Happy Thanksgiving you Turkeys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CBone, Nov 21, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Seriously, this forum is a lot of fun. Thanks for putting up with my stupid comments. I really enjoy the good-natured ribbing that goes on here. Thanks to @Mikie for promoting a fun atmosphere where people don't take things too seriously.
    Those of you lucky enough to ride have a fun and safe one.
    I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I have every one of my kids, their spouses, and grandkids here so I will be spending the day with them. Priorities. I don't know when we will all be in one place again.
    Prayers to all those who have been affected by the fires.
    And, to anyone reading this who is passing through a difficult time right now. Your imtbtrails family cares about you. Reach out if it will help.

Poofighter, Oaken, mtnbikej and 21 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That is awesome Tucker! Thanks for your kind thoughts. I too have a lot to be thankful for - family, health, job/career, community...

And thank you all you Hooligans and Hooligals for the atmosphere and attitudes of this little forum. And thank YOU captain @Mikie for putting your heart and soul into this fun little nuthouse. :thumbsup:

3. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving!
    If you're alone and need a turkey dinner, send me a pm.
    Always room at the table on Thanksgiving.

4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Yes, it's a great Thanksgiving. I just spent a few days with my youngest and her beau in God's Country, and both of my offspring will be at our abode tomorrow, along with the grandkids. I am truly blessed. Happy T-day to all you hooligans. :thumbsup:

5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Happy Thanksgiving people!

6. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! :D

7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    6F7CE5B3-7091-4002-98AE-6E602D341C26.jpeg
    These are crazy times. Our Country is polarized with a lot of division. You, me, all of Us, we need a place to unwind and get away from all of that. Thanks Tucker for kicking off the annual Thanksgiving Thread. We have a lot to be thankful for!

imtbtrails is about mountain biking or, is it? Many of you may be rolling your eyes right now saying, “No duh Mikie, that’s pretty obvious.” But what if I told you it really ain’t about mountain biking. What if I told you that, that just happens to be the common denominator amongst people of all backgrounds who happen to be invested in mountain biking to more or lesser degree?

You see there are lots of places to talk about mountain biking, but I would like to believe this is a family of people that happen to love the sport of mountain biking.

I’ve said it before but I will say it one more time. Mountain biking is like Rock and Roll. It does not see race, gender, color, religion, or age. It doesn’t care about your background, it is all accepting, so we need to be all accepting of each other.

Thanksgiving...
    I’m thankful that my God is graceful and merciful towards me and got me through a rough time with a tree on McGill Trail. I’m thankful that all of you accept me for who I am, and for the overwhelming support through that. Thankful that this place continues to slowly grow, and that through all the crazy and some very tough threads this year we have all been forgiving. I’m thankful for a very awesome wife who understands my passion for this sport and encourages me to get out there with all of you! I’m so thankful for such a diversity of imtbfamily that brings such a variety to this place.

I hope that those who watch and check this place out from afar join up and chime in. Yes, you are value added, please join us!

Let’s take the time to enjoy whatever definition of family we have before us on Thanksgiving Day, put aside politics, and any obstructions and love on folks for being ... folks.

Thanks @rossage , thanks for opening up your home to anyone. Let no one be alone on Thanksgiving. Anyone is certainly welcome to drive to Canada and spend time at the Watson Ranch, just pm me for directions.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    ;)Gobble Gobble Hooligans!

Mikie

8. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mtnbikej, Danmtchl, Cornholio and 8 others like this.
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Though today is a good day for a reality check, my lass and I are thankful every day we live. These are the glory days. We know that. So, every day is a cherished jewel to be savored.

Shower the people you love with love. Show them the way that you feel. And give goodwill toward all. Happy Thanksgiving!

10. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I'm thankful for my family and friends and this little home away from home. Gonna get a quick ride in then pursue a food coma. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    bitmoji-20181122052815.png

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    All right, I admit it. I got a little misty eyed reading the posts so far. And I'm sure more will trickle in throughout the day... :thumbsup:

As far as my blessings? I'm thankful things are moving forward... Sometimes we still drop a tire onto the shoulder, and there are a lot of potholes, but we're moving forward. Forward is good... And if I didn't have a few of you to spout off to, I'd probably go nuts.

Yeah IMTB group therapy! You guys are good people... :thumbsup:

12. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I agree with Steve...”imtbtrails group therapy”
    You are all awesome and I hope you have a super blessed day!:inlove::inlove::inlove:
    There is always, always, always something to be thankful for:thumbsup:

FDD05137-DB3B-4751-983C-7344BC4680EC.png

13. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Amen to that Tucker! Thanks for posting!

Faust29, Danmtchl, Cornholio and 7 others like this.
  14. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Thank you to everyone here for making this little slice of heaven the best place it can be. Thank you for putting up with my crazinessess. Thank you for sharing the details of your experiences on and off two wheels and thank you for the wonderful pictures which are especially important to me. Thank you for the fun videos and thank you for sharing your knowledge. Thank you for all of the help you have offered and continue to offer. Thank you for the pleasant suprises and thank you for the humor. But most of all, thank you to each and every one of you for just being you. :inlove:

15. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Very thankful for the life I have had and will have in the future good or bad. Thankful that my son has followed his heart and not what society pressured him into doing. Thankful that I found a wonderful life partner, My Wife. As I have aged Holidays mean very little. I do my best to be appreciative everyday. Be thankful everyday don't wait to be reminded by a date on the calender. Off to chow some Denny's then on to Sedona to spend the day riding with my boy. Life is good!

16. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Thankful for what we have knowing it could always be worse, enjoy the day

46513251_10215401688853629_3646548335201878016_n.jpg

17. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Wow I slept in with the window open just taking in the fresh post rain air and then woke up to this thread:thumbsup:. Happy thanksgiving y’all.

18. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all. Have a blessed day. Make sure to ride off those calories tomorrow.
    I'm not a turkey.jpg

19. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Got a delivery yesterday.
    Contains a ride for tomorrow... IMG_20181122_101310.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm thankful... :)

20. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    I'm very thankful for this life and the people whom I am surrounded by, and this site is a blessing to have w/ many of the members posting from RR, trail head invites, and funny smack talk always brings a smile to my face I've met good people here and always know this is a great place to visit.
    Have a fun and safe Thanksgiving you guys and gals" your friend Albert.

21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Thanks to all of you for being cool people who clearly have a passion for living life. I need to meet more of you guys and go on more group rides as well. Thankfully it’s getting easier with my kids growing out of baby stages.

I’d also like to thank @LLPoolJ for his avatar, an inspiration for me to get into speedo shape over the winter. :thumbsup:

I really do have a lot to be thankful for and I try hard not to take it for granted. Happy Thanksgiving all!

22. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and hope you have a great day with your friends and family. Did the annual club pie ride this morning to be able to chow down later on.5521678E-C069-486D-A3CC-8E6AE4B4AD75.jpeg

23. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I'm thankful Mikie didn't run me off the first day i was here. :unsure:

I'm thankful Mikie still hasn't run me off. :)

Met lots of good peeps here.....mostly. :sneaky:

Thanks y'all and happy turkey day. Now let's eat burgers.

24. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
  25. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I wanna know what’s in the Dahm box! I also want to know why it says:
    QTY : 1 PCE
    The day before we’re doing the... PCE?

I want answers.

26. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    OK now @Mikie, slow down, take a deep breath. I know you bumkins are easily confused.
    The box contains 1 P C E, not an actual something you could hold, like a rock.
    Get it?

Geez, if you gotta explain it...

27. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    We had our second Thanksgiving dinner of the week tonight. Im stuffed!

28. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Joe is usually part of my pre-ride ritual... :thumbsup:

Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 3 others like this.
  29. ULEWZ

ULEWZ Member

Name:
    Lew
    Current Bike:
    2015 Intense Tracer Pro Carbon
    I did a search of 53605 and found the answer: https://coder.aapc.com/cpt-codes/53605

30. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Happy thanksgiving y’all.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?