Does anyone even buy 26’ers anymore?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jdubb, Aug 11, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. jdubb

jdubb Member

Name:
    John Williams
    Current Bike:
    2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy cc
    Cleaning the garage - I have my 2007 Titus El Guapo stuffed in the corner feeling ashamed and neglected. I never rode this bad boy like I should have. Coming from a hard tail, cross country race stock, this bike and I never experienced true love.

Now it’s time for separation and my thoughts are that this is a killer bike,...climbs well but big travel for the chunk. I keep telling my friends that this bike is still relevant and has value. Their response is eye roll and mumbles of “dinosaur” and “whatever “.

Any suggestions on value would be greatly appreciated

I replaced the stock stem & seat post for Thompsom Elite
    It’s a Medium
    Anyone who is interested is likely going to be met with a very reasonable, motivated seller

PS - photo is old, I can post a recent one when I get home but wanted to hit up my IMTBTRAILS brethren to gauge its range of value

8C3C95D1-2A9F-44CE-9CB5-8CB3F4734117.jpeg

scan, fos'l, Cyclotourist and 6 others like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    In this bike thirsty climate, I'd ask for top dollar and see what happens- on craigslist or another platform not populated by people with too much bike knowledge. Maybe like...$1300?

That was a rad bike back in the heyday of the 26er. I remember lusting over it. Good luck!

scan, fos'l, Danmtchl and 7 others like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    The model isn't listed in BBB, but there could be other models to help you price it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at   4.28 PM.png

scan, fos'l, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    My daughter still wants to ride occasionally. She's all of 4'11 and won't be getting any taller. A decent 26'er would be a great thing.

Her boyfriend, on the other hand, is 6'2" and is on his own coming up with a MTB. :Roflmao

scan, fos'l, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  5. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    From a time when Chris Cocalis was running the place, and they were very respected (like Pivot today; anybody surprised?). However, I'd be amazed if you got more than $1000 even in this inflated market. Problem is the individuals who know how good it is don't want 26's and the rest are too cheap IMO.

6. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I’ll ask my daughter, she’s wanting a bike and is currently borrowing a Moots, soft tail, 26”
    Will check back on price :thumbsup:

fos'l, Danmtchl, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    My wife's Titus Motolite (2008) is a fantastic bike. FSR suspension reasonably modern geometry. Well built. The El Guapo was a highly desirable freeride bike in its day. Might be a bit much for a new rider, but only because it would require more effort to move than a more spritely 29er.

Great bike though. I hope you get a reasonable price for it. :thumbsup:

scan, fos'l, Cyclotourist and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?