Finally got my family back with me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fanatic, Jan 9, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 70RSL
    I have been working in Long Beach for the past 2 months while house has been selling in AZ. I lived in Huntington Beach for the first month and then Lake Forest for the second. My house sold and my family and I recently moved to Corona. I am 1 mile from Skyline Trail. I have never ridden that side of the mountain, but I hear it has some potential.

I know @jaime and his buddy Raul live in the area. Anyone else here in Riverside county? Hopefully the weather will play along for me to get a short ride in this weekend.

2. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    @Fanatic Welcome to the Circle city !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nice... That side of the mountain really isn't far from this side of the mountain, though! Just an up and over... :thumbsup:

Mikie, Fanatic, Cornholio and 2 others like this.
  4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    I look down at your house all the time :)

Glad to hear you are relocated! Sucks to be separated from family.

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Congrats getting the troop back together and nailing down to-dos. The weasel and I have done multiple months-long stints apart, so I can relate.

Potential's ass – there's definitely lots of trailage around there, albeit some more adventurous terrain. Fergodsake, Skinsuit is right in your back yard, man. Happy to meet you and jaime up top and ride down it with you. Troy Lee Trails, Eagle Road, Bedford Motorway, Indian Truck Trail, East Horsethief, Coldwhatever...there are others. And perfect timing, too. You're psyched!

6. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Good job getting all that stuff taken care of.
    And @mike, way to pump the stoke! Vast trail info from the depths of HJ Cyn!

Mikie, Cornholio, Fanatic and 3 others like this.
  7. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    I can't wait to climb Skyline. I will hopefully do a run Friday to check out the top. It looks like there are some cutouts to keep the fire road interesting.

8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
  9. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

Name:
    Aaron Brooks
    Current Bike:
    @mike how gnarly is Skinsuit? Is it similar to the TLD trails? I want to try the geoladder loop that you linked to up above, but I don't want to fall down the mountain. I did the TLD trails with Jaime, but it was definitely an ugly descent.

Sasquatch9billion, herzalot and Mikie like this.
  10. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    @Fanatic we did the easy version of 1/2 of TLD... Skinsuit I will show you, the only time I went was when I was new in the sport and walked half of it...time to tame skinsuit !!
    @mike I will show him the goods :thumbsup:

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    @Fanatic, just a few rutted dirt slopes that can be dismounted on Skinsuit, one is a little bit tough to walk down, the rest are just a but rutted usually (haven't done it in some months). I posted a vid of the ride here somewhere.

Way to docent, @jaime :thumbsup:

Let me know when you guys go, I've been itching to get back to it. Cheers!

Fanatic, jaime and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?