First Flight Bicycles, Statesville NC

Discussion in 'Local Bike Shop Reviews' started by BonsaiNut, Feb 26, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Happened to be in downtown Statesville today picking up some hiking boots, and walked past this bike store. I'd seen in before because they always put a bunch of low-end bikes out on the sidewalk in front of the store, but today as I was walking past they had a sign on the door "Trails Closed? Don't be depressed - come in and have a beer!". So I walked in...

bikestore.jpg
    The place has a bigger bar than most bars in the area :) PLUS it has a decent bike inventory, extensive parts department, and a pretty large service area. At 2PM on a Saturday, they had at least four employees working the shop, chatting about bikes, etc. Plus two shop dogs to round out the experience.

Turns out they are a small chain of four stores covering four of the communities in the area. Because of their scale, they can offer pretty competitive pricing on parts and bikes - and they carry Specialized, Santa Cruz, Cannondale, GT, and a few other brands.

If you are in the area and thinking about riding trails they also rent bikes(!)

Two thumbs up!!

https://www.firstflightbikes.com/

~JB~, Danimal, SnakeCharmer and 8 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?