I need to brag a little....hope you guys don't mind.

Discussion in 'Gravity Junkies' started by Ricekrispyota, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    So, I don't get to do a lot of riding with my 12 year son because of the massive load of extra curricular activities he does. This weekend,we had some free time and he wanted to do some gravity stuff. "Uhhhh, Ok, lets go. I know some places."

Yesterday we hit up Snow Summit and ran in @Cornholio at the lifts while getting ready for our second run. He was cool and lead out on "Going Green" and my boy tried to keep his pace. We all did a second run down turtle trail and as mentioned in the snow summit 2107 thread, my boy took a good digger OTB.
    While my boy and I were sitting at lunch, he said "I like him. He was really nice and waited for me when I got really far behind." So to @Cornholio , thank you for riding with my son and I and thank you for leaving such a great impression on him. I hope to see you and you son up there peddlin when he get old enough.

We did a total of 7 runs yesterday, including one run down Westridge/Party Wave. My son was very nervous on that trail just cuz it was new, so he rolled all of it. Then my son fell asleep in the car on the way home.

Today, we went to a secret spot my buddy has and it was like someone kicked the bird out of the nest and said, "Well, you better learn to fly." My son surprised me more than ever and made me one proud papa. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing some quick video. He ain't perfect, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to make sure my insurance policy is paid up.

Mikie, yvettessherpa, Redman and 33 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Treasure the time with the offspring...it may change when he's into girls. :rolleyes:

Mikie, mike, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    Dang... 12 years old and he's hitting the lifts, sending the jumps and spending quality time with his pops. Good job Dana, you should be bragging.

Mikie, mike, MrGreedom and 12 others like this.
  4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    Liked, VERY much! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mikie, mike, MrGreedom and 6 others like this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Fantastic. :thumbsup: :cool: Where were those wood features?

Cool to see your son hittin it like a pro. :)

Mikie, mike, MrGreedom and 7 others like this.
  6. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    I'm not allowed to say just yet as the area is working on some stuff. Once all that gets worked out (probably in the next couple weeks) I'll put it on blast. My buddy owns the property and doesn't want to poke the beehive until some things get cleared up.

I'll just say, the trails are good for everyone who wants to push themselves a bit.

Mikie, mike, MrGreedom and 9 others like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Giddy with excitment! :) :sneaky: :thumbsup: :cool:

Mikie, mike, MrGreedom and 4 others like this.
  8. dustyyoungblood

dustyyoungblood Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dustan Baker
    Current Bike:
    Foes Mixer Trail
    Congrats on a fun day with your son.

Mikie, mike, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  9. Cornholio

Cornholio Well-Known Member

Name:
    Awesome video clips! It made my day seeing how much fun your son was having at Snow Summit, he was on my heels in some sections. I think I was talking to my wife more about my two runs with you guys than any of my solo runs telling her how cool it was to see a dad and son having a blast out there together. You've raised a nice young man, sir!

Mikie, MattB, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    It's only bragging if you're talking about yourself! You can gush about how your kid is doing awesome and exceeding all expectation. You can state how inherently awesome Cornholio is. Hell, you can even say that you get to take a little credit for your progeny turning out as well as he did. No bragging there, just a reasonable assessment ;):)

I have to brag about getting chicked by the wife yesterday... Wait, what? On the climb up! And for someone so deep in the books, she crushed the chunk going down. Sorry for the coattailing...sometimes ya just hafta brag! :cool::thumbsup:

11. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Nothing wrong this this, not one bit!!!

Mikie, mike and Danmtchl like this.
  12. brian1031

brian1031 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Brian Clive
    That's great! Elated to know that your son enjoyed it.

Mikie and mike like this.
  13. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    There are a few videos of the place on youtube already, I thought the builders released those.

Mikie likes this.
  14. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5
    winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikie likes this.
  15. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Yeah, those vids were put up by the owners about a year ago using the kids from the local mountain bike team. The park has some different features now. At the time, the trails weren't open to the public. The trails are open now and a ripping good time if you are willing to do a short pedal to the top.

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c, SC Hightower
    Hah! That is awesome! Great to see this. I hope he liked seeing the vids on the web!

17. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    SkyPark at Santa's Village (Big Bear), I'm guessing, based on all the clues. If so, is it some marketing strategy to tell people to not say the location's name?

I like how your son took the initiative, and how you responded. Too bad once he's done with junior high/middle school and high school, it'll be a miracle if he has any real curiosity left.