Devil's Punchbowl Snow Ride Sunday 3/4/18

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Maddog, Mar 2, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 03-04-18
  1. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Ride Name: Devil's Punchbowl Snow Ride Sunday 3/4/18
    When: Sunday 3/4/18
    Time: 9:00 a.m.
    Where: Devil's Punchbowl County Park; L.A. County that is! Just south of Pearblossom
    Ride Description or Details:
    Is this still the thread to post up rides that you really want other people to ride with you????

All single track with mostly hardpack with some rocks and around 2"-6" of fresh snow falling today and tomorrow! Should be hero dirt if no snow. Longest climbs are about a mile with lots of shorter ups and downs as the trail traverses above the actual Punchbowl. It's a T shaped out and back of about 10-14 miles.

~~~~~ Optional Details ~~~~~
    Meet Location: Main parking lot at the end of the road. If there should be too much snow there to ride and have fun, we'll bail out to P-12 in Palmdale but only 2-4" are expected according to every source I've seen today.
    Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
    Ride Pace: Social Cruise, Easy with Moments of Effort
    Type of Ride: Out and Back
    Rider Limit: None
    Anticipated Mileage: 10-14
    Elevation Gain: Enough to get to the Top
    Ride Duration: 2-3 hours
    Previous Ride Reports: Somewhere!
    Possible Bail-Outs: Turn around anytime or make it an L ride instead of a T ride.
    Facilities: Outhouse at the parking lot and maybe water but may be turned off for the winter
    Food/water suggestions: Enough to keep you warm and hydrated! I'll have a full 100 oz Camelback and a Clif Bar.
    Option to Upload:

littlewave, mtnbikej, mike and 3 others like this.