Garageworks disappointment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricekrispyota, Sep 1, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    So, about a month ago I recommended Garageworks in Oceanside to a buddy for a shock rebuild. When he got it back (the first time) they had used an unknown tool to force the shock bushings in, crimping the bushing so much that he couldn’t get the shock bolt through it, and gauged the shock body really bad. He called up and they had him send it back so they could fix the issues. When he got it back, they had forced shock bolts into place and my buddy now can’t get them out. We have plans to do Cannell on the 13th, so we will see if that happens.

Did garageworks change ownership or something?

DangerDirtyD and mike like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I thought Garageworks moved from Irvine to Oceanside about 8 years ago. Steve De La Cruz was the owner/chief mechanic then if I recall correctly. He did some work on my suspension and did a great job - but that was a long time ago.

DangerDirtyD, mike and Mikie like this.
  3. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    That’s what i meant. Oceanside. For whatever reason, I always revert back to Irvine. Thanks.

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for the heads up.

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  5. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I used them about 6 years ago and had great results. I couldn’t of had a better experience.

Sorry about your issue. I hope they make it right.

For some reason I want to say the original owner moved to Utah or something. Maybe new ownership?

Ricekrispyota, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  6. Maderas84

Maderas84 Member

Name:
    Andres
    Current Bike:
    Ibis, Pivot & Santa Cruz
    Advanced Dynamics in Glendale. Owner is Travis. Impeccable reputation for service, rebuilds and custom tuning. You’ll never go anywhere else.

DangerDirtyD, herzalot, mike and 2 others like this.