FS: Wedgewood 40" Vintage Stove

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cyclotourist, May 4, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Kinda' OT, but thought I would throw it out here. This came out of our kitchen when we remodeled last year. I think it is probably a 1959 model as that is when the previous remodel was done. Meticulously cleaned by my daughter who gets all proceeds! Burners and griddle work great. Stove & broiler are fine, but oven door needs springs replaced as it doesn't seal up tight. No idea on the clock or light, as the cord is frayed and we didn't have it plugged in. Pilot light on it, so doesn't need electricity to ignite. I'd like to get $300 for it, but ??? Tell a friend!

51138627296_d32b971465_b.jpg

51138627376_0310aae683_b.jpg

SS Barby, ~JB~, Danmtchl and 12 others like this.
  2. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Sold! Dude is going to basically rebuild the whole thing. Will be pretty sweet!!!

Danmtchl, Stkx66, bvader and 5 others like this.
  3. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    There are 7 pilots on that bad boy coming off one common line so you can't shut off any you don't want. The springs haven't been available for decades but you can jerry rig some new ones. Forget it if the hinges are shot, which they may be. I know cuz I was an appliance tech way back and I had a similar Wedgewood for 35 yrs until we moved. Cooks great though. Should be able to rewire it if necessary.

4. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    So cool!!!

Antique Stove Heaven in LA specializes in restoring them.

https://www.antiquestoveheaven.com/

This is ours 1940s my wife's childhood friends grandma now our :) for 20 years we love it. Wife bakes in it all the time

Picture doesn't come close to do it justice

PXL_20210102_235526751.jpg

Perhaps I shouldn't tell you what he will get for it totally refurbed, but it will take a ton of work. It'll make somebody happy.

SS Barby, ~JB~, mtbMike and 6 others like this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    The pilots are one of the main reasons I got a new one. They made the kitchen so hot it was ridiculous. There was a little screw that could turn off the griddle which we never used and the right side which we arbitrarily turned off. So is just the left side and the stove. But still! Yeah I dug in to the sides and the two springs on each side were snapped. I think the hinges are okay???

That's a good looking one! We felt long and hard about keeping and refurbishing versus getting a new one. In the end we wanted more burners and a larger oven. The guy works in the machine shop, so he has good intentions for tearing it down and rebuilding it. I wish him the best!

Here's the replacement which we're happy with. A 48" would have been nice, but it's a small kitchen.
    50688238412_da322bf692_b.jpg

SS Barby, mtnbikej, mtbMike and 5 others like this.
  6. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Yeah newer stove / ovens super nice.

Lovely kitchen!

7. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    What did you end up getting for it?

I have the exact same model and have been considering something newer. It works, but we have a digital gauge we keep a close eye on- the oven temp is fairly inconsistent.

8. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Yes, the oven was all over the place! We made it work, but it was a bit of a hassle. We have a Breville counter top oven we did and do most of our baking in anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, we got the straight $300 for it. Would have asked more if the oven springs were replaced. Electric didn't work, but probably just needed a new cord. Guy who bought it said all he was finding was crapped out models, so was stoked ours was in nice condition even with the problems it had!