Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Mar 5, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    The trends are on the rise if for any reason, due to the re-socializing of careless people (protesters, cough, cough) and the fact that we are test an enormous number of people daily now, everywhere. But in reality, things are actually slowing down. We are beating this bug.

Sasquatch9billion and Stkx66 like this.
  2. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Ummmm excuse me sir.... Please stay one downhill bike length away please

I've seen a lot of careless people around....

Soccer games in the park.... For instance

3. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    :sick::D

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  4. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Seen the soccer and some sand volleyball in the parks (6x6)

Sasquatch9billion and Stkx66 like this.
  5. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I hesitate to wake this thread back up, but thought this was too good to pass up.

Screenshot_2020-06-10 Instagram.jpg

6. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    We love Ruth!

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Ruth knows what’s up. And if not for Coronavirus, I’d have no idea who Ruth is.

8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Our hospitals' highest in house positive daily cases was 17 a week and a half ago, Today 31!!

9. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    No like for that...:poop:

10. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Question, how many of the 31 are actually sick enough to effect their daily routine? Mild to severe?

Sasquatch9billion, fos'l and mtnbikej like this.
  11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Not a like - a thank you for the information like. Definitely a dislike like.

12. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    YIKES!

Sasquatch9billion and fos'l like this.
  13. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    The OC health official who laid down the mask wearing requirement at stores and businesses resigned a few days ago to protect herself and her family, because the county made her address known to the public and protesters massed outside of her home threatening them. When I read that I thought, guaranteed her replacement will rescind the order. Just saw on FB that the interim guy, who supported her decision previously, is expected to announce they are now just recommended instead of required. Which means no one will be wearing them anymore, even tho health experts everywhere say they significantly lower transmission. My wife and I are both retail workers and have elderly relatives we must interact with.
    SIGH...hopefully the city of Laguna Beach will retain the requirement, they required them long before OC did.

14. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    As usual, you can find any numbers to fit the argument you wish to make. I read an article 2 days ago specifically talking about CA. The article stated that CA’s #’s had totally leveled off for weeks but hospitalizations were down. The weekly death count had not dropped though.
    Yesterday I read a different articles that said CA #’s are actually way down overall but LA County was way up. On the flip aside, Georgia which was the 1st state to open a month ago and was lambasted is actually doing very well and bucking the trend of #’s trickling up. Not surprisingly, the experts can’t say why that is.

15. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Well if some people are going to be stupid about this thing, I guess they are going to have to learn the hard way (by getting infected). Unfortunately, that affects everyone else, as well. Selfish bastards! :mad:

16. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    OC's rate has been increasing steadily (just put into your browser and look at the curve). My cousin is in Hudson County, NY and the rate has just about zeroed out. Yesterday they reported testing 5,000 individuals with 70 positive (a little over 1%). I needed to go to the local Albertson's for meds today (only times I've been to a store in three months) and all the employees plus most customers had masks. Yay!

17. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I don't know that info specifically with privacy issues. I know of a couple of people who were like mild to moderate. People usually come to the hospital if their daily routines are affected.
    I like the hospital admission gauge vs positive cases. Probably gives you a better idea of the impact in the community

18. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Have the criteria for symptoms requiring hospital admission changed at all recently? I’ve read the standard of care has changed quite a bit, so I wondered if that could explain the recent bump in admissions in OC—mostly just in hopes that it wasn’t due to more bad cases.

There has been a big jump in car traffic at the nursing home near us. The workers there historically used the bus stop, but I expect they have been counseled to drive. Riding a bus with nursing home orderlies would seem to be a bad idea.

UPSed and mtnbikej like this.
  19. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Not that I know of.

tick likes this.
  20. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    As you've probably heard, possibly related to memorial day weekend and places opening up more.
    We'll have to see the effect of the demonstrationso_O

DangerDirtyD, rossage and tick like this.
  21. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Here we go again....

The anger of the protesters has blinded them to the fact that we are in the middle of a pandemic.

The result: considerable increases in positive test results in several states, including ours.

The ignorance of the those who are in denial about this pandemic are going out into reopened businesses without taking precautions.

The result: considerable increases in positive test results in several states, including ours.

DangerDirtyD and SingleTrackJB like this.
  22. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    Can anyone think of a better way to propagate it than a bunch of individuals in close proximity yelling? It was virus heaven.

Redman and DangerDirtyD like this.
  23. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
  24. SingleTrackJB

SingleTrackJB Well-Known Member

Name:
    SingleTrackRider
    SnakeCharmer and HBkites like this.
  25. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    Relatively, we've been spared so far compared to many areas, and individuals have been and continue to be very complacent. Bad formula.

HBkites likes this.
  26. ddmansprty

ddmansprty Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel
    A coworker thought it would be a good idea to come to work even though his brother has been sick, and he wasn't feeling well. Turns out his brother tested positive for COVID. End result, 18 people that were in contact with the employee were sent home for quarantine for two weeks. We have three techs in my group, both of them quarantined, I now have to do the work of three people in two different locations. Or at least try to. The. whole ordeal really put our group in a bind. Oh well.

27. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

And there are people like that! What a great attitude you have toward dumbassery!

28. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Wait....techs.. Does this mean technical as in computer stuff? They can't work from home? Just curious, as I've been working from home (and loving it) since mid-March.

29. ddmansprty

ddmansprty Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel
    Validation test techs, vibration, thermal ect. It would be tough to get the temp/humidity chamber and the 500 amp power supply in my car to take home... I did get to build some 8020 frames from home and wire harnesses from home, and enjoyed every bit of it.

30. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Once you design one thing with 8020, every problem has an 8020 solution.

my wife wouldn’t let me make our mailbox post out of 8020. I wanted to make a backyard shade structure from it, she shut that down too.

it’s expensive but still cheaper than finding and keeping a good welder.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.