Hip Socket

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Stkx66, Jun 8, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    Yesterday I stretched my leg out sideways in deep sand racing an Enduro out in Lucerne Valley with Courtney. I had what could be described as a " cold " sort of pain in my hip area as a result of my bike sliding sideways and my boot dragging in the deep sand. I was able to ride back to our truck where I was helped off my bike. Friends loaded our truck. Courtney drove us home. We swapped vehicles and Courtney drove me to Long Beach Memorial. My wife avoiding hospitals fearing Covid 19 stayed home. X Rays revealed no broken bones but I do have subchondral sclerosis ( arthritic hips ) common for someone my age. I was pretty much was kicked out of the ER. My hip/ leg feels sloppy this morning. Loose. Like nothing is holding my leg in place. I'll be slow for a bit but the good news is mountain bike riding is good for the hips and joints! Time will tell. P.S. Courtney had to wait outside in the parking lot while I was being looked at in the ER.

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Liked but not liked... :(
    Were you on Moto's?
    Getting old sucks and I find that Mountain Bikes (although not the fountain of youth) certainly slows down the aging process for me.
    I take stuff for my joints (as oppose to @rossage who just takes joints) that really helps with joint arthritis. If you want, I can get you what I use. I get it from Costco.
    Ross? Probably some back alley...
    Feel better my friend!

3. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Motorcycles. Yes.
    I do take Glucosamine from time to time. I'm hoping to not lose to much mountain bike seat time here- that a few days laying low will make the discomfort go away.

herzalot, mtnbikej, mike and 4 others like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Yeah... Hopefully you bend back into shape pretty quickly. It sounds like you were trying to play Stretch Armstrong with your leg. We just don't snap back as quickly at this age...

herzalot, mtnbikej, mike and 3 others like this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Sorry to hear about this Steve. Hang in there.

mike, Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No bueno, Steve. I've had a small version of what you got – painful and temporarily debilitating.

Be good to yourself, have patience. You'll be back soon.

7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hot Dawg Steve!
    I had Cathy Text me over a pic of what I use. I have been through several to find one that works. This one works very well for me.
    liquid.jpg
    @Stkx66

Walleye, herzalot, mtnbikej and 6 others like this.
  8. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Some back alley, with a slick website

https://thehighnote.com/

I also get delivery, to the trailhead no less.

mtnbikej, Faust29, mike and 3 others like this.
  9. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Thanks Mikie!

Mikie, mtnbikej and Danmtchl like this.
  10. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I googled it just for GP since I'd never seen liquid glucosamine and it's very popular on Vitamin Shoppe and Amazon as well, 4.5+ stars on both sites as well as Costco. I read the first 10 reviews on the Costco website and people using it are truly amazed at their results, saving them from surgery, etc...numerous people use it for their older dogs as well.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?