Devil's Punchbowl 12/26

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Maddog, Dec 24, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    I'm going to ride at Devil's :devilish:Punchbowl on Saturday. I don't think God will mind that the area is so grossly misnamed and that we're riding it the day after Christmas. I'll give credit where it's due! (where's the angel thingy to put here?) Meet at the parking lot at 9:00 a.m. Temps in the mid 30's and a bit a wind so bring layers! I plan to ride east to South Fork campground (bottom of Manzanita trail) and back to Burkhardt trail to the windmill and back. About 20 miles. Post up if you can go!

Mikie, Faust29 and DangerDirtyD like this.
  2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Any snow Madboy?

Mikie likes this.
  3. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    It may be snowing there now. News said 3,000 ft. level tonight (Christmas Eve) and it rained for about an hour here in Lancaster. It's staying cold tomorrow so I think what snow might be there will still be ridable. Only an inch or 2 was expected. Hero dirt on the sunny spots!

Mikie likes this.
  4. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    A quick visual from my Mom's place in Palmdale revealed no snow at the Punchbowl. Looks like all the snow fell at Mikie's place!

Mikie likes this.
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Well Greg I just can't get past the 20 mph wind and temps in the low to mid 30's , I don't have the shoes gor it. I've been wanting to do this ride all year but vever got to it.

Mikie likes this.
  6. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Wait a second; you're having issues with wind and coldo_O????? You're living in the wrong part of Southern California! Wal-Mart opens at 6:00 a.m. and Sport Chalet soon after so go buy some wool socks, heat up your morning gruel in the micro and ride! Your only alternative is to wait until April when it warms to the mid 40's!

7. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Well H^B your instinct for self-preservation kicked in a little sooner than mine but I'm following your lead and bailing on this ride today! Sustained winds in the 30's here in town and stronger with 50 mph gusts at the Punchbowl! That's the kind that can blow over trees! So I'm gonna reschedule this ride for tomorrow (Sunday) if anyone would like to join in! Same time, same place!
    Think I'll go to the gym and then hit Sport Chalet and Squeaky Wheel for day after bargains!

Mikie and hill^billy like this.
  8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Yah, no since in freezing by yourself. I'll be heading down south on Sunday where it should be much warmer I hope.

Mikie likes this.
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Have a great ride, you guys. Stay warm and rip it...