I love where I live!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by hill^billy, Jan 20, 2014.

1. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    hill^billy
    My evil side is telling me not to post this for obvious reasons, but please promise me if you go, to keep these trails in the fantastic condition that they are in, please don't skid them into oblivion!
    Could'nt think of a better way to spend MLK day than hit the Punch Bowl- Burkhart out and back with Maddog, he gave me the option of hitting Whrightwood hero dirt, or this new dirt ride for me, I picked new dirt. As I was getting ready for my ride this morning, I got a text from some Watson guy, which stated, " Enjoy your awesome ride today Lucky DAWG!!!!" Little did I know how right he was. Well, I had some idea cause everything in the area is HIGH QUALITY!!!! Maddog has always been my guide for this area, I call it my favorite local place to ride. Well today was for me, the best ride I've had in awhile, and I've had some pretty good ones. Only 17 miles, with 3,500 ft. of climbing, I feel the same as I did for Will-d's ride on Fri and that was 23 with 4,000 ft.,but every inch is just a great place to be, and when you know the trail system you can ride for many, many miles, they are hard, but really scenic miles though, so that does weed out this area gettin over run. Pardon my shity camera (Shud), but you will still get the picture. Pics are slowly coming.

burkhart_hb_md_10.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_9.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_8.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_7.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_6.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_5.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_4.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_3.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_2.jpg

burkhart_hb_md_1.jpg

2. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Nice! Maddog showed me that place,summer about90 degrees by 11 am . Gotta go back. Looking good maddog! Thx HB!

3. hill^billy

Name:
    hill^billy
    I've tried to post more pics but can't seem to, oh well?

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    H^B:
    1) Remember to add them to the editor window not just leave them below in the upload attachment section. They will show up in your ride report with a dotted line around them.
    2) For some reason, some are showing as sideways and upside down on both my screen at home, and at work.

EDIT: I did not realize you posted 10 pics! The Forum is currently set up for 10 attachments per post. I can up that to 20 if we want. Just not used to folks posted more than 10 like me. That's awesome H^B!

Thanks for the awesome report and pics!!!!

5. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Nothing wrong with the pics Mikie. H^B was either laying down on his side or hanging from a tree by his legs when he took those! :lol: Don't I always look good scan? ;) Nice report and great ride yesterday Dougie! Like Hot Rod said on another thread, it's fun to take a first-timer on an old familiar trail. Kinda renews the excitement for the same, old trails!

Despite a lot of hikers it was a great ride! Dougie rode about 90% of the nasty HAB. So I guess for him and other freaks of nature like Dave, it is only a 100 yards! For me, it was a mile!

6. imtbtrails

imtbtrails Guest

I've done Punchbowl a bunch, and some of Burkhart. Would like to get back up there and do more. Both are a blast!

7. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Maddog, that pic if you sitting looks like you're thinking "whadya lookin at?" Or "you wanna piece of me?". Yeah when Hb was hanging from a tree he was still clipped in right?

8. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Yeah when Hb was hanging from a tree he was still clipped in right?[/quote]

:lol: You betcha! He hit a rock and endoed off a steep switchback and spun through the air only to be caught by a tree branch through his rear triangle! There he was hangin' out like a vampire bat and all he wanted to do was take a picture! Just after he clicked the pic, the branch broke and he flipped off the tree landing rubber side down at the exit of the next switchback and just kept on ridin' with a big grin on his face and a large, brown stain on his shorts! Stayed clipped in the whole time ;)

9. scan

scan Well-Known Member

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Crazy,that guy isn't human,or it's the pump insanity,lol.
    Hb you are the man! (almost like scan)

10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yah! Pump Insanity! H^B is hooked! :D You ARE da Man Dougie!! :shock:

11. hill^billy

Name:
    hill^billy
    Lol! Really it's the SB, like a cat, always lands rubber side down. Scan is always the man buy the way!
    Yah, I'm baffeled over these pics. I can't do a ride report from my I-pad because it won''t let me load a pic, so I have to do the ride report from my phone. When I look at the ride report on my I-pad, the pics are all upright, on the PC they are wacky. Next time I will do the report from my PC but first I have to research pic tranfer from my I-phone or I-pad dameet!

12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Hey Buddy. Should be nothing more than a USB cable attached from your phone to your computer to download the pics...

13. hill^billy

Name:
    hill^billy

I was thinking more along the lines of an ELITEST!

14. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    I was thinking more along the lines of an ELITEST![/quote]

That's it! I was actually thinking; "You may NOT approach the throne"

15. El Immigrante

El Immigrante Member

Name:
    Montalvo