For all the weight lifters / conditioners + MTBers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deesalsa25, Feb 3, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Ed Masters insane deadlift routine.......

Faust29 likes this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    One that I can still do! :D

3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    It'd be easier to pick up if he grabbed the bar. Just sayin'...:whistling::rolleyes::p

Faust29, fos'l, Derkderkall and 2 others like this.
  4. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    It's actually a video link..... You have to see the whole thing..

5. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    I was way too hefty. Been in the gym and on the bike more. They really do go hand in hand, but riding more just makes you a better rider all around. It's really hard to substitute anything for just ass in the seat time, or whatever else it is that you want to get good at on the bike. I've dropped close to 40 pounds since August of last year. I can definitely say that full body stuff helps me with stamina and power on the bike. Big body moves like squats, deadlifts, RDLs and other stuff like single leg exercises. I've really just been an advocate to mix it up. It keeps everything fun, keeps me from getting burnt out (even though I could easily ride more than I do if I had more free time and still enjoy it). I've been lifting, rock climbing in the gym with my BiL, riding more and just trying to stay more active in general. It's nice not being a fat ass and you realize how much more enjoyable even *gasp* climbing is.

6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Congratulations! I lost 25 since August and gained 15 back. I suspect all of my gain is pure muscle in my sequoia-like quadriceps and apple of a heinie. I just keep telling myself that and ignore the naysayers and climbers as they pass me on the trails. #stillmotivatedbutworktoomuchandsleepnotenoughandriderarelyandlovemesomechickennuggets.

7. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    I've definitely gotten less stringent. I'm sitting about 225 now. But work physical puts me at roughly 8lbs of muscle gain from last year, on top of 35lbs of weight lost, so that's a win. I'm just trying to dial it back. Eating less, eating better, but still having pizza nights with my family, having dessert and other things I enjoy, just not all the time like I was.