Downieville June 2-5

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by natecotterman, May 27, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Tags:
  1. natecotterman

natecotterman Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Nate Cotterman
    Current Bike:
    trance sx 27.5
    Ill be heading to Downieville to meet a couple of my brothers for a man-weekend camping trip. Looks like the top portion might still have snow, but I read the bottoms are running sweet. Gonna shuttle ourselves (there will be 5 of us total) camping at Wild Plum. Any suggestions? is there any other single track that can make for a day long loop?

mountaingirl sara, Mikie and mike like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU, Nate. I've done just the usual there, so no insider info. I'll bet Stepper has a gem or three for ya. Grill the guys at either of the shuttle joints when you get there? Wish I could entertain joining...enjoy yourselves :thumbsup:

mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Maaaaaan?!
    I have never been to Downieville!:mad:
    You need to talk with @MTBHotRod ! I know he has been there a few times.
    Have a blast!
    Mikie

natecotterman and mike like this.
  4. Poofighter

Poofighter Member

Name:
    Noel
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Shortboy
  5. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    Pretty sure there is some singletrack along the Yuba River, but as mike suggested just ask the guys at the two shuttle companies. I'll be up in Truckee at the end of June and may make the trip out to Downieville.

natecotterman, mike and Mikie like this.
  6. Albacore

Albacore Member

Name:
    Adam
    Current Bike:
    Transition Bandit 29
    North Yuba trail runs along the river but it is the least maintained of all the trails up there and often overgrown with poison oak. Check out Mills Peak. It's a great ride and can be made into all day epic. I'll link more detailed info soon.

7. natecotterman

natecotterman Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Nate Cotterman
    Current Bike:
    trance sx 27.5
    Thanks Guys! I read some about North Yuba. I was thinking do the downhill, stop in town for a little bit, then head down north Yuba and drive back up. My bro from denver is renting a bike from downieville outfitters, so we will rap with them when we pick it up. Super stoked, thank for all the suggestions. Defiantly want to check out Mills Peak.

Albacore and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?