High School Mountain Bike Race leagues

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Mikie Robin Mcguire, Mar 30, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    This weekend the So Cal. High schools had its MTBike High school race at Castaic Lake recreation area. With over 60 high school league's & Over 600! dedicated High School Mountain biker's, Amazing Coach's, Parents, Volunteers that put together this event.It was just so awesome to be there and to see the future of Mtbiking. . And to support the sport we all love. Thank you! . Thank you! Wished they had this when I was in school.
    Nice to see you there Doug e3c3b36bc602a2cfba19347255bb0f45.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427746223973.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427746231968.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427746238619.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427746250155.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427746259169.jpg

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Re: High School Mountain Bike Race leagues

Aren't those races a blast!!!

Was out there for the middle school race on Saturday... what an amazing field of kids!!!

The heat and the 2.5 hr drive up the 210 did in my 7th grader, but he finished!

My pics from the day: https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=relevance&user_id=64942209@N00&view_all=1&text=castaic

I can't praise the SoCal Dirt organizers enough... what a good race they put on!

And the fields are deep out there! It's grown huge since it's inception just a few years ago!!!

Anyone else have kids out there???

3. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin

Congratulations! on your sons finish.. yes it's a blast. . And how fantastic to see this happen to Mountain biking. .to watch the kids do the races is awesome of all ages and sizes. .The Coaches the parents , Volunteers. & Matt G .in only 6yrs.. We totally support the Mountain bike High school league's since the beginning. Your photos are great!. .thank you!

uploadfromtaptalk1427764056546.jpg

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR

At a fictional high school in the middle of some great MtB territory, it is rumored that none of the kids has an interest in XC racing. Those who ride, prefer the dark side. The rest are too cool for bikes. I am glad to see this league thriving in other locations.

:clap:

5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Totaly thriving! Could not belive how serious one of the teams were with there equipment, I think it was a private school. The hole team had those stationary warm up things you put the bike up on and all warming up together, great to see. Very cool to experience for my first time. Very much family orientated,of which we need in this world. Oh how I wish they had this in my day! I think I may not have been a drop out.

Nice to see you guys Mikie and Robin!

6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals

Jeeeeez...in 1978 I took BOWLING as an elective. Why didn't they offer MTBing???? Who needed driver's ed? :roll:

7. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one

Well bummer, this is like a mile from my house and I missed it :(

8. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay

AKAKTM ( Tony) and Rodney both have kids on the team from SCV.

9. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

The local high school team in Julian had kids in the Death March last year. I had the chance to talk to a few of them, and ride with their coach for a few miles. They were all great... And I hope to see them out there again this year!

The Pioneertown ride this weekend benefits the SoCal High School League... It would be great to see many IMTBers out there. :)

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?