Food for thought, and recovery.

Discussion in 'Health' started by jimbowho, Oct 11, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    Recovery tip/torture with zero science to back it up! Mountain biking makes me fat. I go ride for two hours or more then down a six, then eat food and abandon all calorie concerns. I will miss this joyous routine. Also bad food & drink choices makes bad things happen I.E inflammation etc.

Don't eat during the day. Suffer. Get used to it and within two weeks your tummy has shrank and you won't even want to eat during the day. Four hour eating window, for me 6-to-10 Pm. That's a 20-hr fast every day.
    Do a quality multi vitamin.

Your body will have all this time and energy to heal instead of being in digesting mode. There's more :eek:
    Carnivore diet 100%. No juice, milk<lactose & high carbs. No bread pasta donuts, no carbs, this includes all fruit and vegetables. You can reintroduce it when its time. No beer, cigarettes, ketchup, ranch. AGAIN THIS IS A HEALING fat dissolving time and a health reboot.

Fiber=fruits and vegetables (Gods gift) but lots of carbs. It goes right thru you. If you struggle to even want to take a shower due to pain discomfort and the hassle of wheel chairs crutches etc. The Carnivore only diet will use what you eat for fuel and not constantly keep you on the throne. Lots of fatty cuts, oily fish, skin on chicken stuff, eggs, EVOO butter.

Coffee at first for hunger, then ditch it. Water, be mindful of electrolytes and trace minerals. Do this and in a couple month or so you will return to action all stealth n sht and ready to suffer some more. But its a good thing! Oh and get peaches.

Ps: under the kitchen cabinet is the grody old flower vase's. Use one bedside for a urinal. Sorry ladies I have no tips for you on this one.

2. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Was there any mention of breakfast? Are you suggesting no intake at all until evening time? Is this a crash/lose-fat-fast, short term diet or a new, permanent life style?

I know it works because I've done it myself but in truth, you are starving your body. That's fine in the short term but in the long term, it may cause organ damage.

Simply dropping those bad food choices AND consuming small portions would eventually (more slowly) reach the same results.

Happy to see where it's taken you but now, take care of yourself with a more balanced diet.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Man, I was there! On the edge of my seat... Cheering you along! Then you said ditch the coffee. Full stop. :stop:

I ran over to the espresso machine and hit the switch to get it warming up. :laugh:

:Roflmao

4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Yep, a man has his limits!

5. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Why the urinal/flower vase? My bathroom is like 4 steps from my bed.

I agree with some of the ideas, high protein, cut out bread, and carbs if possible. I try to avoid added sugar, which is much harder than it sounds because everything has sugar added to it.
    I can't give up Ketchup, so I just make my own with allspice and coconut aminos as the sweetners.

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS

And for the ladies, a larger opening...

9JCR4.jpg.jpg

7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Well?
    I went what I call reasonable Vegan.
    No meats, no eating things that had a face. No eggs, no cheese, focused on plant based.
    Feeling fantastic!
    Losing weight.
    As much as everyone wants to argue… we ain’t meat eaters, I know! I’m going to get yelled at here. Don’t care. I did the research. If some professional tells you contrary… follow the money.

Saw a great movie called The Game Changer. Totally opened my eyes! It made way too much sense.

Why do I call it reasonable Vegan?
    Well, I’m discovering that mainstream is not always easy to get a meal while out. So, I do the best I can but with what’s available.
    Life is good!

8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Mid-August: 178 lbs. Way too much.

Mid-October: 161 lbs.

How, you ask?

No more Subway, no more eating junk. My routine is bare oatmeal with blueberries or blackberries for breakfast. Mid-morning, handful of almonds. Lunch is a salad consisting of spinach, red cabbage, red bell pepper, tomato, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, artichoke hearts, jalapeños, and a kiwi or pluot on the side. Dinner is a piece of fish (salmon, steelhead, cod, mahi mahi, etc) or skinless chicken boob the size of a deck of cards, and something greenish. Sometimes with wild rice.

That's it. That's how it works. It also tastes great. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No fasting, no fads, no worrying.

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    All y’all sound to have it dialed. :thumbsup:

Our intake has been plant heavy forever and has served us well. Bikepacking, there’s no way I’d even make a strong effort due to an already limited selection and fat being over twice the calories of protein or carbs. And no chocolate milk on a tour is just not realistic. :geek:

10. jimbowho

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    No breakfast (rarely ever did) so the transition was easy. Ideas are temporary for me. Soon as I hit 25-bmi I will do 1-cup strong black coffee, fruit veg, real food only. Strict beer moderation.

11. jimbowho

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    My Daughter is full blown vegan, she is happy.

12. jimbowho

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    That was my go to with the back surgery. I think it used to be called a chamber pot.