Grizzly 100, anyone here done it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marvin Lee, Jun 9, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Marvin Lee

Marvin Lee Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Marvin Lee
    Current Bike:
    Evil Offering, Evil Insurgent
    http://bbvrace.com/

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I am considering signing up to attempt to finish the 100K ride.

Anyone here done this?

mountaingirl sara and Faust29 like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I believe @SS Barby has done it. On a singlespeed.
    Paging John...

Edit: Okay, just checked with John. He did not and has been wanting to do it. Carry on!
    Double Edit: I think @mtnbikej has ridden this event... J?

3. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    Marvin Lee, if this event is going to happen this year I plan to do it myself. Last year around the time of the event I hadn't ridden for a while so decided not to complete. It looks like a good event and have spoken with others that have completed but they are not part of the forum. IT contains some epic trails to include Skyline and SART. I have heard the only bummer is the climb back to Big Bear from SART on Radler fire road.

4. Marvin Lee

Marvin Lee Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Marvin Lee
    Current Bike:
    Evil Offering, Evil Insurgent
    Reason for the question is, other than Summit, not really familiar with Big Bear trails. Wanted a general understanding on what the trails are like. I plan on doing it on a steel hardtail project bike I am currently working on. This event and the bike is definitely out of my norm MTB experiences. Also, while I consider myself in decent shape, I would need to begin some type of conditioning program now to give myself a chance to finish it.

Thanks.

5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  6. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    I have done the 70.
    I might do the 100 one day.
    Traditionally the race date is the last weekend of September and I'm not sure I want to have dead-legs on my birthday (9/30).
    The year that I finished the 70 I realized at the finish line that I should have singed up for the 100.

BTW, the race entry fee is not cheep (but the reststop sure look like the event have no budget).

7. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    IF I get to do it this year I will be doing it on a steel hardtail myself. Depending on my condition at that time will decide whether I do it singlespeed or geared. Probable SS because I will also do the Wrightwood 50 on my singlespeed.

8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I've never done this one... mainly because the times never worked out. Like SS-Barby says above, though, there is always the Wrightwood 50 to consider... If you really want to suffer. Ride reports on the forum.

I believe @Sidewalk has also done the Big Bear race. But he rides at mach Schnell crazy speeds...

mountaingirl sara, mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  9. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    That's movin:Roflmao!

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?