Editing Software

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Rumpled, Jun 19, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I'm looking for some basic video editing software. To make my sick edits from my Gopro.
    Windows and free.
    Suggestions?

mike, Runs with Scissors and Faust29 like this.
  2. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I’ve always used the free GoPro studio software. Works good enough for me and has plenty of features and it’s the only one I could figure out how to use on my own. I think they discontinued the studio version in favor of quik which I thought sucked but the original studio can still be found for free download.

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I got nothing... Mine is Mac only and it was freaking expensive. :Roflmao

Rumpled and Runs with Scissors like this.
  5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Well, crap...pulled out the box and the DVD isn't in it.....if I find it I'll update.

6. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Tried Davinci and it is far too complex. I couldn't figure out how to do the most basic things. Will take some study.
    I used the Gopro studio before. Hate how everything has to converted to a huge avi file and then converted back. Major time suck and waste of hard drive space.
    I did find that Cycliq has some simple software for their cameras. (I have one). It is too basic but I did manage to shorten a few videos to just the usable clip.

Faust29, mtnbikej and Voodoo Tom like this.
  7. MTB Rad Dad

MTB Rad Dad Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Adam Miller
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer
    I Highly recommend Davinci Resolve.

8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    That's the problem with these editing sites. They offer way more than the average user needs. You almost need to take a class to learn how to use it.

Rumpled likes this.
  9. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    This is the program @tbarnesarc recommended for me. First time I loaded it up I had the same thought - not intuitive and far too complex for what I needed.

After my Idaho trip I sat down one weekend and watched their instructional video. The video gets off on some tangents but if you follow the basic steps it starts to make sense. Took a couple hours for the first one but I can now put together a basic vid, cropping and joining clips together in 15-30 mins. It can be frustrating as it is very easy to hit a wrong button and unknowingly change something, then not know how to correct or undo it. I had something change in one file that caused the output file to be massive - close to 1 Gig. Didn't notice until the conversion took hours rather than the usual 15-20min. I still don't know what caused that.

herzalot and Rumpled like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?