Hello All

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Toxicmoto713, Jul 12, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Toxicmoto713

Toxicmoto713 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer
    New to the forum, looking to meet people that love to ride as much as I do. It looks like most of you ride O. C, I've never been over there, I'm from fall Brook and have mostly ridden 215 (the nursery) in murrieta and I'm at snow Summit every weekend, looks like I need to spread my wings a little and head north west!

dustyyoungblood, Luis, scan and 7 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welcome Joe - sounds like you ride all the fun stuff!

IMTB is very cool, however you will find most of the prolific posters are more fans of the long grind than the speedy downs. That's OK, we can use more of you (us)!

I need to come down your direction and sample all of the good stuff around Murrieta and Temecula.

See you out there!

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Welcome......

A lot of us are in the OC, however a large number of members are from even farther north.

Was up at Snow Summit 2 weeks ago....however we didn't go near the lifts.

We have every type here...so chances are you'll find someone to ride with.

We usually recommend checking out the Trailhead forum for ride invites, as well as the "I Rode My Bike Today" thread and the Ride Reports forum. Those will give you a pretty good idea of what it's like here.

Ride lots....post lots. Don't lurk.

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Welcome! :thumbsup:

Toxicmoto713 and Mikie like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    YES!
    Welcome @Toxicmoto713 ...
    Welcome to our slice of mtb heaven Brothah!
    We are indeed a passionate group about mountain biking.
    I'm not the furthest North, but close. I'm up in the Frazier Park area off Interstate 5.
    But then again, I started this mess.

All said above is great advice.
    Participate makes the forum go 'round. But making those wheels go around is more important.
    Ride Lot's Write Lots!

Hope to meet you on the trails...

Mikie
    imtbtrails

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Love to ride as much as you do...

Welcome, Joe! :cool::thumbsup:

Toxicmoto713 and Mikie like this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Fallbrook is just across the Santa Anas from us here behind the Orange Curtain. All you have to do is ride over them and we'll see you. :cool:

Heck, @mtnbikej , @Faust29 , @mike , and maybe even I would meet you half way. Say, up on Santiago Peak...:eek:

8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Welcome!! Gonna have to show me some trails in your area!!

herzalot and Toxicmoto713 like this.
  9. Toxicmoto713

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer
    Any time! I am kinda limited to the weekends or evenings, I'm definitely wanting to get out and ride some new stuff as well. The ride is usually worth the drive!

10. Toxicmoto713

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer
    Yeah any time! Murrieta (215) is a fun place to put in a couple hours has a good mix of ups and downs, nice loops so not much repeating same trails

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  11. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Welcome noob! now STFU! jk!

maybe someday you can show some of us around those 215 trails. I've heard there a barrel of fun!

herzalot, Mikie and Toxicmoto713 like this.
  12. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Welcome from the other side of the mountain! I don't get over your way very often except for the occasional race in Temecula. Although I have ridden the X-Trails (?) with another member who lives over that way... @CarlS .

Mikie and Toxicmoto713 like this.
  13. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Welcome, once it cools down I want to hit the nursery! Looks rad..

Mikie likes this.
  14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Joe, I'd be interested in checking out your local trails. If a person was so inclined, he could put up a ride here: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/forums/trailhead.3/ :cool: I reckon it should be an early start this time of year...

What kind of trails ya stalking?

In CNF OC side we have a few flowy runs with some chunk, but also some steep dirt riding and remote ridge riding on scrappy, loose trails with some HAB. All of it has some type of challenge. I can put together an outing based on whatever, but there are a few standards over here that you have to put on your list: San Juan, Trabuco Creek, Holy Jim, Upper Holy Jim, Joplin, the Luge, Silverado Motorway. There are others, some more off the beaten path with more effort required; some drop into the Riverside Co. side.

This time of year more people keep near the beach – Aliso & Wood Canyon, Crystal Cove SP, Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. But a good contingent of us inlanders hit the Santa Anas all year long. Monitor the official Trailead invites, and also this thread: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/im-gonna-ride-somewhere.5198/page-28 (where more the spontaneous and less conformist riders hook up).

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

mtnbikej, herzalot, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  15. Toxicmoto713

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer
    Thanks for the info, I have ridden San Juan but haven't heard of the others, you know I'm really open to all kinds, if I'm hitting stuff multiple times I'll lean towards the fast flowy stuff but I also love a good technical challenge up and down. I'm definitely riding this weekend so I'll check these links and/or post up something in this area, I'll probably do an early ride tomorrow at murrieta 215/nursery.
    "hope to see you all on the trails soon"

mike, herzalot, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  16. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Excellent! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna put up a Holy Jims ride for this weekend. It's a great Santa Anas primer – high % of ST (or add 5 miles x2 of dirt road to/from the TH from pavement). Upper Holy Jim is a short blast of technical riding with chunk, switchbacks and DG. Holy Jim is a fast and fun 5 miles with switchbacks and creek crossings. I can't think of a higher quality outing out here. Requires a 6+ mile climb to get to the top of Upper Holy Jim, not too far from the summit of Saddleback (Santiago Peak).

Early start time will be mandatory; like to finish before 10am. Let me know if you have a preference between Sat or Sunday. No worries if you can't make it. Wifers might be down for a slow climb, or I'll gleefully run it solo. All IMTBT hooligans welcome to join, of course...

Toxicmoto713 and DangerDirtyD like this.
  17. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    dang, was in Murrieta for a few days recently but didn't drag my bike along. Will ping next time I go down there again.

Went to The Baked Bear ice cream joint and the line was 30 deep at 9:30pm.

Toxicmoto713 likes this.
  18. Toxicmoto713

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer
    Sunday would be best for me. To be honest with you I'm not sure my fitness is up to par right now, I've been riding Snow Summit too much these last couple months, is that Six Mile climb brutal? I'm totally down but I don't want to slow you down too much

mike likes this.
  19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Cool, I'll toss the ride up for Sunday.

The HJ climb is the easiest way to get to Main Divide Rd (spine of the range), and it's mostly ST. With an early start much of the climb will be shaded. I would not worry about being an anchor, Joe. Wife has been on her bike only sporadically recently, so the pace will be very casual with breaks along the way. Some nice views to gawk at. Bring a head net if you have one; black flies can be annoying in a couple of areas. Check the TH invite for more info... :thumbsup:

SnakeCharmer and Redman like this.