I Never Want To Hear Any of You Say You Can't......

Discussion in 'Racing' started by mtnbikej, Sep 10, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    So I was channel surfing last night and came across the ParaOlympics from Rio...

They were doing a bunch of swimming events...Amazing watching the blind swimmers do the 100m Backstroke and keep in a straight line. Amazing watching swimmers with 1 arm doing the 100m Butterfly.

Then they moved on to Track Cycling....Watched this guy in the Gold/Silver race in the 3000m Individual Pursuit. For those that do not know....track bikes are single gear, fixed gear and not brakes. The wheel turns...you are pedaling. Oh, yeah....he has as many arms as he does gears. Quite impressive.

Video:

http://www.teamusa.org/Rio-2016-Par...alympic#ooid=VqMHNzNTE6S9I0lsqhVfmUfdqPPB6j52

So I don't wanna ever hear any of you say you can't do something

HBkites, kioti, Voodoo Tom and 7 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I can't ride 10,00 feet of climbing tomorrow. Seriously - I can't. It would not be possible.

I could dedicate myself to working up to it, and that's where choice comes into the equation. I choose not to.

Paralympic athletes make us all feel like whimps, whiners and insignificant specks. They are amazing. Thanks for posting! Very inspiring!! :thumbsup:

3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I swam with a blind teammate in college. It always made me think of what I would do in that situation. He went on to be a many time medalist in paralympics and even ironman length triathlons.
    Two of my favorite moments in college were when we let him drive a team van from the pool to the hotel once, and when kn a 1650 at championsips (about a 16 minute swim race) he out touched a sighted swimmer for 6th place by less than a tenth of a second.
    Every day, they face more challenges than we do in the mountains.
    Be grateful for what we have.

HBkites, kioti, Voodoo Tom and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?