Fire in Laguna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dirtrider...., Feb 10, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    No, the perimeter is almost a mile from the lower campground. It did not spread very far into the park, fortunately. It reaaaaally looks like it started on moro ridge fireroad just up from the top of bfi and the winds blew it coastward. At 4 am. My money is on arson.

Faust29, Obsidian, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  2. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    There are some power lines up right there

TwoWheel Eric and herzalot like this.
  3. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    oh yeah, forgot about that. Th0se things need to be put underground.

bvader and TwoWheel Eric like this.
  4. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I’m so confused. Lcwp site said emerald falls (bvd) is closed, and emerald road at the junction with Old Emerald. Did not say Old Emerald is closed. So I assumed that meant emerald road was closed below bottom of Old Emerald so I could ride OE and either hike back up or take a right at the bottom and
    climb top half of emerald road. Out on the park and this sign is at top of OE:
    upload_2022-2-16_10-21-49.jpeg
    Which does not actually say OE is closed. Are they just warning people emerald road is closed at the bottom? Could I ride down OE and hike back up? Or does the park staff not even know its own trail names. Wish they would use more clear language, but I’m guessing OE is closed if a sign is across the top even is trail name is wrong. If I had known it was off the menu I would’ve rode Aliso instead

upload_2022-2-16_10-21-22.jpeg

bvader, Old&InTheWay, Rumpled and 3 others like this.
  5. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    upload_2022-2-16_11-11-15.jpeg
    aren’t those telephone poles not power lines?

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

no, they do not.

Rumpled likes this.
  7. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    A hiker came up OE, she said she went down Emerald Fireroad, there was no closed sign at th e top, but was closed below the junction with OE and no closed sign at teh bottom for OE. After thinking about it, I went ahead and rode down the fun part of OE and hiked back up. I really think the sign was just warning about the closures below. But should have been placed adjacent to teh trail, not across it. probably subtle discouragement.

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I believe that implies that Old Emerald singletrack is open and states that Emerald Canyon is open to climb back out. Em Cyn is closed below the junction of Old Emerald and Emerald Canyon FR. BVD (Emerald Falls) is closed.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?