"E mtn bikes r us" (rock n road) boycott?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StrandLeper, May 28, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    1) Class 1 & 2 e-bikes are permitted on bike paths BY LAW. Class 3 are permitted on bike lanes contiguous with a road.
    2) Pedego has identified their market and is servicing it well and profitably.
    3) Physically challenged individuals (ones with a placard) have every right to use assist. If you don't believe it, try attacking the ADA.
    4) As I've said before, talking about e-bikes is divisive; doesn't seem to be a reason for these threads except to rile people up.

DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Congratulations on your new bike, LZ! Here's to many miles and smiles with your new friend, whether those miles are mashing on the pedals, zipping DH or taking a break walking it and being able to look around. :) My good friend is getting into his first FS, and he is over the moon with the fun...get ready to peg the fun meter!

If you want to hit some dirt, let me know. I'm on the OC side of the Santa Anas, but happy to commute and ride at any pace. Show me the goods over yonder; I'm totally green to your hood, or come around and take a slow spin up Holy Jim with the wife and I. Cheers and rubber down, matie :thumbsup:

PS: Post a pic of that new steed, eh?

3. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Ran into an ebike at the bottom of Cholla Sunday morning (in Aliso). Dad with his kid and nephews. He knew one of the guys in my gang. I didn't want to be a dick, but couldn't keep my mouth shut (Really?!?) and just said light heartedly, "It's classic that your dad needs an ebike to keep up with you! You must be fast!" And smiled.

Freedom of choice and all of that, but ebikes on flat bike paths- are we THAT freaking lazy?

DangerDirtyD, Mikie, mike and 2 others like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    My fellow imtber's...
    I'm in agreement with @fos'l in that there is very little point in posting in regards to eBikes. Everyone knows how the majority of the cyclist, including me on this Forum feel about eBikes.
    The balance of my firm unwavering stance on free speech and the common sense within me that believes there are subjects just best left alone like politics, religion, inflammatory communication, and now eBikes leads me to believe we should cease and desist on the eBike subject. I will stay open on the subject and if anyone prefers to discuss with me in a PM, do not hesitate.

So respectfully, I am going to close this thread which even recently the OP suggested. I would appreciate we take eBike discussions offline, but will certainly entertain future threads if a new development arises.
    It just seems to be the right thing to do.

I leave you with this little diddley of how I feel about eBikes :):

mike, tortoise, sir crashalot and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.