First Attempt at a Two Rider Multi-cam Video

Discussion in 'Videos' started by tbarnesarc, Jun 18, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    I'll preface this post that the video below is just a test. It is not meant to be the final product. I've been wanting to attempt a multi-cam/ dual rider video for a while now. Yesterday @sir crashalot who happens to be one of my longest standing riding buddies put up with my nerdiness so I could try this technique. Much was learned and mistakes were made but that leads to progression so I thank Gary for the help in making this first go at it.

What was learned thus far:
    -The audio out of the Hero 7 is garbage but I think I found a work around moving forward.
    -The color science between the Hero4 and Hero7 are comparable enough to make color matching easy for my skill set.
    -when and where to make the cuts between cameras will take some more practice. There truly is an art to it.
    -This process is going to be a crap ton of fun moving forward.

So with all that rambling on here's ye ole first attempt:

PS,
    If the video isn't in 4k yet give it some time as the file was 5 gigs which youtube has to transcode....

Faust29, SnakeCharmer, CBone and 3 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Cool. :thumbsup:

The chest cam footage resolved itself and was crystal clear. The helmet cam footage never did.

I can see where this could be a lot of fun for riders of similar speed bantering back and forth as they descend (a la Peaty and Warner a few years back).

Thanks for all your work for our entertainment! :cool:

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I have a friend in another state who actually mounts 2 or 3 cameras on his bike and records with all 3 at the same time when he plans to record a ride. This way, you get different angles all from one ride. He even does split screen scenes at times on some of his videos.

He is a total electronics geek so video editing is actually fun to him. o_O

tbarnesarc likes this.
  4. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    That's fun to do as well. I've done it myself leading up to the test above. Always enjoyable to experiment with different angles and what not.:geek:

5. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I like how you left out where I rolled the right line (after goofing and having to go back and roll into it again) and left in me saying "now make sure you edit it to look like i rolled into it without stopping"! :laugh:

herzalot and tbarnesarc like this.
  6. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    haha! That was actually unintentional. My bad as I meant to go back and fix that cut but forgot since I was vetting out some other issues. :oops:

herzalot and sir crashalot like this.
  7. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    haha its funny that way

8. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    True. haha!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?