EWS!

Discussion in 'Gravity Junkies' started by Cougar, Mar 30, 2015.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    I wanna see the race video

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Yes, I know there are some of you who don't care about races you cannot view from top to bottom in real time. Too hard to follow live timing, read reports or wait for highlights. Too bad - you're missing out on the most incredible form of mt. bike racing.

Here's the highlight video for you:

Derkderkall and DangerDirtyD like this.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian Well-Known Member

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Tracer
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    And she swept the series - winning every race. Spectacularly consistent and fast! :thumbsup:

Seems par for the course for the women. First Tracy Moseley, then Cecile Ravenel, now Isabeua. Let's not forget Anne- Caro from days gone by or Rachel Atherton, when healthy.

Give Martin Maes his two wins back from the beginning of the season (stripped of him for getting medical attention for a nasty laceration) - and we may have had a different mens series winner, eh?

Still - stoked for Sam Hill. Three series titles in a row. Sam is good for the sport of mt. biking. Unassuming. Quiet. Fast as hell.

5. Derkderkall

Derkderkall Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2012 Rockhopper 29
    And keeps sales for flat pedals alive

6. Stubborn Approach

Stubborn Approach Member

Name:
    Tony
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad 3
    That last event win came on a prototype the late Chad Peterson had been working on. She spoke more about it on GinTV iirc.

Great ending to the Mens season, coming down to the last stage. Flat pedals ftw.

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I cannot get my head around the fact that we can't talk about Sam Hill without talking about pedals. Who cares? Why so much love or hatred for flat pedals? It's not a religion. It's not a cult. It's not a political party. Sort of detracts from the story in my opinion.

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  8. Stubborn Approach

Stubborn Approach Member

Name:
    Tony
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad 3
    That reads like you have a bone to pick in other areas of annoyance Herz... if it detracts from a guy his age winning the overall while riding a platform that requires additional effort for the oft-punchy stages found in the EWS, then please accept my apologies.

Trophy of Nations was today in Finale Ligure.

Team USA (Richie Rude, Shawn Neer, & Cody Kelly) won the Pro Men & 2nd Place in U21 Women for Team USA

USA FTW

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Not at all. It's just that I have never seen a celebration of Sam Hill that didn't include a bunch of people yelling "flat pedals FTW!" It's almost comical in how predictable and how pervasive that response STILL is even 10-15 years past his World Championships and World Cup wins in DH. Seems like the legions of flat pedals devotees see him as THE living justification for their pedal choice - a choice that needs no justification.

(I use both - just not at the same time).

I didn't really mean to aim my irritated response at you specifically @Stubborn Approach. My apologies.

10. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    Herz had been a little on edge lately. :rolleyes:

A big isn't a bike without pedals. And, that is final. :p

mountaingirl sara likes this.
  11. Stubborn Approach

Stubborn Approach Member

Name:
    Tony
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad 3
    As do I, but I do coach riders on improving their jumping skills & pedal choice is a foundational topic. Those who make the choice to avoid flat pedals have a much tougher road ahead of them. The most common justification for this is that it will make climbing more difficult. Poor choice or not, climbing a fireroad doesnt need to be learned. Its continually running into that logic that reduces me to blindly advocating for flat pedal usage in comical terms like, Flat pedals ftw.

This video has some of steeziest riding I have seen all year...

Interesting to hear that the stages were too flat for Hill & Fearon :whistling:

herzalot and DangerDirtyD like this.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?