DMR Vault flats

Discussion in 'Flats' started by mike, Aug 16, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

Got a couple of rides with these.

Outside of bikepacking, I'm a thin-pedal devotee, so this pedal was a little departure for me. I recently experienced the downside of thin flats: There's just no way a bushing or micro-bearing will be as durable as a decent-sized bearing. I was willing to compromise. DMR Mag V12 (my bikepacking pedal) has been the most bomber pedal I've used, so I kept with DMR and similar bearings.

These are big pedals. Thick as my Mag V12 with a longer and more square platform (same axle length). Between the thickness and the platform dimensions, I've had to watch the strikes a little. But the Vault platform size seems to, at least somewhat, mitigate the pedal-roll factor that the Mags can have when getting rowdy on climbs. I'm getting used to it...

In keeping with DMR's penchant for bomber, the pins are the best I've seen or used. Fat; impervious to breakage, different lengths used in one pedal (shorter in the center). That means I can customize my grip by using short or long where I want.

These are not cheap, over a hundy, and not very light (I eschewed the ti axle version). But if experience is any teacher, these will take an absolute thrashing and never give out. I'm 100% happy with them so far, and look forward to many miles and big rides. These have potential to be my single pedal for every use – dig that.

Stkx66, herzalot, Grego and 2 others like this.