E-motorcycle Collision San Clemente

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torrent77, Dec 13, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Judging by the people on my route, you need to remove a couple of zeros.

Danmtchl, redwoods, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    As a 56-year resident of SoCal I have to agree. OMMV. More power, etc.

Although I gotta add there is no place with more self-righteous a$$hats than in the Bay Area. Been there, seen that, burned the T-shirt.

Danmtchl, redwoods, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  3. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    We live in mtn bike heaven. trails are open almost year round. Most are just empty. I can point the machine in any direction and find a nice trail within 10 minutes. Well I live in Mtn Bike Heaven
    Happy trails, so many I have not ridden them all.

SCPivot, Oaken, Danmtchl and 8 others like this.
  4. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Geez, negativity is strong here. After living in New England for several years I can say that people there were way bigger dix than anyone I’ve come across here. Talk about negative attitudes, it was depressing just being around them. When my parents lived in Vegas I had a little glimpse into that life and that was way more stale and impersonal than anything I’ve seen here.

I guess some people just have life figured out and whatever anyone else does that isn’t aligned with that is a bust. What does seem to be a constant is the hardcore disdain for So Cal and that must run deep within them.

Danmtchl, konakc, Sidewalk and 8 others like this.
  5. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Or, some people have specific expectations of civilized society and we don't see it happening, on the macro level, here in the southern sector of California. And we've been other places that we perceive, rightly or wrongly, as better. So we choose to state what we've seen, with the caveat that N=1, and act on it.

My experience over decades is that QOL in SoCal has degraded. AQI has vastly improved, though you'd never know that without context. But AQI < QOL. So I'll be relocating at the first opportunity. I'm not going to screw myself in the process. The time will come when it comes.

But SoCal, and California in general, still sucks. Based on my metrics.:cool:

Danmtchl, ~JB~, mike and 3 others like this.
  6. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Coming from the “Aliso sucks but I’ll never try it to find out” guy. :Roflmao

If it sucks for you, leave. Simple.

I’ve got a good life here and enjoy it along with many friends that I grew up with. Life’s good and I’m sorry that you are waiting for the opportunity to be happy. That must suck being unhappy and feeling stuck here.. good luck finding happiness!

SCPivot, Danmtchl, Sidewalk and 6 others like this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'd expound, but I'm pretty sure it would go right over your head. It's good that you're good with it. Really. I'm not being facetious. It works for you, great.

Danmtchl, Mikie and redwoods like this.
  8. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Classic thread.

Goes from one world class DB to complete indictment of entire Southern California.

That guy would have been a DB... is a Total DB no matter where he lived .... nothing to do with SoCal.

Ef it I'll triple down

I love SoCal You can find good and bad anywhere and one person's polite and well-behaved society may not be another's.

I haven't worn long pants in 20 months and I'm loving it... Seriously.

I live a mile from the beach I work for a world-class company.

I worked hard to get there.

Might I retire somewhere else or split my time between beach and mountains yeah perhaps.

Do I like to travel and visit other areas absolutely.

But it always feels good to me when I come home.

Oh back on topic....I hope that guy gets what's coming to him....

BonsaiNut, SCPivot, OTHRider and 17 others like this.
  9. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Haha, over my head? Please don’t patronize me with comments like that.

Happy Holidays, IMTBT..

OTHRider, Danmtchl, Sidewalk and 3 others like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    It's way too easy to dig up dirt. Gino's Hawaii court case paints a clear picture of a sketchy corner-cutter trying to milk as much as possible through lies and deception. Holy shyt...

SCPivot, OTHRider, fos'l and 7 others like this.
  11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I don't hate So Cal. There - I said it out loud.

I can surf, snowboard, ski and mt. bike all within 90 mins. of my house and all in the same day if I choose to. And I know how to do it without crowds or traffic. On a weekend.

I have a great job with awesome peeps, and I am paid an acceptable rate for it. I live in a beautiful setting that most of the world's population would spend hard-earned vacation dollars to visit for a weekend. When I travel, people I meet yearn to travel to where I live. Contrary to what seems to be the commonly accepted folklore 'round here, i don't feel that my freedom is unduly restricted or taxed. Well, the gas tax is a bit much - but my commute and my vehicle are my choice so...

I have been fortunate to live in other amazing places (Durango, CO, among others). There is more entitlement, attitude, narcissism, superficiality and blatant selfish stupidity here, in my opinion. But CO has changed in the last 20 years too, and I am guessing, not for the better. It's a sign of the times more than a location.

Oh and the entitled asshat on the motorcycle should be drawn and quartered.

SCPivot, OTHRider, fos'l and 15 others like this.
  12. Maderas84

Maderas84 Member

Name:
    Andres
    Current Bike:
    Ibis, Pivot & Santa Cruz
    :laugh::Roflmao

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  13. Maderas84

Maderas84 Member

Name:
    Andres
    Current Bike:
    Ibis, Pivot & Santa Cruz
    CA geography is #1 in the world.

CA life is chit; second to Oregon and on par with any large Mexican city.

14. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    It’s not the entire iMTBtrails demos, like its not an entire State. Stick around to help balance the population here.

Danmtchl, Cornholio, mike and 3 others like this.
  15. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    The problem with California is that it's got everything:
    *most consistent/mild weather
    *surf and snow just a few miles apart
    *deserts/mountains/sea
    *tremendous employment opportunities

The weather... Minimal rain/snow. Mild temps that really do allow you to wear shorts and tee shirt year round (I do). This is the biggest attraction of all.
    Things to do... You can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon on the same day and the things to do between here and there are endless.
    Terrain... Beautiful coastline, gorgeous mountain ranges, wonderful deserts.
    Jobs... This is the place to be for employment. You can do anything you want here if you work toward it.

All of these things lead to one major downfall, over population. Too many people to keep track of. Too many cars clogging the roadways. Too much competition for anything and everything. Long lines most anywhere you go. These are the things that bother me about California. I can live with the high taxes and high cost of living. The fair weather and unlimited availability of things to do make these things worth it to me. But the crowds are a deal breaker. While I am not in a position to do anything about it at this time but I'd leave this state (or at least the big city portion) if I could.

In closing I love California and I hate it, too.

Luis, SCPivot, OTHRider and 6 others like this.
  16. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    The individual, as indicated above, would be a dirt bag wherever they resided. I've lived everywhere from Florida to New Hampshire to San Diego to Alaska, and socal is fine. Funny thing is, I liked all those places too.

Faust29, SCPivot, Mikie and 9 others like this.
  17. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    Back in the day with my buddies we went dirt bike riding all day out in the desert and then drove to Big Bear on the way home and went snow skiing. The looks we got pulling into Snow Summit parking lot with dirt bikes in tow. 1971 Brown Ford Country Squire Station Wagon pulling a dirt bike trailer with Suzuki's on it. Haha! I think I was 21 or 22 years old at the time.
    As I recall we skied down the slopes in our dirt bike leathers.-:Roflmao

SCPivot, Mikie, fos'l and 11 others like this.
  18. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I go through this, as both of our families are on the east coast. They see the craziest of the crazy on the TV... And think all Californians are in the streets protesting restaurant straws and smoking pot. :laugh:

They never see Idlehour Trail. And they can't fathom that CA has more open space and park land than the rest of the lower 48 combined...

OTHRider, Mikie, fos'l and 8 others like this.
  19. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I was just catching up on the comments on the Pinkbike thread. And, the comment that stated his name along with the next comment about his plumbing company disappeared while I was reading it. Pinkbike removed the two comments.

Oh, it wasn't very difficult to find the guy's home and business address's.

OTHRider, Mikie, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  20. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    One summer day, I went down Lizard, Camarrillo, saw a red tipped vulture floating by on Willow, now Repo, back up and Emeralded... thought about Marie,, had an icy cold michelada at the grassy knoll.. then when all my buddies drove off, I went down to Shaws cove, put on my gear, and ran into the ocean. My calf's cramped up in the not so cold water but I managed to swim past the point, and got greeted by a big eyed harbor seal.
    I love it here. Can't wait to hit the post rain dirt.

SCPivot, Oaken, Mikie and 11 others like this.
  21. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I can ride my horse right in the middle of this mass of population, and I see other people do it on occasion to. Take a ride down the San Gabriel River Trail to the beach and you will pass through all kinds of neighborhoods, including neighborhoods in what most people deem "LA" and you will see people riding horses. Here I am, riding my bicycle in perfect weather, on a bike path, past horses in a river, heading to the beach to enjoy some tacos.

There are a lot of assholes out there. The percentage, I would argue, is probably the same, we just have more numbers. Take the good with the bad.

As I recall, someone recently just ran over and killed some people on bicycles because he wanted to scare them, in Texas. Of course, that is where tons of people are moving to because they don't like California and the "oppression". Speaking of California "oppressions, few guys murdered someone for running though their neighborhood, while being black. So, yeah, the "California sucks" argument falls short on me.

The real issue is with the population is the anonymity. When people feel anonymous, they try to get away with stuff. That happens in large populations, or places like in your car or on the internet. One reason I have been using my real name more online.

SCPivot, Oaken, Mikie and 14 others like this.
  22. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    You said (leathers) you must be a fogey also. I'm not trying to out-do you but your post is gold and brought back memories. My buddy Rosy< a Male, and I did a 9:00 a.m. Jackrabbits M.C. European scrambles. then Mtn-High, then Devils punchbowl Burkhart trail to the windmill & back, then the dive bar in Littlerock where the Checkers M.C. held meetings. And still had Sunday off.

As for the discussion over California, of course there is lots of good stuff, and I will miss (I left). But it's politically incorrect to make points against due to wokeness, cancel culture, being pigeonholed for the truth, so that side of the argument is disarmed.

I have been lurking for days wondering if the DB is found out yet. Oh and a split second into the video my street smarts went on high alert, I knew that guy (that ignored a man down) was going to bolt. No words!

Mikie, Danmtchl, mtnbikej and 4 others like this.
  23. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Runs w/ Scissors and I, separately, would commute on our bikes to Long Beach from Fullerton area. Mostly on paved bike paths. Coyote Creek riverbed to San Gabriel riverbed to Long Beach ocean path to downtown Long Beach. One of the great pleasures in life, to be able to ride to work, then on the way home see sea lion slowly floating up the San Gabriel river...
    Do you still commute on bike once in a while Runs? I no longer work in LBCH...

SCPivot, OTHRider, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  24. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    My ex wife was convinced that she was going to get murdered when she joined the military and got orders to California, from Delaware. Also was told that there are black widow spiders everywhere and they can jump 20'. That was in the 90's :Roflmao

Mikie, UPSed, Danmtchl and 5 others like this.
  25. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I commute about 10 feet these days, on foot. Working from home, 21 months now. :thumbsup:

Mikie, Sidewalk, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  26. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Feb in so cal. Out on the Bight looking at the sunshine and the snow covered peaks. Jumping into 120+ visibility water. Sitting on deck getting my bottle filled, I told my pal. So cal in Feb really sucks as you have to decide to mtn bike the green hills, snow ski up on those mountains or gather tasty scallops from the Channel Islands. Life can be so perplexing.

Oaken, Mikie, konakc and 10 others like this.
  27. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Which part is making you roll on the floor laughing?

28. akmoney

akmoney Member

Name:
    Andrew
    This post woke me back up from the dead...

Just a side comment: If you ride a mountain bike in the presence of others - especially if you've ever ridden one at speeds >10mph whenever riding past one of those easily ignored speed limit signs you'll find in various locations in county parks - you should have a personal umbrella liability insurance policy. $2M in coverage costs <$400/year. It's dirt cheap compared to the cost of losing everything if you hit someone riding your bike, seriously injure them and they sue you. I bet the guy on the e-Bike didn't have one.

SCPivot, Danmtchl, tick and 11 others like this.
  29. ThomasF

ThomasF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pivot
    I think someone was at fault. Not paying attention will get you hurt in any circumstance. From what I see it was on fire road not sure how this could happen. Don’t run into anything and stay in control.
    Ban stupid.

30. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I'm speculating here but consider the speed that the guy was doing when he fled the scene. If he was approaching the other rider at that speed, it would be difficult to maneuver in time to prevent a collision. Especially if the other rider did not hear or see him approaching (silent e-moto). Only those who were present (witnesses) can answer this.

SCPivot, redwoods, kingaucho and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?