Dynamic Kreature Remembrance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by knucklebuster, Jan 10, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I just found out about this, even though it happened over a year and a half ago. One of our forum members @Kreature passed away in April 2017 from a ruptured Aorta. He was 55 years old.

Some of you may have known him, or of him, from the Strava Million Foot Club, which he created and administrated. Looks like someone has taken over his account on Strava and still maintains the club.

I talked to him in person a couple times, usually on or near Stairsteps trail in Aliso/Woods. I followed him on Strava so I saw his near daily climbs up Stairsteps (he still holds a top 30 time for the full climb from 133- westridge segment). One time I was hiking up Stairs and he pedaled up past me, cleaning all the big rock step ups on his hard tail. Guy was a climbing beast.

Just thought I'd mention this... much respect for @Kreature... and good memories of days gone by... and a reminder to self that life is precious, and fragile...

2. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Thanks for sharing. So sad, 55 is way too young to go..hate hearing this kind of news.:(

mike, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 3 others like this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  4. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
  5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thanks for posting, Dave.

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That's sad news, Knucklebuster... And way too close to home for most of us. Thank you for filling us in. :unsure:

Fly high, @Kreature .

7. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Well that’s a bummer to hear about the news of @Kreature. Enjoy life while you can cause there’s no guarantees for tomorrow.

mike, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That's NUTS and doesn't even seem possible.
    Stairs - McNatt.JPG

It's very scary when incredibly physically fit people die of heart failure. I hope his family and loved ones can find peace in their loss. Thank you for posting.

~JB~, Old&InTheWay, mike and 5 others like this.
  9. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    If it gets any of us to get that physical that keeps getting postponed, then it has some meaning.

Keep an eye on your tickers, folks. It works great, until it doesn't.

10. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    upload_2019-1-11_7-16-46.jpeg
    This is David’s Avatar here on imtbtrails. I just saw an old post by @Kreature just the other day and thought, “Oh! He’s back!” But then realized it was an old post. This really bums me out. I remember him here and over on STR as a real good guy! I truly hope David is resting in peace.

11. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
  12. Fijirob

Fijirob Member

Name:
    Rob
    Wow, 55 is too young. Okay guys my doc had me get a heart scan/calcium score when I turned 50 in August. Although most insurance companies do not cover it, he had secured a deal with the local imaging company for a $140 fee. My doc just started doing this last year as a preventative program and has already saved a half of dozen lives. These scans calculate your risk of developing coronary artery disease by measuring the amount of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries. This heart scan can help you and your doctor identify if you are at risk of having a heart attack, and potentially saving a life.

Like Dynamic Kreature, my buddy and neighbor died of a heart attack last year at 50. Please take care of yourselves, life is precious. Talk to your doc about this scan if you think you are even a slight risk. For the cost, it was a no brainer.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?