E13 TRS Plus 12 speed upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Redman, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5
    kioti, Danmtchl, Luis and 2 others like this.
  2. Sidewalk

Sidewalk MTB Addict

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Looks cool. Something I would consider for my XC bike.

Danmtchl likes this.
  3. mike

mike MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    Having warrantied my first TRS+ 11-sp to fix a problem that showed up after six months of use, I’m not super sold on a two-piece cassette. I have yet another (newer) that I ran successfully on the AZT. The older one was the previous gen, which had some issues with a composite part which attaches to the drive.

A grinding noise can be had under load when it’s very dirty, as I did even on the later gen one. This phenomenon is documented online.

Love the range and shifting is fine, but I’d look elsewhere if I was gearing up today. Two-piece cassette...what could go wrong?

herzalot, Cyclotourist and Danmtchl like this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    I just question how useful a 9t cog really is. Just seems like no matter how good you have your derailleur set up, you are only getting 3-4 teeth engaged at any time. Sounds like a recipe for skipping....and a cog that wears out prematurely.

5. Danmtchl

Danmtchl MTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2015 Devinci Troy Carbon 27.5
    A friend of mine who works at another shop here in town had the skipping problems on a customers bike and I dont remember how they fixed it. But I know it wasn’t easy.

Cyclotourist likes this.