Guerrilla Gravity, Denver CO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike, Jan 30, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

Very cool that it's all that you expected, and a bag o' Chips!

2. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    That is a formidable weapon, for sure. As an aside, do you mind if I ask how much you weigh (pm would be fine of course)? We're on the same shock, but different spring rate, so just curious.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I thought the raw finish on Smash #1 was about the best looking bike around... I'm not so sure now with the black. :thumbsup:

Danmtchl, Voodoo Tom and mike like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Has anyone mentioned what a good looking bike that is?

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'd make it my wallpaper, but that would be kinda creepy.

DangerDirtyD, Cyclotourist and mike like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    :thumbsup: Matt, I'm ~160 without trail stuff.

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    The black has grown on me big time, especially with the stealthy decals. It's so heavy metal. Raw will always have a place in my heart, tho...

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Why? I have you in that salmon shirt as my wallpap.... ohhh, ummm I see now. :oops:

9. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Good lookin' bike Mike! Glad you're liking the ride too

DangerDirtyD, mike and Cyclotourist like this.
  10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

11. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Update on my inbound Trail Pistol from GG: "We have a frame with your name on it that will be getting decaled tomorrow. If all goes to plan, we should have it shipped no later than the middle of next week."

"According to plan" has been a moving target, but this sounds like light at the end of the tunnel (and I don't begrudge their high demand).

DangerDirtyD, mike, UPSed and 5 others like this.
  12. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Great!
    Sounds like it's finally coming together.

The size 2 production had been delayed until end of this month .
    So.... When I get one who knows .

13. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam

It saddens me immensely that they don’t have a size 5 :(. I think the 4 is a bit smaller than the prior XL

DangerDirtyD, mike, Danimal and 2 others like this.
  14. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Another delay with my bike build, but self imposed this time. Maybe too much time, and too much thinking, but it will be distinctly MINE when it finally gets here. Decided to try an I9 wheel set just to do something different than the DT Swiss on my Smash. I like what I've read, and that they're based where I done grow'd up (mountains of NC). Frame is decaled, and final assembly and shipment was due to happen end of this week, or early next, but with the last minute change and doing a custom color on the wheels looks like it's going to be another 3 weeks or so. I also made the change last week to go with the Pistola treatment, though it only changes rear travel from 120 to 125 in the Revved TP.

15. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    What's involved in the pistola treatment? Is it included in the original cost, or considered extra?

DangerDirtyD and mike like this.
  16. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    It just increases the stroke of the rear shock from 120mm to 125. In the alloy version I think it went to 130, so it basically served as a hack for those that wanted something right in the middle of a TP and Smash. With the revved bikes it seems to be a more subtle change. Some increase the fork as well, but I wasn't interested in the complexities of the forks I'd have to choose from in order to go from 130 to 140, as GG doesn't offer a 140 Pike. The change is rear shock is not an additional cost. At least not in keeping the same shock, just with a different stroke, as I did.

17. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I was wondering about a pistola version.
    Nice to know it's an option, even if subtle.
    Was also thinking if the pike was available in 140. But on the fence for dork travel, but take want the new pike.

It's taking long enough where I'm having second thoughts on a new bike, and might it it off. Especially seeing as I now need a new A/C unit.
    However, when I mention to the wife I'm going to put off the bike she gets very forceful and insists I buy it. :sneaky:

18. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    My very limited understanding is that there is a 140 Pike, but the particulars of GG's relationship with SRAM means they only get the 130 version to supply as an OEM option on their complete bikes.

Bummer to hear that you're reconsidering. But I can definitely identify with the mental gymnastics that take place in large space between placing an order and receiving a bike. Sorry to hear about the AC unit.

DangerDirtyD, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    @buggravy, it's cool that you'll be able to enjoy that nice wheelset on either one of your bikes.

I reckon GG now has the fork-travel void between their long- and short-stay bikes at 140. I understand why. I also understand that, where/how I've been riding, 140 is one extremely useful 29er fork on a FS or even a HT.

20. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Just so I’m not painting the wrong picture, you can get a 140 fork from GG on the trail Pistol. Just not the Pike. From memory I think the MRP Ribbon and Cane Creek Helm are available in 140. I just wasn’t interested in all the adjustments they offer, and presumably the fiddling they might require. I think simplicity is probably a greater friend to me than travel at this point.

21. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Got ya, Matt. A Pistola C with a 140...sounds totally dreamy to me. If I was set on Pike I'd consider getting the air shaft and having it installed during its first regular service. Motivation to put some hours on it, hehe. But I would not hesitate on a Ribbon. I'm really hoping to build up something like that for my lass when the time comes.

22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Smart wife! :thumbsup:

(Tell her I forgot all about the wedding dress tag). :whistling:

DangerDirtyD, mike and Danimal like this.
  23. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Well poking around on the Rockshox website to see if the 130 can be changed to the 140, it says in their service manual page 27 that changing the air spring with the appropriate length air shaft. :thumbsup::)
    https://www.sram.com/sites/default/...l_2019-2020_pike_revelation_english_rev_a.pdf

24. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Thanks for that. I actually ended up going a different direction, and switched to a DPX2 (Pistola stroke) and 36 fork. This bike needs to get here fast so I stop throwing money at it.

25. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Cyclotourist and mike like this.
  26. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Considering what you did to the rear wheel on your new bike's maiden voyage and from what others say about you, you'll want to CRUSH.

Yep, you have a "reputation"... :laugh:

27. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Plush for everything, all day. Very little bob climbing, unreal traction on steppy climbs. Obvious benefits DH.

I tried Crush, just a little too firm with my spring and weight, and the terrain here. I think where you are with your spring/weight is key to how effective the chip will be in either position. And obviously what feels good. The alum Smash demos were set up in Plush. I lost weight since specing the spring, I can tell by my shock sag, so firming it up is the opposite of what I need. Check out both settings and see, easy on the trail with your 6mm hex key. :thumbsup:

herzalot, rossage, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  28. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Plushly:

62CB3875-94DC-4B49-8F5A-DDFCC59A2562.jpeg

I haven’t tried crush yet, no need so far.

knucklebuster, mike, herzalot and 7 others like this.
  29. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Thank you gentlemen for your input. A GG rep steered me toward a 600- to 650-pound spring and actually recommended an air shock with volume spacers for my weight. As much as I’d like to lose a few pounds, I like to drink beer and eat tacos. The solution: pedal a heavier bike to make the limited ride time count. I installed a 600-pound spring and will loop a local trail in both modes to dial her in. Sound advice @mike on the torque.

SnakeCharmer, Danimal, mike and 5 others like this.
  30. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    I
    Im using a 500 I think and weigh same as you. It’s spot on so far, but maybe I don’t ride fast enough. I have an air shock too but haven’t tried it yet.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?