Fox 36 Grip 2 Damper - $249

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mtbfan, Jul 16, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtbfan

mtbfan Member

Name:
    Sylvia
    New 2019/2020 Fox 36 Grip 2 Damper and a quart of 5WT PTFE infused suspension fluid. It is BRAND NEW. Still have receipt. Paid over $300 for it. Just wasn't for me.

2. pdqmach26

pdqmach26 Member

Name:
    Bob
    Still for sale??

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    You used it but it’s brand new? :cautious:

pdqmach26, mtnbikej and DangerDirtyD like this.
  4. mtbfan

mtbfan Member

Name:
    Sylvia
    Wow, tough crowd! We actually returned it to Fox, and they issued a Full Refund...:gag:

Faust29, herzalot, Danimal and 2 others like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Not really.

When someone writes BRAND NEW, I expect that description to be truthful (especially on this forum). Meaning it's not used. Sure, you're not the only person to do this, but that doesn't mean it's not doubletalk.

Glad you got out of it.

Faust29, Obsidian, buggravy and 3 others like this.
  6. mtbfan

mtbfan Member

Name:
    Sylvia
    Not to have the last word :) but if I test ride a brand new bike in the parking lot and don't like it, I am sure the bike shop will not sell it as a used bike now. It is still brand new. Just my 2 cents. :geek:

Faust29, ~JB~, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  7. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I agree with this, but I’d also make that clear in the OP. Online sales/purchases are sketchy to begin with so I think it’s normal to be skeptical.

mtbfan, DangerDirtyD and mtnbikej like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    All good :) And with respect: The scenario you offer happens all the time, of course. The bike shop backup and warranty will be intact without question in that case. With a private party, it's as-is, no returns, no recourse (besides PayPal).

Brand new when put on your bike. Lightly used when removed. Not nearly the panache, but hey... :geek:

Join up for some rides and/or report your exploits here. Then we would have known you were trying out the damper. ;):cool:

Faust29, DangerDirtyD and mtnbikej like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Hey @mtbfan Silvia...

After my initial disappointment, I am actually digging the Luftkappe I purchased from you. Not earth shatteringly better, but better.

And I see that you have posted topics other than selling stuff, so I won't join in the lecture about proper participation on IMTB.

Faust29, doublewide, mtbfan and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?