was fine. Repeated that maybe once a year since then? Then this thing starting Sunday which was probably only about 80% intensity, and no vomiting. But it just lingered on, and on, and on... still have it just a little, lingering in the background.

Yep, might be time to get a medical card. Sort of reluctant as I don't want the hassle, but if it works...

Faust29, Mikie, littlewave and 2 others like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower; Revel Rail
    Uhhh, isn't it now legal if you are over 21 - without a card? Or does that not take effect until Jan. 1?

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  13. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Actual stores may not open until 2018. Get a recommendation and you don't have to pay tax for your medicine.
    Look into CBD edibles for migraine relief. Cheeba chews makes some good ones. Indica chews are great for international flights....

14. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon 60%
    Yeah, headaches now, and tax free as @rossage said!

Mikie, hill^billy and DangerDirtyD like this.
  15. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Watch the movie, pretty darn interesting! "Run From The Cure"

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I wasn't working today and a buddy needed a wheel built....so we went for a ride first. His choice was Maple Springs/Motorway from the Tree Farm.
    9:15 start and it was warmer than either of us expected. The ride up Silverado went by quickly. The paved section of Maple Springs seemed like it was twice as long today. Temps were warm in the sun, yet nice and cool in the shade. Only saw 1 other rider out there. Also no vehicles and only 2 motos.

Main Divide is getting loose again. Not silty, but loose and marbley. Motorway is getting the same way. Still a blast, but getting slippery.

Got home and built a wheel.

IMG_2234.JPG IMG_2236.JPG IMG_2237.JPG Screenshot (83).png Screenshot (84).png

mike, Mikie, rossage and 14 others like this.
  17. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    2 SC and a STDM
    Looks good! That should work nicely for him...

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  18. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Yeah I finally got out for a night ride. I love night rides, they make me feel alive ... Nothing special what we call Luge + 1. Dinged wheel felt fine... Used to ride pretty much every week not so much.. Darned work.

Luge OK. Still beat up and dry.

Weather very nice dry a bit dusty.

Screenshot_20161208-221017.png

mike, Mikie, kioti and 9 others like this.
  19. code3

code3 Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout
    I've been wanting to check out East Fence Line at CHSP and finally had the opportunity to get out and ride it and Bane Ridge today, both 1sts for me.

Fence line was a blast. The 1st two sections the trails were in pretty good shape with the exception of a tree down in the 2nd section, and a couple spots that the tumbleweeds have taken over. The third section was a different story. It was pretty ... primitative. Which isn't to say it wasn't still fun, but it really ended up taking more energy than anticipated to complete, and I had to HAB up the last hill before the descent over to Bane Canyon.

Next up was Bane Ridge. From Fence Line, it was a really easy climb up to the top and then a quick, but fun drop back to the equestrian center. There's nothing really challenging about it, but it was fun just to open it up and fly through.

Originally I planned on finishing with a short loop of telegraph to raptor ridge, but at this point I was running a little late so I had to call it a day at 18 miles and 1700'.

mike, Mikie, BeckTrex and 9 others like this.
  20. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Good to hear. Usually fence line off the Elvinar entrance is the last trail to get brushed.. Sounds like it is ridable.
    I am planning on hitting it Sunday.

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  21. code3

code3 Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout
    It should be a fun ride, I was able to clear the whole thing with the exception of the downed tree & the last hill.

You may want to wear some leg protection, or just skip the third section. I tried to clean up some of the tumbleweeds, but eventually it got to be too much so I started riding around them.

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  22. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I ran out of reasons to not try two Joplin runs in a day...

Start at Holy Jim parking, up Holy Jim, Main Divide, down Upper Joplin, Joplin, STT, Mojeska Grade, up Moj Cyn Rd, Harding TT, Main Divide, down Joplin, Cadillac, up Trabuco Creek Rd to HJ parking.

I paced myself and took many short breaks. Refilled water at Mojeska Park drinking fountain – tastes like plastic (Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary next time). The ride felt like ~38 mi and 8-9k', took 9:15 to finish. A nice day out with few users. Not sure I'll be rushing to do that ride again, but damn, what a day on the spokes. :inlove:

23. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    2 SC and a STDM
    For those on the forum who aren't familiar with the area, @mike did an absolute beast of a ride today... That's a butt kicker, with two major climbs to Main Divide. :thumbsup:

I'm embarrassed to post my little 14 mile ride, but I had fun, and used the time I had...

The Vista DH in O'Neill was recently closed and rerouted by the county. I rode it about a month ago, and it wasn't packed down, but I could see that it was going to be a riot. The previous trail wasn't really climbable. With the new design, I was able to climb it until the base of the initial drop-in at the top. Very cool... :thumbsup: As far as the DH, it's awesome! True single track, fast, flowy, with a couple tight switchbacks to keep you on your toes. I still consider it a mini-Meadows... If you're in the area, give it a try.

After dropping Vista, I thought I'd take a spin up to Hal's place. I recently discovered this little trail, and it was a blast. Until the bulldozers went through. From bottom to top. When I last rode this, it was a fun little single track that felt more like a desert trail than a little single track in south OC. It's now wide enough for a dozer, and it's completely torn up. :thumbsdown: Torn up enough that I considered just taking the abandoned road back down. But... I decided to give the "trail" a try. I ended up pedaling most of the downhill to keep momentum through the dozer tracks. :thumbsdown: The only bright spot is that others have ridden it and a new line will form... eventually.

14 miles and 1600 feet...

IMG_2350.jpg

tortoise, Cornholio, rossage and 9 others like this.
  24. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Holy Shmokes!!! :eek::confused:o_O:notworthy: :thumbsup:

mike, Voodoo Tom, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  25. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Bad ass!

rossage, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  26. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Rode the backbone trail in the Santa Monica Mountains today, with Mcg & Steve. .Thank you "I Love L.A "

20161209_130902.jpg

27. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    You were very spot on @mike 39/8900'

Ball buster of a ride. Nicely done.

rossage, mike, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  28. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    I got out for a bonus ride today. My buddy came over to get his wheel, so we went for a quick ride. Headed over to the Oaks.

Cool temps, social pace. Park wasn't very crowded. Got out just at dark.

Good times.

Screenshot (85).png Screenshot (86).png

29. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Holy s#!t !

30. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Welcome to my world - and the reason this thread was started in the first place. :thumbsup: :cool:

Want to donate to imtbtrails?