Cyclist killed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Jan 31, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    F@ck.

https://patch.com/california/alisoviejo/bicyclist-killed-hit-run-crash-aliso-viejo

ALISO VIEJO, CA — A cyclist riding on Westridge Drive at Woods Canyon Drive was struck and killed by a hit and run motorist, police said.

A suspect, a 42-year-old man, was quickly taken into custody, and was being questioned, the sheriff's department reported.

The cyclist, a man in his 50s, was crossing Woods Canyon Drive when a Volvo struck him just before 6:45 a.m., Carrie Braun of the Orange County Sheriff's Department said.

"The driver kept going, but witnesses gave deputies a vehicle description," she said. "Police found the vehicle about a mile away, and deputies arrested the suspected driver a short distance from the Volvo."

The Major Accident Reconstruction Team is conducting a full investigation. If you were in the area at the time of the collision, please contact OCSD at 714-647-7000 to provide additional information, Braun said.

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU, S. Was sad to read that.

What is it about SoCal? May the force be with you if you commute or recreate around cars and people who don't care.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    KTLA is reporting that the victim's wife drove upon the scene shortly after it happened. :(

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    It's not just So Cal although we seem to be leading in the number of incidences.

Humanity is going mad. Too much crowding, too much dishonesty, too expensive, too much competition. That is bound to cause cracks in our morals as a species, eventually.

But this isn't Black Sunday. I want to see humanity pull itself back together and function as a team, not as individuals, with respect and compassion, just as much as the next guy.

Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 5 others like this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Damn, again...

Chances are someone here is has connections... sorry for you, their family, and of course the victim.

Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  6. SingleTrackJB

SingleTrackJB Well-Known Member

Name:
    SingleTrackRider
    This is so terrible. Hit-and-run is just pure evil. Not sure what jail sentence can be but is this not manslaughter. :(

Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  7. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Danmtchl, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 3 others like this.
  8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Very sad for that family!!!! THATS why I ride dirt.

Danmtchl, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  9. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    :cry:That's bad

10. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    What he said :cry::cry::cry:

11. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Vehicle was parked a mile away and the scumbag wasnt in the car. He was trying to ditch that car and the scene. If his wife was coming shortly after most likely to pick him up to get him out of there :mad:

12. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Assuming he was driving his own car, ditching it a mile for the accident is not smart.

I have been cutting way back on my morning road rides..... It is hard to find a good stretch of road without a White "ghost" bike.
    The one on Seal beach and PCH is a daily reminder.
    I'm not superstitious, but it seems to me that the accidents locations are way to close to home.

This is the price we pay as a society for progress (distracted/impaired drivers)........ F**ken progress indeed!

13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower

dym6tuuucaesng5-1548980971-6656.jpg
    LAKE FOREST, CA —A south Orange County man riding on Westridge Drive at Woods Canyon Drive was struck and killed by a hit and run motorist Wednesday, police said. The driver was identified as Rogelio Martinez Cuin, a Lake Forest resident, who was booked for felony hit and run, the Orange County Sheriff's Department reported.

14. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Mikie- we need you to come up with a “dislike” or “thumbs down” button

15. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky

P-O-S

16. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Request still pending...

17. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Only reason I can think of to not stop and help is you have something to hide. I can’t imagine a law abiding citizen to not stop even if they caused an accident. When drivers are impaired, unlicensed or breaking any other laws then it is not an accident, it is a crime driven by careless and selfish behavior.

Super sad to read these stories and see all the ghost bikes around OC as mentioned before. This poor husband and father just wanted to commute on his bike and became another tragic statistic that shouldn’t exist.

There’s a bunch of those pay to use scooters scattered around Santa Ana by my wife’s office and while I like the idea I said to her that I’m hesitant to even walk on sidewalks along busy streets these days, never mind using the bike lane along them. Especially in Santa Ana.

No way my kids are riding bikes around town like my friends and I did in the 80’s and early 90’s.

18. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    A little internet sleuthing shows a public intoxication violation not long ago...

19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    F@ck...

So sad for his family. I hope they can find some peace. I know I wouldn't.

20. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?