Eden Epic

Discussion in 'Racing' started by HBkites, Mar 18, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 10-16-16
  1. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Here is my chance to explore Utah's Wasatch mountains.
    www.edenepic.com

I was hopping to race the True Grit Epic 50, but life/work got in the way.
    I'm looking at this race as a chance for me to push my self at the end of the summer.
    The 12K of climbing is something I never done, and altitude (5000-9000 ft.) will make it even harder.

So who is in?

Runs with Scissors and Faust29 like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    11k' of ascent in 47 miles?????

Holy Crap Batman....and at elevation.

Woof.

3. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    When that's J's first reaction that pretty much tells you to STAY AWAY. bwahaha.

4. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    I've ridden all the singletrack on that route. Most people don't know of these trails because they're too busy hyping Park City to death.

These are tough backcountry type trails and a lot more interesting, more scenic and less crowded than PC. I will definitely stop in and ride them again but I couldn't stomach paying to race them. If you're set on doing the race it will be a blast, but you can put a better ride together on your own that has far less road riding.

Here is the TR from my Perry Canyon-Grizzly Peak-Ben Lomond-Northern Skyline ride. Truly one of my favorite rides ever. The race climbs a fire road on the east side rather than climbing up Perry Canyon trail. On my last trip I rode Southern Skyline and then the lake side trail back to where I parked, which is the second half of the race course. Most of that is nice riding but there is a 1000ft stretch of climb that most riders will HAB having 8k of climbing on the day already.

http://forums.mtbr.com/utah/trip-report-more-utah-awesomeness-pic-heavy-825229.html

kioti, DangerDirtyD, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Do I need more coffee for my blurry eyes or does the climb at mile 32ish gain about 1200 feet in a mile and a half?

6. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Didn't see this link before Ev. What a great ride and report! Those mountain goats are cool, as are your photos. Wow.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?