Gerry shorts...

Discussion in 'Shorts' started by mtbMike, Jun 21, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Nope! I'm like a hypodermic needle full of dope, ready to inject....

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I have a noseless saddle. Problem solved. :p

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    That's not a "real" saddle.... is it?

4. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I might try these, good dual purpose for riding and hiking.
    Just need to find a decent liner to go with

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  5. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    So after seeing a table of these at the Costco in Asuza, for only $12, i picked up a couple pairs.

Paired with the coop liners i got from REI, it gives me a short/liner system for less than $25. Not bad.

Given the price, I can't really complain. Fit is more true to size than many other shorts I've tried. Same as my dockers alphas for reference. I find them a little short in the seat to waist, but not so much that it's a discomfort. Material is great, seems stretchy and cool. And the cinching belt on one side is way better than the snaps on my rangers (limited adjustment) or the velcro on my dakines.

My biggest complaint is the pockets. My phone is big, 6.41", but it does fit in the side pocket. I just really wish the pocket had a zipper... I would rather not have to worry about constantly checking to see if it's there. The one ride I went on was not bad, but that was a bike path with my kid. If I was moving around, hitting rougher stuff I would be way more concerned. There is a cargo pocket with a zipper, but way to small for a "modern" phone.

But hey , for $12 bucks I can live with it.

6. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Need to ditch the Phablet. Phones have gotten too large IMO. I may get me some of those shorts though!!

Danmtchl, -ROCKY- and Mikie like this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I have been using these for a while now during the winter riding months. For not being a "Baggy" fan, these work pretty well. They do on occasion get caught on the front of the saddle, but that is mostly because of low riding them. o_O I like the built in adjustable belt that helps to cinch them on so they don't low ride. Also like the zippered back pocket. Even if I leave my wallet in there and zip it up it never gets in the way of the saddle. I just wear Pearl Izumi lycra under them. After a year of using them, if I saw them in Costco again I would buy several more pairs. Be nice to get something other than black!

Danmtchl, -ROCKY- and Derkderkall like this.
  8. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Oh these are all me, I hope I can find some!!! :geek:

9. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    IMG_20190325_180321.jpg
    Are these them? They're under a different name.... :confused:

Edit: No they are not them, but I bet they're real similar.

Danmtchl, Mikie and mtbMike like this.
  10. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I bought (3) more pairs of the Gerry shorts (future proofing) when they came out again a few weeks back at our local Costco. For the price, it's a no brainer to me. I also picked up a pair of the Weathertech's that Rocky posted above. I plan on wearing them a daily shorts vs biking shorts but haven't worn them yet. Still trying top decide if they are long enough.

Danmtchl, Mikie and -ROCKY- like this.
  11. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Yes!!! I need to try them on. I won't wear short shorts. Last weekend I found my dickies caught on my portable air pump while riding, that sucked. I noticed no one mounts a pump there, (seat tube) I'm guessing this is why. :confused:

12. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Gerry shorts are back at Costco this week, at least in Prescott. They are still $14.99. They changed the texture this year and they are lighter as well. The huge bummer for me is they removed the side pocket that was on your left thigh which had a zipper closure so I used it to carry a $20 bill, credit card and ID on every ride. I actually like all the changes but the pocket removal might be a deal breaker for me.

Derkderkall and scan like this.