Five More Stolen Bikes from One House!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikie, Dec 7, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Danmtchl brought this to my attention off of Facebook. These folks are within the flock known by the McG's and Girls Gone Riding:

Margaret Gregory wrote...
    All. Russell and I just had all our bikes stolen. That is 1 brand new Tracer 275 carbon (orange and black), 2 2014 Tracer 275 carbons (black one and red one, one with Enve Wheels and race face next SL cranks), 1 older aluminum tracer with custom raw blue finish and grey rear triangle, and my Intense 951, custom raw red finish, small dent in rear triangle, the one I raced my first world cup race on. If you see anything, please let us know.

Danmtchl likes this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I know that name... I think she races or raced DH at Fontana, and clearly elsewhere. That's a lot of great equipment stolen from them. There's a special corner of hell reserved for bike thieves.

And by my count, Mikie, that's 5 bikes from the Gregorys, at a retail value north of $35,000.

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  3. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Sucks.:thumbsdown:

Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Yikes! Your right!

herzalot and Danmtchl like this.
  5. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    She had a pic of a black one on the Facebook post. But Herzalot is right, that is a lot of money they are out. I hope their homeowners insurance helps them out. They were stolen in Redlands.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  6. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Absolutely sickening..........

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  7. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    Margaret, Russell no Bueno.

So sorry Dean

8. GregMiester

GregMiester Member

Name:
    Greg
    Current Bike:
    2014 Giant XTC Advanced 2
    Ugh. Tis the season... Any word on how they were taken? That's a lot of bikes to haul off with. They had to be loaded up I imagine.

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Sucks.

Lock your bikes up wherever they are out of your sight. No guarantee of ownership, but let's stop presenting easy and profitable opportunities for thieves. Yes, I'm a dick for not being more sympathetic, so you don't have to state the obvious.

10. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Oh no... they're local! Not that that's the only reason to feel empathy, but it really makes it worse when you have a personal connection to the victims. Margaret is a local pro. She and her husband are heavy lifters in Bike for Bender organization. They help out at the Bike BBQ (community bike repair) as well. Good people!

@bigringrider101 @Faust29 those are the people we ran into on the ride out here last month.

I am so saddened to read this...

11. verdugist

verdugist Guest

12. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    I feel so vulnerable, whenever I read about stolen bikes. :eek:

13. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    I saw an add on FB for one Margaret's bikes and then a few days later she posted it as stolen. Super sucky.

We are all targets on the internet. Watch yourself advertising your goods. I cable lock up my huffy and my Walmart special even when they are in the garage and even though the opener handle has been detached. Although my bikes are almost totally worthless, someone may be "shopping" me and looking to connect my location to my bikes. and they may be stupid enough to risk their life breaking into my house since I shoot first and ask questions later.

GregMiester, Mikie, mike and 5 others like this.
  14. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?