Entry Level Positions in or Near the 562?

-ROCKY-

Hi all.
I need a new job. Or another part time to add to the list. I live next to the Lakewood Mall, so I'm pretty much in Long Beach if you are not familiar with the area. I'm 47, unfortunately I don't have an education beyond HS. Also, I've never had anything beyond an entry level job. Currently I'm an auto parts driver in the day, then I have a custodian position after. I only work M-F until around 6:30 now. Up until last week I was also unloading trucks at Dollar Tree. I've been lucky and have been just able to make it through the last few months, but I'm starting to feel like one of those fish or tadpoles you see in a lake that's pretty much dried out except for the muddy puddle I'm in now. I really enjoy my driving job, but it just doesn't pay the bills. Anyway, I know there's lots of experience here so I'm open to suggestions, advice, or opportunities. Please let me know :) Thanks guys.

Hi all.
I need a new job. Or another part time to add to the list. I live next to the Lakewood Mall, so I'm pretty much in Long Beach if you are not familiar with the area. I'm 47, unfortunately I don't have an education beyond HS. Also, I've never had anything beyond an entry level job. Currently I'm an auto parts driver in the day, then I have a custodian position after. I only work M-F until around 6:30 now. Up until last week I was also unloading trucks at Dollar Tree. I've been lucky and have been just able to make it through the last few months, but I'm starting to feel like one of those fish or tadpoles you see in a lake that's pretty much dried out except for the muddy puddle I'm in now. I really enjoy my driving job, but it just doesn't pay the bills. Anyway, I know there's lots of experience here so I'm open to suggestions, advice, or opportunities. Please let me know :) Thanks guys.
Sent you some info where I work if interested, several positions available.

Wow I had thought about this. Thank you for the reminder. Maybe this is the time :thumbsup:
My brother got himself a license to drive buses and has been driving small shuttles at Aspen and Squaw Valley with much success. He gets great tips from drunk tourists, and a season pass.

Not the same as driving a bus around the city, that's for sure, but the license itself makes you versatile and hirable anywhere.

My brother got himself a license to drive buses and has been driving small shuttles at Aspen and Squaw Valley with much success. He gets great tips from drunk tourists, and a season pass.

Not the same as driving a bus around the city, that's for sure, but the license itself makes you versatile and hirable anywhere.

Yeah I have thought about this. I always see Robertson's Cement trucks advertising training to drive for them. Also Metro. I drive during the day and love it.

Back